ready to restart?

disconapduff

Hello - I dont know if anyone recognises my name but I have done the Cambrdige diet once before about this time last year and although I used to read these boards daily to keep me going I didnt post that regularly.
I lost about 1 1/2 stone last year and unfortunately due to spending 2 weeks in an all exclusive resort then my birthday then Christmas, the weight has slowly crept back on as I have fallen back into my old habits and also stopped exercising.
At the start of every week I tell myself I am going to start eating better but I dont have the willpower to just have 1 square of chocloate - I have to have the whole bar!!! I think this is why Cambridge worked so well for me last time as it was much stricter meaning i knew exactly what I could and couldnt have. It also took food completely out of the equation for a while meaning I could reflect on old habits (meal sizes, cooking methods etc) so that when I started maintaining I kept the weight off for a while.
Anyway, as it is the only thing that has really worked for me in the past I am considering restarting. My cdc is available to take me on again but I'm just not sure I am really ready to put part of my life on hold again (i.e. dinner parties, cooking, baking) so I would love to hear from any other restarters about whether I should a) just go for it and my life/ plans will just fit in around it or b) I should hang on until I feel a bit more ready...although when is anyone ever ready for something like this?!?!
Thanks and I look forward to getting to know you guys again! xxx

Hi and Welcome back.. I'm a restarter.. or will be on Thursday evening! ;)

Hope it goes smoothly for you and you'll see that stone and a half drop off in no time! :)

We have an Easter challenge on at the moment and teams - as I'm sure you're already upto speed on anyhow. :)

Look forward to seeing you around the board.

You're right, there is never a good time to start a diet like this as there will always be some sort of obstacle.
My theory would be to start it now at the beginning of the year when no one really does much, then by the time easter, & bank holidays kick in you should be well on the way to your goal. Summer can be a fab focus, as no one like feeling overweight in summer, it's much easier to hide in winter.

I'd say get on it & once you're into the swing of it, you can fit your life around it until you feel better.....

Good luck with whatever you decide. xx

I am going to be restarting this week if I am not pregnant. I lost about 2 stone this summer, kept it off, but never made it to goal. I'd like to lose 2 or 3 more stone. I let holidays and family outings stop me. So now it's time to get back into gear and move forward in 2009.

thanks guys - that was exactly what i needed to hear! I have booked a restart appt this sunday with my cdc and will start mid next week...will no doubt be seeing more of you now! xxx

good luck with ur restart.

Back