Really bored at the gym!

rolo

I knew this would happen and I've only been going 5 weeks. Time is an issue as well as my hours have been increased at work so I only really get a chance to go on my days off or in the evening as soon as hubby gets home.

I'm going to brave swimming tomorrow, I've been putting it off for ages, followed by a sauna. I know it's meant to be a good overall exercise but will it really help with weight loss?

Also I have been thinking about trying running. Obviously a run 1 min walk 1 min type thing to start with but I'm so worried everyone will look and laugh. What if I can't even make it to the end of my road:) This would cut exercise time down as I wouldn't have to drive 3 miles and back to the gym and I could fit it in between leaving work at 1 and picking the kids up at 3.

Any thoughts

Roz x

I know what u mean with the gym being boring, but if u want to go running do it for yourself nobody will laugh and if they do then u just damn well ignore them, u are doing this 4 u hun x just u remember that.....xx

hellooo
it's great you still want to carry on with exercising :D
and you're brave about the swimming i wish i was confident enough to wear a swimming costume, i might drag myself down the pool lol.
anyway swimming is great it's an all over body toner :)
on friday i went for my first jog, it was such hard work, and i did what you describe, running for 1min, walking for 1min. i took some freinds with me and they really helped to motivate me! don't worry about other people looking at you, you're doing it for yourself not them at the end of the day.
good luck in whatever you choose to do!:D

Rolo, if anyone looks and laughs it is because they have nothing better to do with their lives, at least you are trying to better yours, keep up the good work sweetheart, all them people out there that might laugh, mean absolutely nothing to you, and never will thank goodness!!!!

I've just started jogging in preparation for a 10k in October. I found it hard to actually get up, ready and out the house on my own (too many excuses to be made) so i've been going out with my dad. We're doing the run 1 min, walk 1 min, and we're gradually running further and further. I find it much nicer to be outdoors doing something, especially when the weather is nicer.

Thats why i never pay a monthly prescription to gyms i end up getting bored bored bored......dont cancel it just in case i get the urge to go and wham loads of money down the drain!
Sorry that not a helpful reply but i think some gyms screw you a pearler!

Ruthy xxx

I couldn't agree more Ruthy - Gyms work out fairly reasonably if you go regularly, but they know that most people will give up after a few months and yet they tie you into a 12 month contract!

if done properly swimming is a great all rounder. it's burns calories, tones and works all major muscles at the same time.

check this out...
Exercise Calorie Calculator

...it works out how many calories you burn depending on your weight.

Thats why i never pay a monthly prescription to gyms i end up getting bored bored

Ruthy xxx

You don't half make me laugh Ruthy:D Prescription indeed! got to be honest though my dad 62, was prescribed to go to the gym by his doc, due to high BP, albeit one in a council leisure centre... But he got a personal trainer and does'nt pay a penny! He thinks he's great now, my dad, It's my trainer this, my trainer that! I feel like whacking him with his trainers... their never off his feet though LOL

Good for you going in the first place! Do they do classes? Classes changed my life! I need someone there telling me what to do & some of them are hilarious, an hour flies by!

i know what you mean about the gym i hate it but i go swimming instead and it is definitely worth it i love it

Swimming is great exercise. I love swimming but I hate getting changed after as I have arse length hair that takes a week to dry!

I have a pay as you go gym membership for that very reason Ruthy and I have only been twice! I find it too hard to get the motivation to go on my own

:ignore:
Swimming is great exercise. I love swimming but I hate getting changed after as I have arse length hair that takes a week to dry!

I have a pay as you go gym membership for that very reason Ruthy and I have only been twice! I find it too hard to get the motivation to go on my own

pmsl - i read that the first time but missed the word 'length' out! hahaaaaaaaaaaaa :ignore:

I go to a council run gym and it includes swimming and the classes. I tried a couple of classes last year but I didn't like them either. Perhaps i'm phobic about exercise lol. I didn't go swimming in the end as the competiton pool isn't open in the mornings but I might go later this evening. Or if I can face it get my trainers on later and go out for a jog, gulp!

Roz x

HAHAHA just noticed what i wrote! whats the word?
PMSL
Ruthy xxx

Subscription! Der Omg Im So Dim Hahaha

If you can't face jogging why don't you try powerwalking - better for your joints and burns as many calorie

It is great exercise - and once you get into it really enjoyable - especially now the weather's nicer! There are loads of websites if you want more info

Good luck

Carol x

I did'nt realise there was another page to this thread... I posted a subscription reply to ruthy, then realised she had got the answer 5 yrs ago DERRRRRRR!

i have to say i go through phases of exercise, went to the gym for 3 days a week for a few weeks, got bored, was jogging, got boredf, now on wii fit.

I havent been on my x-trainer for weeks now and im dreading going back on but i will. My diet starting today didnt go as planned! oh well. Tomorrow.
Ruthy xxx

Back