Ready meals/easy meals that are low syn or syn free :)

Hi,

Just new to this website.
I've been visiting it for a while as I find it useful to look for syns and recipes etc.
I try my best to cook lots and try recipes, but sometimes it would be nice to have a ready meal or an really simple meal to have in the fridge for when I finish work late or for after University.
I usually do Green, but I think I'm going to try and have a couple of red days so any ideas would be fab!
Going to asda tomorrow, but I work in tesco also so anything you all have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Ps please let me know if im doing this wrong :)

Obviously there are loads of recipes in the section at the top, but some quick meals that you don't have to cook on red days are:

Tesco tinned stewing steak- free
Tesco tinned chicken in white sauce - 1 syn

I occasionally have these with loads of veg for a really quick grab lunch

Tesco light choices- creamy mushroom pasta is 1.5 syns on Green and EE.

thanks Cocktailprincess and Mrs V thats great!
I saw some on previous threads but they were from 2007/2008 and I know supermarkets change their ready meals etc quite regularly.
Any more ideas or tips you be fab!
By the way you are both doing incredible with your weight loss!
xxx

Mrs V

would that light choices creamy mushroom pasta be chilled /frozen/canned

sounds lovely

cheers

A lot of the ww ready meals are low syns and Iceland sell them for £1 each. I have a stockpile in the freezer at home (even wrote the syn value on the pack - must have been having an organised day!) so if I struggle work a lunch on a work day, I bring in one of those and it fills me up so no picking!

My favourite is mushroom/brocolli/potato wedge melt and that is 4.5syns I think.

All the ones I got were 5 syns or under. I think the fish pie was low, around 2.5 possibly...

A lot of the ww ready meals are low syns and Iceland sell them for £1 each. I have a stockpile in the freezer at home (even wrote the syn value on the pack - must have been having an organised day!) so if I struggle work a lunch on a work day, I bring in one of those and it fills me up so no picking!

My favourite is mushroom/brocolli/potato wedge melt and that is 4.5syns I think.

All the ones I got were 5 syns or under. I think the fish pie was low, around 2.5 possibly...

the mushroom/brocolli/potato wedge melt is my favourite also, its sooooo tasty, pity there wasn't more in the dish though!!!!. xx

cocktailprincess what is chickpea dahl? i am pretty open minded with trying new things so i might have to try it!

haha josie delonge that is organised!! well done you! haha i wish i could be really organised and have the time!

I bought some vegetarian ravioli yesterday so ill try that also.

ooo the brocolli wedge thing sounds niceee! i might have to try that!

thanks for the suggestions to everyone i really appriciate it! :D

going to asda now with my grandma and grandad...i will post any bargains i find :)

I really like this if I'm in a rush and would be handy for you as you could pick it up straight from work!!!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tesco Light Choices, Lamb Moussaka, chilled 350g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
4 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

"I bought some vegetarian ravioli yesterday so ill try that also."

Be sure and check the syns...I've bought a few veggie ones, but all have had syns. It' s the 'Heinz Meat Free' stuff you want...and I wish I could find the bloody stuff! lol

cocktailprincess what is chickpea dahl? i am pretty open minded with trying new things so i might have to try it!
It's a curry made with chick peas (which are a sort of bean/pea) It is lovely and thick and very tasty- not too hot and lovely served with rice or in a jacket potato, or just on it's own.

They sell it with the tinned meats/currys in ASDA- it really is a perfect staple to keep in the cupboard- I buy 4 at a time

Make sure if you get the Tesco chicken in white sauce you get the lighter options one - the normal one is 9.5 syns a tin ( I made that mistake :( )

Last edited:
Oooo sounds nice, thanks lonestitcher!

mojomcl - i did check the syns :) it was the sainsburys one but i checked when i got in! thanks though!

cocktailprincess - i managed to find it and bought a tin! ive had stir fry/noodles/quorn pieces for my tea tonight which was yum. its there when i need it though!

moomintrolljen - thanks also! white sauce is good to be free as it can be quite creamy!

im going to try making a recipe i saw on here yesterday - the giant jaffa cake. ive bought 2 flan sponge things so im guna try one tonight and see how it turns out and if its good take it to my class on Wednesday! ill let you know how it turns out!
xxx

cocktail princess - chickpea dahl....you have saved my life!
it is sooooooooo gorgeous! yum yum yum! i will be joining you at buying 4 at a time!
thanks for recommending it!!! xx

Back