Realistically.....

Pinkemi

If I were to keep in my 1,260 calories a day (it’s what MFP gave me... not sure where the odd 60 calories comes from) J and made sure that I didn’t eat any of my exercise calories.... How many lbs would I be expected to lose in 3 weeks?

I only ask as I am going on holiday at the end of March and was hoping to lose a stone. I know that it’s not possible now really... at least I don’t think it is?

You could probably lose half a stone, but I think a stone would be unhealthy.
I tend to fluctuate with how much I lose, one week I only lost one pound and the next week I lost 3, I also found I lost more weight at the beginning, so hoping you can have a good loss. (took me 5 weeks to lose a stone, when doing basically what you are planning to)

I agree with KatiePillow, a stone in 3 weeks would be quite unhealthy but realistically half a stone sounds pretty doable x

I think I knew that a stone would be too unhealthy... was my wishful thinking! :)

So half a stone could be doable... which is better than nothing! I planned to have a really good month in Feb... but it went down the drain. Kept falling off the wagon and although I got back on it, I had fallen pretty badly.

Does anyone else find that dieting tends to take over your life? I think I'm not obsessed with counting the calories in everything! haha

Frightning to see exactly how many calories I was eating though. :eek:

I have the same issue, I'm really obsessive though, I had to force myself to take it slowly and eat a minimum of 1200 a day, I was down at like 600-800 because I kept panicing about running out of calories and ending up hungry!

Now I allow myself naughty foods, but it comes at a sacrifice, yesterday we got a take away, I ended up 400cal over my budget (including exercise cal!) but I'll just cut down the rest of the week.

Hannata said something really good the other day - if you're eating 3500 calories a week under your budget then to gain a pound you need to slip up by 7000 - really puts those little slip ups into perspective.

I don't really understand how I was managing to eat so much any more, I still eat a fair amount, just of different things.. sorbet instead of ice cream, smaller chocolate bars etc. ^.^ Why I love calorie counting!

I hope you do really well, and just take it a day at a time, don't push yourself too hard or you'll fall off the wagon. I almost fell off the wagon last week because my mum was saying about how I should eat less than I am and lost a stone a month >.< ended up getting me really stressed out!

I have the same issue, I'm really obsessive though, I had to force myself to take it slowly and eat a minimum of 1200 a day, I was down at like 600-800 because I kept panicing about running out of calories and ending up hungry!

Now I allow myself naughty foods, but it comes at a sacrifice, yesterday we got a take away, I ended up 400cal over my budget (including exercise cal!) but I'll just cut down the rest of the week.

Hannata said something really good the other day - if you're eating 3500 calories a week under your budget then to gain a pound you need to slip up by 7000 - really puts those little slip ups into perspective.

I don't really understand how I was managing to eat so much any more, I still eat a fair amount, just of different things.. sorbet instead of ice cream, smaller chocolate bars etc. ^.^ Why I love calorie counting!

I hope you do really well, and just take it a day at a time, don't push yourself too hard or you'll fall off the wagon. I almost fell off the wagon last week because my mum was saying about how I should eat less than I am and lost a stone a month >.< ended up getting me really stressed out!

mwahahahaha you know you're awesome when people quote you from other threads =P

I was about to post that but I guess you've taken the words out of my mouth ha ha :D

But yeah 100, 200, even 300 isn't a big deal when its once off. :)

Its really easy to fall into the trap of... oh poo i've eaten 100 cals too many today I might as well eat what I want...

I've been there and done that and the "diet" doesnt last long with that kind of mindset. Just log the calories, and move on to tomorrow. :)

Katiepillow - that was a really great post.

lol ^.^ I liked when you said it, made me feel all good about the chinese takeaway I had yesterday (paying for it today, only had a cuppasoup for lunch)

Depends on lots of things ;) if your just starting your diet and have a lot to lose then you'd shift a stone quite quickly and relatively easily.

I dont think losing a stone in 3 weeks is unhealthy! I know someone who ate very healthy and excercised and still lost a stone within that space of time. I would say its all about how your body will take it! Yes if you have A lot to lose and just started then your more likely to lose alot more in the first couple of weeks due to water retention x Good luck xx

aye the first week is usually water weight! It is possible if you're big and shift weight well, but really I wouldn't be setting myself up a target that at best is unrealistic.. to fall and think feck it and give up!

I had a bad day calorie wise and managed to get through about 3000 calories (1500 on top of my day = 0.5 lbs i won't lose) but I'm not beating myself up about it. I set my week to lose about 1.5lbs, so hopefully I'll get 0.5 or even 1lb if I keep to being good this week =)

Back