Really dedicated, fab results.. Major problem!!!

wannabefitatthirty

I have just entered my 3rd week on diet and amazingly I have lost 1st 11lbs!!!
But I have a real issue :-( ... I have recentely discovered My dad who has oesophagus cancer, isn't going to get better, and I've completely lost my appetite :-( for last 4 days I have managed to force 1 maybe 1 n half shakes down.

This isn't about trying to cut calories, I would love to have the 3 I'm meant to, but if I force it down then I am just sick :-( I feel so rubbish, I keep getting pains in my chest n shortness of breath :-( I don't want to be ill, and I am 100% dedicated to this diet, but I just don't know what to do?!?!!!! I have 5 children, and I am delighted with the weightloss so far
I am thinking it must just be stress n upset causing me to feel this way (I was same with food 5 years ago wen father of my 3 children left me for my best friend) and I lost alot of weight, but now I am scared, I literally functioning on 138cals at moment and I just don't know what to do :-( I feel so weak n dizzy :-(

Please advise,maybe I should see dr :-(

Hello I'm so sorry to hear about your dad I can only imagine how hard this is for you.. Xx

Regarding the diet it's simple either have your shakes or better still come off the diet completely ?? You are feeling weak and dizzy because you are not having your 3 or 4 packets, and might have or be making yourself ill.
Contact your CDC or GP as posting on here really ppl are going to reply with the same answer???

I didn't want to read and not post :) good luck

Hiya hun...I know there are strict rules on a VLCD about getting your packs down and normally I wouldn't make any exceptions, but grief and shock often mean that our appetites and digestive systems do shut down like this. You can either come off the diet (not that you'd be eating much anyway) or keep to it as closely as you can (maybe making sure you're taking some vitamin supplements if you can manage them - but talk to your GP about this). Or try to eat some light simple protein...I'm not trying to keep you on the diet, more thinking about what you might be able to get down you.

Have a chat with a GP, I'm fairly sure they'll just advise you to eat what you can when you feel like it. Your body will ask for food when its ready. It's a terrible terrible shock to the system to have news like this so just do what feels right for you. Usually your body will work out how to feed you when the time is right - if it doesn't, you do need to ask for your GPs help.

What a horrible time for you. Having been in a similar position myself a couple of years ago, we were told my dad had a few days left, I can fully relate to what youre going through. Im not sure what youve been told about your dads time left but during the time we had, and the week or so after it, to be honest my diet was the last thing on my mind. I couldnt eat for days and when I did I was sick. Dont get stressed about your packs. If you think youd cope better having something to eat, do it. Its a horrible time and you need to do whats right for you and whats going to keep you going. When I did eat I went on instinct had what I felt like, which usually wasnt much anyway. These are exceptional times and the usual diet rules cant always apply

Thinking of you x

Thank u for all ur replies...

I just feel that i have done sooo well on is diet, and thtis is only diet ihave ever stuck too, so i am really reluctant to come off of it :-( i just dunno what todo, i feel so rubbish :-( physically and emotionally :-( and i am a childrens entertainer and when im dancing i canhardly catch my breath :-( ihave to take my 11 yr old withme today to show the pary dances cos i just cant :-( but cant cancel cos 1) i cant afford it and 2) i cant bear to let thekids down

Oh sweetheart - just do what you need to do to get through this - you've proved that you are committed...you can come back and do this any time, if you have to give up the packs for any reason, you can come back. It will work for you again because you know that it works - but you need your strength so if you are feeling dizzy or faint and you are not eating food or having all of your packs then you need to ask your GP what you should do. You can run on adrenaline for a short while but that can't last forever. What would happen if you fainted whilst working, eh?

Hi sweetie, my dad had this exact cancer 10 years ago, I truly understand what you're going thru. Please take your focus right now off the diet because it's just another worry that's draining you of energy. Obviously food isn't going to be a problem for you at the moment so do what you need to keep yourself fit enough to manage yourself and your family. Cambridge will still be here when you want to come back at a time when you are more clear headed. Hang in there, stay strong for your kids' sake (and for your own) and together you'll get thru this.

Back