Ready to throw in the towel !!

hey hun! Definately don't give in! I had a few weeks (maybe even 8!) where I kept losing a pound, gaining a pound, and then staying the same etc and for no real reason it's started coming off again! I'm proabbaly repeating what others have said but maybe put some focus on speed foods - but if you've tried that already then perhaps switch to higher calorie foods that you may have been avoiding (still on plan though - things like pasta) - I'm definately not saying count calories - but I do think changing things up can kick start things again good luck xxx

Rosie, big hugs to you as it must be so frustrating as you are trying really hard.
Our consultant gave us a tip last week.
She said that she really wasn't losing and was much the same as you at one point.
She went on holiday, and had a lot more to drink and eat than she normally does, and thought she would put on when she got back but she had a big loss!
She said she realised that she probably wasn't eating enough and that it gave her body the kick start it needed.
I know, with me also, the odd blow out did help kick start the weight loss again.
Anyway, whatever you decide, good luck.. you will do it!

Hi there.. i have been reading through your post.. i am not trying to bad mout slimming world at all as i have heard so many amzing weigh loss storys about them - i have been on weight watchers since i was 19 and i am now 22.. i lost 7lbs in the first week and around 3lbs after that.

Obviously the weight loss has slowed down now but im still loosing..

Weight watchers is a great diet and does work, i would suggest trying it for a month or so and see how u get on x

Rosie, rather than stressing about not being able to have your op. I would go back to your doctor and see if it really is absolutely nercessary to lose those last 8lbs. I don't believe that weight is the be all and end all of being a fit & healthy size and shape- believe me, I speak as someone who has sts since last summer, despite trying everything. But in that time I have lost 5cm off my waist. So your doc may just take one look at you and say it's OK. Good luck

Thank you for all your kind and thoughtful comments. It may be hard to believe but I have a swallowing disorder and the fat needs to go from around my oesophagus so the weight loss needed has been based on fat scans of the area. It is gradually disappearing but surgery can be risky if my weight is not at its optimum. I am still in the red zone for every healthy weight chart there is. Most recommend that I should be about 8 stone 7 but I would be happy with 9 stone. You have all given me loads to think about and i must say you are all truly amazing people xxx

I don't know what to say for the best, but if you've built a relationship with the people in your group would it not help to book a 'holiday' from SW meetings and try another diet just for a few weeks?

You know what if it aint working it aint working hun....You have given it your best go and tried everything. You said you had a decent loss counting calories so why not try that to shift that last few pesky lbs. Whatever you do good luck xx

It must be completely and utterly frustrating. :hug99:

And like many of the others here, I've seen your other posts and know that you're following the plan to the letter. I have no doubt that SW would work for you... eventually. But it sounds like 'eventually' isn't soon enough - you simply haven't got another 6 months to play with here.

If it was me hun, yes, I think I'd give some serious thought to going down the calorie restriction route, either by doing WW or calorie counting. Cut down to say, 1000 calories a day and tell myself I'd do it for a fortnight and see how it went.

There's no shame in doing that, given the rather urgent medical need you have to get to where they say you need to be. It's not giving up on SW, cos you could always come back after you've lost those 8 pounds - I doubt you'd put them back on.

And a two or even three week break wouldn't invalidate your SW membership.

Seems to me that you've reached a point where you've nothing to lose (well, except those damned 8 pounds :rolleyes:). It seems to me that it depends if you want to shell out on another membership fee, when IMHO, calorie counting would serve you just as well.

{{{Hugs}}} and all the very best with whatever you decide.

Rosie, it's such a shame that you are having such problems with SW despite your sheer persistence.

I'm the same height as you and similar weight and I have found my weight loss to be a bit slow at times but I've managed to get things moving better by doing more red days and increasing my exercise. I now work out on my Wii for two half hour sessions each week day. I'm not saying that this would necessarily work for you but just so you know what can work for someone.

Everyone here has made quite a few good suggestions and so you have a lot of options. The success express and fast forward plans are both very low calorie plans so might work for you, or a complete change to a different plan such as WW might be better for you.

Best of luck for whatever you decide to do.

Just to update you all, i am trying fast forward for a week if I can manage it without cllimbing the walls and if that or i fail I will defect to the other side for a while lol
Thank you for all your wonderful support xx

Back