Reached a magic number

BFBecosse

This is only my second post in here, but it's quite an important milestone for me.
When I started seriously trying to lose weight, I weighed 224lb. I've been much more than that in the past - 266 - but earlier this year would have been around the 245 -that's 17 1/2 stone. I'm a 6 foot 2 42 year old male.

Anyway - I digress.

Weight was coming off well for most of the time, but the last three weeks has seen me hitting the wall quite a bit. Nothing I did made much of a difference, it hovered around the 203lb mark.
But the last couple of days have seen it moving very slowly downwards until I weighed myself around 30 mins ago.

199.2 lbs :D

I know it's only a number, but for me it's a hugely significant number.

I now have two targets left.

1) Healthy BMI range is the first.
2) Target weight of 189lbs or thereabouts.

I'm not hugely hung up on this last target, but that area would be good.

From a highest of 19 stone to around 13 1/2 would be fantastic.

All the best to everyone and have a happy and healthy weekend. Keep the faith - you'll get there !!

Last edited:
hey well done
thats great!! you have height on your side but im sure you'll reach the target you want and a healthy bmi is as good a target as any.
good luck
s x

hey well done
thats great!! you have height on your side but im sure you'll reach the target you want and a healthy bmi is as good a target as any.
good luck
s x

Yes, height is on my side. In fact no one actually believes my weight was / is so high. Still, it's what I feel in myself that's important. But I'm sure you all know that anyway. :)

Fantastic achievement!

Congratulations and well done on reaching your magic number:):happy096:

Love Mini xxx

Congrats. Great accomplishment. Well done!

Make that 198lbs. :D Things are moving again.

This gives me a new target I hadn't realised was there. When I get to 195lbs, that'll mean I'm in the 13 Stone Zone. Now that'll be a strange experience.

The only strange thing is that I had always thought that the mid thirteens would be good. Going by the bits which I know I need to get rid off, it must be a bit more than that.

Time alone will tell.

Cheers all.

Fabulous news that you got below the 200 mark, these milestones are important to keep you motivated so good luck with the last 10lbs and well done on your overall achievement its gr8. !!!

ive always had that off people. saying you dont look that heavy. im 5 ft 6, which is tall enough but it is about how you feel. i think ive become a bit complacent as i tell myself i just want my bmi to be normal which is approx 9-10lbs away but looking at myself realistically i think now i need to reset my target to maybe try and lose 1 and a half stone to regain focus and im probably going to be happier with that.
good luck with getting into the 13's!!
x

Saturday October 18th 2008

196lbs - 14 Stone dead.

1lb away from the previously unimaginable 13 Stone range.

Also 1lb away from the holy grail BMI number 0f 25.

It's like the night before Christmas :)

Sunday 19th October 2008
195lbs - (Depending on which direction the wind is blowing, it's either 195.2 or 194.6lbs.)
My scales are more accurately calibrated in kg where they go down to 100g increments and 88.5kg is definitely sub 195lbs.

Anyway !!

195 is 13 Stone 13 and is also a BMI of 25
All of my adult life I have been either overweight or obese, so to be officially within the healthy weight range is not a little significant for me.

There we go. Four months this has taken so far - started semi seriously in July, got serious in August and am very pleased so far.
Based on the loose bits still hanging on for dear life, I reckon there's another 21lbs in it.

Lastly - I'm boring you now, I know - when I started this, my waist size was 40", last pair of jeans I bought about a month ago were 36" and I reckon another week or so will have me in a 34.

Not bragging at all here, just putting this down in the hope that it might inspire someone to just do it.

Last thing - I promise.
Feeling peckish ?
Wait half an hour.

If you're still hungry then, go on and have something. At the very least, you've managed to space things out a bit and got your stomach another wee bit used to not needing to be full all of the time. The pangs might even go without having anything.

I'll shut up now...

Cheers

John F

Congratulations :clap: on the thirteen's and the BMI 25 what a fantastic acheivment and all in four small months you are an inspiration to anyone who is just starting their weight loss thats me on day one today. :sign0144:

I know my DH is a 32 waist and does go up to a 34" waist everynow and then but manages it with a bit more exercise but he always says to me its like going up at dress size and it becomes an issue for him so getting down from a the 40's to a 34 is fabulous too well done you:happy096:

What diet are you following?

well done - bmi healthy!!! thats fab
i think its important to relook at goals and decide whether to stop or continue and its good that you have decided to continue as you dont want to have just snuck into a healthy bmi range - you want to make sure that even if the wind is blowing in a different direction those scales clearly say that your weight is healthy!! 4 months is great. its taken me just over a year and i still have about 11 lbs to go to get to a healthy bmi but my aim for that is xmas.
good luck and well done again
x

Congratulations :clap: on the thirteen's and the BMI 25 what a fantastic acheivment and all in four small months you are an inspiration to anyone who is just starting their weight loss thats me on day one today. :sign0144:

I know my DH is a 32 waist and does go up to a 34" waist everynow and then but manages it with a bit more exercise but he always says to me its like going up at dress size and it becomes an issue for him so getting down from a the 40's to a 34 is fabulous too well done you:happy096:

What diet are you following?

Hi thanks very much for the positive comments.
My diet is of my own devising, but it seems to be working.

There are a couple of rules I follow - actually there are quite a lot of rules I follow, but they're all common sense.

1) Always have a light breakfast - sometimes around 8.00am, sometimes around 10.00am but never later. This will be cornflakes or toast usually with fruit juice.
2) Always a light lunch. Usually consists of turkey breast, lettuce, onion and tomato on a bread roll. Or if I'm not so hungry after a later breakfast, just a roll with some spread. ~ Maybe a bit of fruit mid afternoon if I'm weakening a bit.
3) Reasonable sized dinner - whatever the family is having. We are all avoiding fatty stuff nowadays, so most of what is left is fine in moderation. This might be pasta or fish done in the oven or turkey - again done in the oven.

What I have decided are forbidden and I am not allowed ever. Total abstinence is easier than moderation for me with the following items.
Fizzy drinks, biscuits, cakes, fried food. Those would be my weaknesses, so now they're not allowed. My motivation being, do you want a biscuit or do you want to keep going in the right direction ?

I never eat in the evening unless dinner happens to be delayed to around 7.00 in the evening which sometimes happens.
If it is delayed to that time, I will eat a small meal. If it's enough to see me to bedtime, then it's enough.

That's pretty much it. Try and get fresh fruit and veg into your diet, avoid all the stuff that put the weight on in the first place and more than anything , stick with it.

You'll soon start seeing real results.

All the best
John F

That is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an inspiration :D Good for you x

That is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are such an inspiration :D Good for you x

Oh I doubt that.
I'm just a bloke trying to sort himself out.
I do have a way to go before I'll be truly satisfied, but most importantly my head is in the right place and I'm sticking with it.
Most gratifying thing is that the blokes at work have noticed and are also joining in too.
That's really the best bit.

^^^ I think that is the definition of inspiration ;) Encouraging others :D Well done!

Back