Realistic Meals

jacz

Well guys, I really would like some hints and tips on meals. I've always done SW alone without class, and it worked really well for me, however, I do struggle to find good meals to make on my own. People always mention really good meal ideas on here, but where do I get the actual recipies and measurements etc? I'd really like to start making better meals rather than salad, jacket potatoes and mackeral, which is pretty much all I eat lol. Can anyone help?? xxx

Hi jacz!

I'm a massive cooking buff, and slimming world has really brought that out of me even more!!

Make sure you always have a cupboard full of SW friendly tins (e.g if doing EE, always have beans, chopped and plum toms, chickpeas, sweetcorn, tinned veg, passata, tuna, mackeral etc) You can then pretty much create anything. Stews are good so just chuck veg and/or meat in a pot (or slow cooker!!!) with a carton of passata and some stock/water and herbs - leave it for a day and it'll be yummy. Similarly with soup - any veg leftover or specially bought, boil it up with seasoning and water/stock, and blitz - can be completely superfree if you're careful, takes no time, costs very little but tastes luuurvely!!!

Otherwise, there's the old faithful, the pasta n sauce or savoury rice, or you're bog standard salad with something other than mackeral - chicken, ham, cheese from HEA etc.

For some meals, I even just steam veg and fry-light-roast some sweet potatoes - tastes great and no syns!!

I think the most important thing is to get beyond weighing and measuring - this is the beauty of SW, and you always end up with half-packs of everything left over anyway - get experimenting - chuck stuff together - you'll really surprise yourself!!!

:)

You could start with the recipe forum on here, SW magazines and recipe books. But there are loads of recipe sites available on the internet and many recipes can be made SW friendly by just tweaking a few ingredients eg frylight instead of oil, fromage frais instead of cream. My favourite source of recipes is www.bbcgoodfood.com

I have loads & loads of recipes I can send to you if you want - just send me a PM with your email address & I will send them all through to you.

Extra Easy on Slimming World

Hi There, I've just started SW and can't get my head round this extra easy. Can anyone explain how it works? I've always been used to Red & Green. Just don't want to do it wrong and waste a week!!

Also I struggle with breakfast as I love toast, do not want to use my milk allowance up on cereals and leave at 7:20 am for work - any suggestions?

Hi There, I've just started SW and can't get my head round this extra easy. Can anyone explain how it works? I've always been used to Red & Green. Just don't want to do it wrong and waste a week!!

Also I struggle with breakfast as I love toast, do not want to use my milk allowance up on cereals and leave at 7:20 am for work - any suggestions?

Have a look at the thread about EE, by Squidie. She explains it really well

The SW version of lasagne is gorgeous, and can be altered by changing pork/turkey mince for quorn mince or a load of veg to suit Green. My OH was very sceptical about it but he really enjoyed it. Making this tomorrow with turkey mince - can't wait!

Back