really cheesed off....

shell

hates diets
3rd week weigh in and have lost a pathetic pound....as albeit i know a lb is 2 blocks of lard im only on week 3...ive eaten a light meal of chicken and salad all week...so i thought i would have lost a bit more that a meesley pound.....naturally im totally pi***d off....back to 100% ss for me this week....:argh:

on a brighter note i have managed to potty train my little girl in 2 days!!!!!!

Well don the potty training :D

Seriously, an lb is an lb, better than gaining :)

Lots of people find they lose not so much one week and loads the next, so think, maybe next week you'll lose 4/5 lbs :D

There is no physical way you've only lost 1 lb, it'll probably have dropped off by next week :D

Keep at it x

(Oh, I wish I could take my own advice sometimes, haha)

well done on the potty training, you'll save a fortune on nappys and SO much nicer for her!

i had a rubbishy week on week 3 too. not sure why.

maybe you've got some water retention or need a really big poo??
(sorry!!)

fingers crossed for next week you'll have a really big loss.

hope you little girl continues to do well!! x

don't be too dissapointed 1 lb is still 1 lb off! ;)

i9 don't think i have done so well this week either - i have had bars for the first time this week & my ketosis colour on the scale has dropped to trace on the days i've had bars but gone back up to the dark purple when i haven't had a bar!!!

tomorrow's WI will reveal all.

well done on the potty training by the way. :D

xx

awe shell you know it will come off :)

how did you potty train her? i am struggling :( my other daughter was trained by 14 months, this one is 19 months and has no intention of getting on the potty or the toilet :(

Hi Shell - don't worry as everyone says you have good weeks and bad weeks and one pound off is one pound nearer goal. I don't think I am doing very well this week either - so far only 1lb off and I have stuck 100% too and its only Wk2. Keep going and have a good weekxx

awe shell you know it will come off :)

how did you potty train her? i am struggling :( my other daughter was trained by 14 months, this one is 19 months and has no intention of getting on the potty or the toilet :(

she is 2 1\2....i did try when she was 18 months when we were on holiday last year...thought ideal opp when she was running about all day naked .but failed. tried again shortly after her 2nd birthday...failed....i think now the warn weather is here it seemed like the perfect time. i also bought one of those potties that has got a flush and a toilet paper thing on it...it sings songs and claps etc....bit extreme but it has done the trick! i have bought a pottette too from mothercare , its a little portable potty that take everywhere and to be fair she has done brilliantly and gets so excited when she has been !!! dora is here next week so promised to take he to see her and thomas land....bribery i know but heh its worked!!!!xx

big thanks to everyone for your support, just really annoying...iknow ive eaten but ive eaten properly...only chicken and salad...so i rally dont understand....i dont appear to be in ketosis either ....so gonna stick fully to ss this week and see how i get on next week. to be fair i have worn different clothes tis week...and following on from my discussion when jennie, i havent been for a poo in 5 days....so i am literally full of s***!!!! my scales show a greater loss i must admit coz i do it naked with nothing inside me...but on my little green card its just pants!!!!!

Hi Hun,

Please don't be down.....at the moment you are averaging nearly 6lbs a week....that is waaaaay over the 3.5lbs a week quoted!!!!

Chin up

XXXXX

omg you have lost loads!!!! well donexx
i said in a previous thread i think this diet makes you 'greedy' ....greedy to loose weight....i told myself that i needed to loose a stone a month which ive done and over in only 3 weeks ...so next week may be a good one for me...im just concerned that this is it for me so to speak i dont want to only loose a pound a week, i can do that at weightwatchers save a fortune and eat like a human!!!! i need a big loss next week or it will just set me back which i really cant afford to do...i need to loose 4 stone b4 dec.....

Don't lose heart - I had a great loss last week after only 1lb the week before.....sometimes a day or two can make all the difference.

Shelley... I know it's hard when you haven't lost as much as you want, but this poem is just for you this week....

Only One Pound

Hello! Do you know me?
If you don't, you should.
I'm a pound of fat.
And I am the happiest pound of fat
that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds,
five pounds, or fifteen pounds,
but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly,
so that you never seem to notice it.
That is until I've grown to ten, twenty,
thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT,
left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in,
keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
(As if that were such a terrible thing)
For you see, if you do this,
you'll encourage others to keep me around
because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you –
your arms, your legs, your chin,
your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

-Author Unknown

I know exactly what you mean Shell....this is a post from me in week 10:
AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!
I worked my arse off this week....as good as gold and then some....... (rolling around on the floor kick my legs out!!!!)....5+ lts of water a day....gym....walking.....resisting temptation...(spitting my dummy out now!!!)..had a crap day at work today....out at a meeting with a crap client so no chance to drink or have a pack (purple in the face now!!!!)....just had my weigh in and lost....2lbs (WTF!)......WHERE'S MY 4LBS...(my 4lbs THE 4LBS I WANTED )
I know the routine...."its still a loss....better than staying the same...you're doing so well" .....BOLLOX!!!!! (toys flying all over the place)
SSSCCCRRREEEEAMMMM!!!!!!0:

The week after this tantrum I lost 6lbs!!
Sometimes your body will rebel...don't let it win....you can't fail to lose!!
XXXXX

I know exactly what you mean Shell....this is a post from me in week 10:
AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGRRRRRRR!!!!!!
I worked my arse off this week....as good as gold and then some....... (rolling around on the floor kick my legs out!!!!)....5+ lts of water a day....gym....walking.....resisting temptation...(spitting my dummy out now!!!)..had a crap day at work today....out at a meeting with a crap client so no chance to drink or have a pack (purple in the face now!!!!)....just had my weigh in and lost....2lbs (WTF!)......WHERE'S MY 4LBS...(my 4lbs THE 4LBS I WANTED )
I know the routine...."its still a loss....better than staying the same...you're doing so well" .....BOLLOX!!!!! (toys flying all over the place)
SSSCCCRRREEEEAMMMM!!!!!!0:

The week after this tantrum I lost 6lbs!!
Sometimes your body will rebel...don't let it win....you can't fail to lose!!
XXXXX

love it...yes you know where im coming from !!!!!

Shelley... I know it's hard when you haven't lost as much as you want, but this poem is just for you this week....

Only One Pound

Hello! Do you know me?
If you don't, you should.
I'm a pound of fat.
And I am the happiest pound of fat
that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds,
five pounds, or fifteen pounds,
but never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly,
so that you never seem to notice it.
That is until I've grown to ten, twenty,
thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, it's fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT,
left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in,
keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
(As if that were such a terrible thing)
For you see, if you do this,
you'll encourage others to keep me around
because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you –
your arms, your legs, your chin,
your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!
After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

-Author Unknown

you are right...i like this!!!!!
think ill print it and stick it to my fridge!!
sx

A Pound of Fat - It takes 3500 calories in food to put on a pound of fat and it takes 3500 calories of exercise to burn a pound of fat.

So, you should be saying, well done to your body, for burning up this POUND of Fat, as it has worked really hard to do so! xx

http://www.starling-fitness.com/wp-content/uploads/p1010875.jpg

This is 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat!

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/features/health/theskinny/blog/fatblob-thumb.jpg

This happens to be 5lb of fat!

bugger off that is more than a pound?????

just seen this thread.....

a 1lb is a 1lb hun.... don't get disheartened, you'll do great next week x

Love Nas x

Back