Reading Labels

I reckon I could put 25 of those in a bowl and scoff the lot but I'm being a good boy now

I actually couldn't eat that many! 2 would be my limit, I struggle to finish a slice of chocolate fudge cake! Too... much... chocolate!

I have to watch fat as I have a gallstone, I stick mostly to 5g/100g but I do have the odd thing upto 10g/100g but only as a treat, I calorie count as well though and have lost 21lbs since beginning of July, so it does work:D

Although I have a calorie allowance the one thing I really keep an eye on is carb content as I found that I can eat the same amount of calories a day but high carb/low fat immediately puts weight on.

Hence the reason why I had to start all over again this year following my bad decision to switch my calorie allowance from controlled carbs to HC/LF as recommended by the health police resulting in the 3 stone I had lost going straight back on in a matter of weeks.

A lot depends on how your body processes what you are giving it.

Don't listen to Squeezy M&S COU choc mousses are THE BEST. lol

Supposedly if you burn more calories a day than you intake = weight loss, sounds simple but everybody's metabolism is different, what works for one doesn't for another, and there could be underlying medical problems. There's only one sure thing about trying to lose weight....it's not easy.

There's only one sure thing about trying to lose weight....it's not easy.

I have found it ok to be honest, doing the method of low fat and calorie counting, i lose 2lb a week, which is fine, don't want to lose it too fast as then you can cause other issues, like fatty liver disease etc, take it nice and slow, exercise if you can, you will get there;)

Just to add I don't really buy into the whole carbs puts weight on thing, if you exercise you will burn it off, if you sit around being sedentary you won't. Thats what I have found anyway, I eat a lot of carbs and am still losing weight at the recommended pace.

Hope that helps

tranquility said:
Although I have a calorie allowance the one thing I really keep an eye on is carb content as I found that I can eat the same amount of calories a day but high carb/low fat immediately puts weight on.

Hence the reason why I had to start all over again this year following my bad decision to switch my calorie allowance from controlled carbs to HC/LF as recommended by the health police resulting in the 3 stone I had lost going straight back on in a matter of weeks.

A lot depends on how your body processes what you are giving it.

Don't listen to Squeezy M&S COU choc mousses are THE BEST. lol

How many cals are they though? Tha cadburys are an amazing 60 :)

I have found it ok to be honest, doing the method of low fat and calorie counting, i lose 2lb a week, which is fine, don't want to lose it too fast as then you can cause other issues, like fatty liver disease etc, take it nice and slow, exercise if you can, you will get there;)

Just to add I don't really buy into the whole carbs puts weight on thing, if you exercise you will burn it off, if you sit around being sedentary you won't. Thats what I have found anyway, I eat a lot of carbs and am still losing weight at the recommended pace.

Hope that helps

Carbs do bloat to a point but I would agree with you that they won't put physical weight on! I've done diets like Exante, where you eat so few carbs that you are in ketosis, and you do FEEL a lot lighter, but its only because carbs are bulky, not because you've actually lost weight.

I'd be more worried about the side effects of eating too many carbs, such as insulin spikes/insulin resistance/diabetes, and not forgetting that eating a lot of carbs also makes you hungry.

People eating a high protein / low carb diet are often a lot less hungry than people who eat low fat / high carb stuff xx

Carbs do bloat to a point but I would agree with you that they won't put physical weight on! I've done diets like Exante, where you eat so few carbs that you are in ketosis, and you do FEEL a lot lighter, but its only because carbs are bulky, not because you've actually lost weight.

I'd be more worried about the side effects of eating too many carbs, such as insulin spikes/insulin resistance/diabetes, and not forgetting that eating a lot of carbs also makes you hungry.

People eating a high protein / low carb diet are often a lot less hungry than people who eat low fat / high carb stuff xx

Thanks for that, its strange but I never get hungry eating what I do, maybe my tummy has shrunk though;)

I'm such a rubbish dieter :( I go by cals alone!! And just use common sense. My own brand of common sense.......;) MFP an me have an arm wrestle over the sugar allowance most days lol. I like carbs. And if I stay off the White bread they like me too!!! So I guess I'm lucky really.

Legomom said:
I'm such a rubbish dieter :( I go by cals alone!! And just use common sense. My own brand of common sense.......;) MFP an me have an arm wrestle over the sugar allowance most days lol. I like carbs. And if I stay off the White bread they like me too!!! So I guess I'm lucky really.

Oh I have exactly the same problem as you!! I love your brand of common sense

I don't really look at sugars. MFP gives you a REALLY low allowance for it and makes no allowances for any natural sugars from fruit etc. I don't count my sugars, I just don't buy anything that's over a certain amount of sugar in it. I've got a diabetic dad so I guess I'm just used to looking because of him and just keep doing it!

Back