real weight loss or a gimmick?

I may start a massive debate out there, but to me WW is not healthy. My sister lost 2stone on WW by eating macdonalds happy meals and using all her points in coke! This may mean less calories but it certainly isn't healthy! Where's the vitamins? The fresh fruit and veg?

I agree with you there to some degree. If you look at WW meals, A lot of them actually have a hell of a lot of fat in them :eek:

Soon to be yummy mummy - your post made a lot of sense, especially about taking the choice away for good/bad food. In the past, if I was following say a 1500 calorie diet, I'd always sneak some chocolate in there that 'cost' me about 300 or so cals, so that didn't really break my sweet fix habit but I was still following 'the rules'. After giving my body a complete break during SS, I found my tastebuds had kind of reset themselves and the sweet cravings were much less. I now find vegetables far more tasty and will happily have a plateful of them. It's almost like I had to go completely Cold Turkey like an addict to cleanse my system. That's what I found anyway....;)

Over the years iv tried every diet going, simular to setas. my most recent b4 CD was WW where i lost 9lbs in 12 wks despite trying hard, sticking to my points and going to gym 3 x week and swimming 2 x week! 9lbs! All diets work in their own way but not all diets work for everybody! The only diet in the past that i got true results was WW when i was 21, i lost 3 stone in 10 mths but it crept back on over the years and some after a battle with cervical cancer (all recovered now). but WW has never worked for me since, must have been my age maybe? and lighterlife also saw me with a 3 stone loss in about 11 weeks, but its expensive compared to CD so i was recommended CD on this site by ppl who have tried it. im very glad they did! iv lost 10lb in 2 weeks, thats 1 lb more in 10 less weeks than WW. its not easy but i love it! Its personal choice to find a diet that works for u, your body and your lifestyle....after all, u dont want to return to bad habits after all your hard work!

I took wkly pics of me on LL,very simular diet to CD and u can see a change in me every single week. it was week 4 i felt a real difference in me and my clothes although i could tell i was changing from week 1, as i felt amazing and 'cleansed' . but it was week 6 and 23lb that ppl at work really started to comment but then i was hiding under a uniform and no one knew i was doing the diet but for my partner. wk 9 i saw my family for first time since early days and jaws hit the floor! i felt totally fantastic and would never say these diets are a gimmick.....they are a life line! have a good look through the posts and photos, there are some really inspirational ppl on here who will give u all the support u need! what ever diet u choose.

i hope u find what works for u and u get the results u want :) x

Back