Ready to start

Muffintopp

fattyfattybumbum
Mornign everyone. I am ready to start my new SW journey in a couple of days.
Once I get the shopping in it will be all systems go.
I firstly want to thank each and everyone of you that takes the time to put up your daily food diary.
I have been reading them for the past couple of days and I find reading what other people are having makes it easier for me to plan what I am having......so thank you. You are already helping me without realising it.
So big question, shall I start today, tomorrow or New Year???

Michelle

I am starting today!!!!!!!!
I have started with
Breakfast - porridge made with 270ml skimmed milk, will use rest of milk allowance in coffee throughout the day.

Lunch - Going to try an omelette. Never had one before but putting , mushrooms, peppers, onion, 2 chopped turkey rasher and sprinkle of reduced fat cheese on
Syns for cheese -2 ???

Dinner - Quorn sausages, mash potatoes, baked beans

Throughout day: muller light yoghurt, banana, satsuma x2

How does this sound???

Michelle

Last edited:
Tuesday 4th January 2011
Breakfast-porridge made with water/milk(HE)

Banana
2xsatsumas

Dinner
Wholemeal roll with tuna EL mayo (2 syns) cucumber, tomato and spring onion
Muller light yoghurt

Tea

Last edited:
Well that didn;t last long. I have reset my start date to Monday 10 Jan
I have been ill so just eating what I fancied, when I fancied it :(
Hopefully be well by monday.
I have already booked a Zumba class for Tuesday, and a Spin class on Wednesday. I already run and do triathlons and that hasn't helped weight loss wise so figured I need to jazz my exercise up.......plus if I am at an exercise class I shouldn't feel the pull to eat due to boredom....RESULT!!!!!! hopefully

OK....I AM starting tomorrow, then joining a class on Tuesday to get to grips with it.

HEA-350 skimmed milk
HEB- 2 slices Warburtons Wholemeal bread (400g loaf)

b - 28g ready brek made with milk from HEA followed by ryvita topped with a banana

L- lots of sliced hard boiled eggs, with mixed salad on 2 slices warburtons (HEB)

D - cottage pie, made with fried Quorn mince, onion, garlic, herbs and seasoning in fry light, added can of chopped tomatoes,. Topped with plenty of mashed potato (splash of milk from allowance). Served with green beans, broccoli and carrots

This is what I am planning from tomorrow. I shall come back an edit the extra stuff I have throughout the day

OK.....today is the first day of a lighter me. Went to meeting. Had the newbie talk, but never stayed for the whole meeting as had a Zumba class to get to.
Aim is to have 1 rest day a week!!!!!
so todays food has been:
Green day
Breakfast: 2 Alpen strawberry and yog bars (HEB)

snack: mullerlight yogurt with banana

Lunch: roast chicken Mug shot with 2 slices warburtons wholemeal from 400g loaf (HEB) followed by apple, banana, grapes chopped with mullerlight yogurt

Tea: Slimming world quiche made with courgettes, onions, peppers, mushrooms, 150g cottage cheese, 3 eggs, 28g cheddar (HEA)
served with baked beans.

Other HEA 350ml skimmed milk (although will be changing to semi as never use up the amount) for teas/coffees.

syns will go on an Options Chocolate Drink, Mint Madness, dried, jar 2 syns
Margarine on bread 2 syns
Chocolate digestive x1 4 syns

hi muffintop welcome to s/w and minimins have just looked at ur food looks good the only thing i noticed was the alpen strawberry and yoghurt bar was it a light version as they r the only ones u can use for a heb, i have just started buying the kellogs fibre plus bars as my h/e they are lush good luck losing the lbs x

*runs to kitchen cupboard to look......:mad:

Oh no!!!!!! They aren't. I did get 2 other boxes that are apple and they are light ones luckily so looks like the eldest son will be getting the strawberry yogurt ones.
Thank you Valerie for pointing it out!!!!
Mistake one on day one.....AARRGGHHH.

Wednesday 12th January 2011
GREEN DAY
Breakfast Scrambled egg and beans on toast. (Bread HEB), clover 2 syns
Coffee (Milk HEA)

3 satsumas

Dinner Slimming world quiche, with salad, roast chicken mug shot

Tea Quorn sausages, mashed potato with cheese (HEA), either with baked beans or carrots and broccoli.

Am a bit aware of already having beans once today!!

Will fill rest in as I go along. Was due to go to a spin class today but I have a poorly boy at home so have to forfeit it for next week.
Swimming for an hours coached session tonight though.

Last edited:
ARGH...sorry, the days and time to write my food diary keep running away with me.

Tuesday 18th January 2011
Green day

hexa 250ml semi-skimmed milk
hexa 28g Cheddar
hexb 57g wholemeal roll
hexb 2 Alpen Light Cereal Bars, 21g bar, all varietiesBreakfast 2 alpen light cereal bars (HexB) also measured out 250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA) for coffee throughout the day
2 bananas

Lunch 1 57g wholemeal roll (HexB) with 28g cheddar (HexA), cucumber, tomato, onion, clover light spread 2 syns

Tea

Will come back and fill in what I have for tea when I know myself

Exercise = 1 hour Zumba class followed by 3 mile run :D

Blimey over a week since I was last here. I do apologise. We have been the house of tummy bugs and all things nasty.
Still not fully clear but getting there.
I also missed my weigh in this week due to an interview but needs must and the interview was more important. Just waiting to hear now.
so today...........
Breakfast I am having 28g/1oz Alpen with chopped banana and very low fat natural yogurt.
Never had anything like this before but I am trying to follow the 7 day free menu online to realy get into this.
Mid-morning slices of apple
with a28g/1oz chunk cheddar cheese
Dinner Couscous, spring onion, cucumber, red pepper, tomatoes
Tea Quorn fillet with jacket potato and baked beans
Will come back and fill in anything else I have, will most likely be mullerlight and fruit and options hot chocolate :)

Yay found another green diary! HI Muffintopp your diary looks great I only do green days as I don't eat meat that often so can fit it in as a healthy extra when I want to. I'm also interested in doing zumba but don't have a class near me so was thinking of buying the dvd set to do at home. How are you finding the classes?

Aisha xx

Hi Aisha
Zumba is GREAT fun. It's a bit like aerobics but with set routines and a rest in between. You are shown the routine before you actually do it whereas aerobics is continuous.
The only thing about getting the dvd is knowing you have enough room to do it or not!!
If you go to www.Zumba.com you can find a class in your area.
I dont eat red meat at all, only chicken and occassionally turkey rshers instead of Bacon.

Michelle

January 28th January
EXTRA EASY......I think

Well was rushing about this morning so missed breakfast!!!! :mad:
Only had a cup of coffee with milk from HEA in it.....but just thought I have alpen bars in cupboard so will have them as my snacks

DINNER Pasta, chicken, onion, mixed peppers, tomato, cucumber, sweet corn, lettuce

TEA most likely jacket potato with baked beans as out taking my son cycling tonight and the stadium has a bar so eat there

Will update as I go through day or if anythign changes

Hi Aisha
Zumba is GREAT fun. It's a bit like aerobics but with set routines and a rest in between. You are shown the routine before you actually do it whereas aerobics is continuous.
The only thing about getting the dvd is knowing you have enough room to do it or not!!
If you go to www.Zumba.com you can find a class in your area.
I dont eat red meat at all, only chicken and occassionally turkey rshers instead of Bacon.

Michelle

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for that I'll defo have a look at the website. I do eat meat but never vast amounts. When I was little I always used to eat the veg before the meat when we used to have a roast and still eat it that way. I do quite like chicken like yourself & I've even tried to like quorn but I just don't like it. I eat halaal meat so it's easier to do green when I go out to eat as I cannot always have the meat options at the restaurants I go to.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Aisha xx

Back