Reaaaaaalllyyy sllloow losses

mrss2010

Hi everyone

Want sum advice I've bn sticking to plan religiously and going to gym 4-5 times per week, in 21 weeks I've lost 17lbs!! That's not even a lb a week average!! I eat 1/3 superfree if not more and weigh and measure my healthy extras so I no it's not that!!! I'm gettin so disheartened by it so need a gd kick up the bum or advice please!!! Sum1 tell me I'm not alone!!! Lol

Mrss2010 x

How much do you have to lose? I know it can be frustrating but you are losing so dont feel too down. If youd like some advice or tips how about posting a food diary on here so people can see what youre eating and give more specific advice. Have you tried red or green days rather than ee?

I've about 6 more stone to lose so its not like I've only a stone or so to go! Lol I mix my days up so usually have either red or green through the week and extra easy at the weekend! Yea maybe I'll start posting my food diary

Yesterdays was an extra easy day for example;
B- chopped strawberries, banana, apple with mullerlight
L-leftover roast beef, mash (2syns) and free roast carrots
D-pasta bake with broccoli chicken onion and campbells lf condensed soup (2.5syns for my portion) with fruit for afters
Syns- skips 4.5 syns
Supper mullerlight and 2 slices of toast (heb) nimble with banana on top
Hea was used on milk for coffees 300ml 1% milk

Does this look ok?? Thanks for ur help!

Mrss2010 x

I wouldnt have it any otherway, honestly that slow loss is a keeper!
It depends also on what you have to lose, i am freestyling and do exersise. my iggest loss was this wk of 3lb 10oz normaly im 1 lb here 10 oz there bu average 4lb a month.

Ive added in the 30 day shred from the Biggest losser, the results with in 7 days were unbelivable.
But within days it can come back were the muscles relax.

The body needs to be trained to stay firm so i will be on this now for at least 3 months then will slow it down to twice a week with my riding.

50% of wieght loss is exercise its a must that you mix the 2.

Hope this helps a bit
best of Luck.

PS also when i got no reults I changed my wieghing to a Monday it made a load of difference with any temptations i was devouring on the weekend.:)

Thanks guys

It's my weigh in tonite and I made the mistake of weighing at home this morning and it showed a gain so I think that has what's put me in such bad form! Lol it's amazing what standing on the scales for 2 seconds can do for ur moral! Lol

If you want slow - have a peek at my loss to date and the time its taken me!!! I am well under 1lb a week as my average, but i am still going. It took me years to gain all my weight so i am expecting it to take a long time to come off!

Good luck - and dont compare yourself to others, this is your journey at your pace - which to me - is fine!

Well done on your loss to date xxx

thanks elle

ive just reweighed myself before weigh in and if my scales are right im looking at a 2lb gain!!! eeek! i dont no how, ive bn mega gd this week, i think i might cry! lol oooh well ill go and get it over with and then start a new week once i get off the scales!!!!

mrss2010

If you want slow - have a peek at my loss to date and the time its taken me!!! I am well under 1lb a week as my average, but i am still going. It took me years to gain all my weight so i am expecting it to take a long time to come off!

Good luck - and dont compare yourself to others, this is your journey at your pace - which to me - is fine!

Well done on your loss to date xxx

Totally agree.. and in addition to this you're ensuring how you eat becomes a habit and not just another "diet." That'll ensure that when you get it off - you keep it off. Keep on trucking hun.

I've about 6 more stone to lose so its not like I've only a stone or so to go! Lol I mix my days up so usually have either red or green through the week and extra easy at the weekend! Yea maybe I'll start posting my food diary

Yesterdays was an extra easy day for example;
B- chopped strawberries, banana, apple with mullerlight
L-leftover roast beef, mash (2syns) and free roast carrots
D-pasta bake with broccoli chicken onion and campbells lf condensed soup (2.5syns for my portion) with fruit for afters
Syns- skips 4.5 syns
Supper mullerlight and 2 slices of toast (heb) nimble with banana on top
Hea was used on milk for coffees 300ml 1% milk

Does this look ok?? Thanks for ur help!

Mrss2010 x

The only thing I can spot is the lack of super free food at lunch time :eek: (Depending of course on the size of your fruit portion for afters)

I don't think you've got anything to worry about weight loss wise ... I'm similar having lost 17lbs in 17 weeks and it has definitely slowed down but as Elle says it didn't go on overnight so it certainly won't come off overnight.

I'm still enjoying SW so intend to carry it on forever! Hope you are enjoying it too and well done on the weight loss so far! :)

Ok ladies thanks for ur help! Went to wi and had 1/2 lb on, would u guys mind if I post on here my diary everyday for u to check on?? Tantrum over I have now lost 16.5lbs and I want my 17 back! Lol fresh new week starts now!!!!

S x

Good for you hun! You're a fighter like me! We will make a success of this new way of life!

You might want to post your diary on one of the diary threads above ... I've got one in Food Diaries (link below).

I get lots of fabulous support from my Minimins mates in there :D I honestly couldn't do it without them! :D

Oh ok I'm new to this so have no clue wot I'm doing, will I just make a new thread in the diaries section?

Oh ok I'm new to this so have no clue wot I'm doing, will I just make a new thread in the diaries section?

It's up to you hun. You'll get a certain amount of advice and support on this part of the forum but if you would like to keep a diary to keep track of your ups and downs that's the best place.

Have a nosey at both of the Diary sections - see what you think. It's a brilliant place to have a nosey and pick up lots of hints and tips ;) Then you can decide if it's for you x

If you want to just give us an example of a few day's worth of eats, then pop them in here - there are some VERY knowledgeable people here who will give you lots of help and advice :) I'm ALWAYS on here pinching ideas!

Ali* said:
It's up to you hun. You'll get a certain amount of advice and support on this part of the forum but if you would like to keep a diary to keep track of your ups and downs that's the best place.

Have a nosey at both of the Diary sections - see what you think. It's a brilliant place to have a nosey and pick up lots of hints and tips ;) Then you can decide if it's for you x

If you want to just give us an example of a few day's worth of eats, then pop them in here - there are some VERY knowledgeable people here who will give you lots of help and advice :) I'm ALWAYS on here pinching ideas!

Thanks for this ilk start an online diary tomoro x

I know it sounds weird but have you actually tried eating a bit more? If you're working out you're using up a lot of calories AND having a low calorie diet any way, it could be you're putting your body into starvation mode. If you're 6 stone overweight AND you're active every day you will need a lot more calories than a person with only a stone or two to lose.

I went through the whole of April with a 4lb loss and was averaging about 1000kcals a day or so...so I upped my calories in May and have lost 16lbs in the last 4 weeks.

It's worth trying for a week or two and if no change then try something else.

You don't have to count calories, just have your full amount of syns or even go up to 20 a day for a time and see what happens.

You can work out your BMR HERE which you can then use to calculate the amount of calories you need per day HERE. So active 3-5 days a week, you would times your BMR result by 1.55 to get your daily intake needed to maintain. To lose, see HERE. Not saying SW isn't working for you, but it "might" just be you need to eat a bit more because of the work outs.

Last edited:
I know it sounds weird but have you actually tried eating a bit more? If you're working out you're using up a lot of calories AND having a low calorie diet any way, it could be you're putting your body into starvation mode. If you're 6 stone overweight AND you're active every day you will need a lot more calories than a person with only a stone or two to lose.

I went through the whole of April with a 4lb loss and was averaging about 1000kcals a day or so...so I upped my calories in May and have lost 16lbs in the last 4 weeks.

It's worth trying for a week or two and if no change then try something else.

You don't have to count calories, just have your full amount of syns or even go up to 20 a day for a time and see what happens.

You can work out your BMR HERE which you can then use to calculate the amount of calories you need per day HERE. So active 3-5 days a week, you would times your BMR result by 1.55 to get your daily intake needed to maintain. To lose, see HERE. Not saying SW isn't working for you, but it "might" just be you need to eat a bit more because of the work outs.

wow do u no i hadnt even thought of this.....ill give it a go!!!! thanks!

Take a big step back mate- you have LOST 17LB!!!!!

That is fantastic- who cares how long it takes as long as it come off.

All my attempts at dieting in the past were 'fast and furious' and I always regained it (not saying this is the case for everyone, but it was for me). This time I made a commitment to myself to aim for a half pound loss per week as, although it would take 4 years, it would be sustainable and realistic.

I lost 8 stone in around 28 months- no-one ever says "It took you 28 months?" they only ever say "you lost 8 stone!!??"

I had to live through those 28 months anyway, so I just took it gradually and because it took me so long eating this way is utterly normal- maintaining isn't really difficult (9 months and counting) as this is the way I am now

Give yourself a break and realise what you have achieved rather than focussing on the negative

xxx

Ur right cocktailprincess! I think I was just having a bad day yesterday!! Wow 8 stone!!!!! Well done u!!!!! I couldn't imagine doing so well!!!! Wow!!!!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back