Good evening :-)

Misneach

Hi all!

As you can probably guess, I am new to this site, and to be honest a little nervous... I made the decision recently to join the forum and be brutally honest with myself and you guys, because I need to kick myself in the bum, and it's somehow easier being blunt and honest with strangers than with people I know!

So, a little about me...I am 29, love reading, walking and all things outside. I am an intensive care nurse, recently changed from adult itu to neonatal - as you may guess, a very physically and emotionally demanding job. Because of this (and the hours!) I struggle to join any face to face slimming groups, but I did once join slimming world online to good effective. However when I moved cities I managed to let this drop and have been struggling to make a change ever since.

At last weight (last week) I was around 108kg which I'm ashamed by to be honest. My eldest brother gets married in 6 months and I'm desperate to shift some by then and feel comfortable in whatever I wear. I have a difficult relationship with scales in that firstly my floor is so uneven, I don't really get consistent readings, and secondly every time I do get good results I seem to use this to justify bad snacks. Snacking is my main problem.

So, my plans are largely to follow slimmingworld plan where I can, and generally watch what I eat in terms of portions and making sensible decisions as well as keeping better track of it all, and to change my approach to snacks! Big time! And as a measure I may try photo documenting (whether I share these or not is yet to be decided) and measurements rather than scales, see if that works any better for me. In terms of a target, I would like to be in a healthy range, but more than that I want to be comfortable in myself.

From you lovely people, I ask any advice. I come seeking support and like minded people to help and inspire this journey in the hope it goes better, but also the same in reverse... if any of my experience can help or support another, I consider that a success.

Time to throw myself in!

Much Love

Misneach xx

Welcome and good luck!!!

Back