really dont want to on to weigh in

cordwell

like the tittle says i really dont want to go to weigh in tonight. Started 3 weeks ago and although I have stuck to the plan both weeks i have but on weight.

I will just want to go home tonight if i have put on weight again:cry:

Last edited:
If you have put on weight there must be a reason. Has the consultant gone through your food diaries? Have they offered advice?
Do you do EE? Do you follow the "rules"
Hun, if you have gained for 3 weeks then something is very wrong!!!
I hope you get help from your consultant so I would advise not going straight home, take the support!
And....Good Luck.

i hope you have lost,please come and update us however you get on.
theres bound to be a reason for the gain...has your consultant gone through your food diary with you?

if you put your food diary on here we could look through it and check it for you.

Agree with the others, do go to WI. Don't rush off if there is a gain or maintain, speak to your consultant and go through your diary. Could you try and post some of it here? We may spot something that could be causing it.

Stick with it, you've got support from all of us and your consultant! x

I estimated some of the syns for what I was eating and only realised that I was way out on some of them recently.

The slimming world website is really good for checking what you are eating.

You could try taking a weeks food diary and running it through the syn calculator or put it on here and I'm sure we will all lend a hand :)

I really wanted to lave on my 3rd week as I knew I hadn't stuck to the plan, I maintained that week and felt really bad at the time but was happy I went afterwards as it motivated me to carry on. Ask your C for help, that's what their there for after all :)

I have my fingers crossed for you.

yes consultant as looked though food diary and said all is ok. I am on ee and most days I am under the syn countfood diary since sun:

sun
breakfast- 1 shread wheet milk strawberries grapes
dinner- mince very low fat, pasta tomatoes
tea - gammon, potatoes, mangtouts, french beans, cabbage, carrots
yogurt
syn wine 6

mon
breakfast- 1 shread wheet milk strawberries grapes
dinner - gammon- potatoes, beettroot, tomatoes
tea chicken rice, cucumer, yogurt

syn pickle 1
hi fi 6
cooking sauce 3

There is no way you should gain weight eating this amount.
I eat way more than that and lose.
All I can say is that you have to lose at some point - keep going!

Agree with Jaylou. I am eating much more than that. Often having a mid morning snack of fruit & yoghurt and another snack in the arvo.

Are you feeling hungry at all? It could be your body adjusting to the plan, you may need to eat a bit more. Are you filling 1/3 of your plate with veggies/salad?

Do stick with it, hope you get a lovely surprise tonight at WI but if you don't get the result you are hoping for, stay to class and I'm sure people at group will have some suggestions!

Let us know how you get on.

Have you come to SW from another diet? Food replacement, VLCD?

this is the first diet i have been on. Want to lose about 1.1/2 stone

Hmm, then stick at it and hopefully you will have a loss tonight. Don't leave if you haven't, i'd have a good chat with you consultant!

I am still breast fedding ( am older child:eek:) only morning and night. do you think this could effect weight loss?

there is a chance you may not be eating enough (depending on your portion sizes) so your body is storing the fat for energy

i am a great believer in snacking, even if it is just an apple or something synless, just to keep your metabolism going through the day

adding an edit to say that the above may be more so the case as your are breastfeeding

Last edited:
to be honest i dont think you are eating enough!!!
an important small thing is measuring hea and heb so you know they are exact.

go to weigh in...stay,even bring it up in image therapy if you gain,the members of class with have advice etc.
if i was you i would then be spending tonight looking through food diaries on here,i did this when i was new and it really helped see what i could have,get fresh ideas etc.

oh and i do believe you get extra a's if you are breastfeeding?? this may be dependant on age of child though but ask your consultant because they do have a breastfeeding booklet to give you if you need it.
it will work out foryou.

there is a chance you may not be eating enough (depending on your portion sizes) so your body is storing the fat for energy

i am a great believer in snacking, even if it is just an apple or something synless, just to keep your metabolism going through the day

adding an edit to say that the above may be more so the case as your are breastfeeding

yep this post explains what i mean by i dont think you are eating enough.
this is exactly what i do....at least a snack every few hours to keep the metabolism going.

Did you mention to your consultant that you are breastfeeding? You do get extra Healthy extras and are advised to have 10-15 syns so taking all that into account, I would say you should definitely be eating more! Also, syns don't need to be snacky, treat foods. You could use some for an extra portion of cereal and milk or some cheese etc.

Hope all went well tonight.

just reading through your post and youve had some great advice already from everyone and i agree with everything said i dont think your eating enough either maybe you should try having 5 smaller meals each day rather than 3 regular meals so that your metabolism is kept going all day , i really hope you get a loss tonight oh and also sometimes EE doesnt suit people ive read about people here who were having great losses on green or red then switched to EE and they stopped losing! maybe you could try doing green or red for a week and see how your weight loss is then.

Most importantly dont give up xx

hi

Only lost 1 pound so i am still 1.1/2 pounds over what i was when i started. Consultant looked at my diary and said i am eating too many super free foods and not enough free!!.

Now going to try red for a week

Hi,

Well done for getting the loss :)

Reading through everyones posts I think having a red week sounds like a really good idea.

Like they said EE isn't for everyone, I have my fingers crossed that red and green will work for you :D

Back