Reality dawns!!

jrabbit81

I've just had an unpleasant trip to the doctors! Had to see a different doctor this time to get more of my pill, to be told that although I've lost 7kgs since my last trip to the doctors, my bmi is too high too continue talking the pill I'm on, and she's given me a different one! The risks now out weigh the benefits as I'm a whale!! Obese was the word she used!!! Funny thing is I never really thought omg this is a huge amount of weight to lose until the doctor, took away the pill I've been on for yours and swapped it with a pill for obese women!!! Bit upset if I'm honest! :-(

As unpleasant as it is we all need to be told it straight sometimes . I am sure the doctor was only telling you what you already knew . Good motivation to keep the weight loss going . Next time you have an appointment and step on the scales you can show her how well you can do . X

I think a lot of us decide to lose weight first because we want to fit into skinny jeans, or don't like how we look, but really, our motivation should be our health. I'm trying to keep my weight and fitness under control to keep as healthy as I can; it does pay off, as I get less colds, have more energy, etc. It's hard to face the truth, sorry you are feeling so down, but you have the knowledge and tools (WW) to sort this out, you know you can do it! Your health is important to you and to your family, so getting on top of your weight and losing the 7kg so far is a huge step; congrats on that, and keep up the good work!

Can i be a pain and ask what pill youve been put on, ive been on the same pill since i was 16(now 27) and have been 10stone and 19stone and the have never changed it ....bit worrying

I was on ovranette, and she has now put me on cerazette! Which you take every day with no break! She said cause my bmi was over 35, the risks out weigh the benefits! I've still to finish my old packet before I switch! Hope that helps x

I was on ovranette, and she has now put me on cerazette! Which you take every day with no break! She said cause my bmi was over 35, the risks out weigh the benefits! I've still to finish my old packet before I switch! Hope that helps x
Thats the pill I was put on... I was told to take one tablet a day.. and fell pregnant. I was told by the pregnancy unit at the hospital that my BMI was too high to just be on one tablet and I should be taking two a day. I wouldnt change my son for the world but it might be worth you asking about this. x

Sady said:
Thats the pill I was put on... I was told to take one tablet a day.. and fell pregnant. I was told by the pregnancy unit at the hospital that my BMI was too high to just be on one tablet and I should be taking two a day. I wouldnt change my son for the world but it might be worth you asking about this. x

Can I ask what your bmi was? Xx

Its all about yasmin/yasminelle over here in my parts. Never even heard of cerazette or ovranette LOL!

Be eh... extra careful I guess :p

didn't know your weight effects the pill :eek:
i've always been on microgynon no matter what my weight and there was no suggestions from the doc to change to a different one.

I'm on Cerazette as well - put on it for the same reasons as you. i recall being upset that my pill had to be changed as I was too overweight to stay on the other one.

I much prefer Cerazette to my old pill though.

Can I ask what your bmi was? Xx
It was around 32 at the time. I asked the GP about what the pregnancy unit had told me and she said there was not enough evidence to suggest that 2 pills were needed for a BMI over 30. However, It was a EPAC nurse and two consultants who all told me that I should have been on 2 tablets a day. I guess it needs more investigation really. I have read an awful lot about it on the internet though and it seems a common 'problem'. Also it is good to remember that the pill has only 92% protection. I am seriously considering the implant for it's 99% protection x

didn't know your weight effects the pill :eek:
i've always been on microgynon no matter what my weight and there was no suggestions from the doc to change to a different one.

Same here

Back