really dont want to on to weigh in

Ok, first off... it isn't ONLY a pound... it should be "wooohooo a lb!" Because a loss is a loss regardless of the size of it. So well done losing a lb :). That's 1 lb less than last week. I would say eat more to lose more. Eat until you are satisfied, and not the amount you think you 'should' eat. That's the great thing about SW. Do you drink enough? I find when I don't drink enough I seem to slow down on my losses.

Keep going, you're doing great!

Congrats on losing the 1lb!!

Did you mention to your consultant that you are still breastfeeding? There is a special booklet for breastfeeding mums that are following the sw plan and expect there will be some good advice in there for you.

Expect you may need more calories for that reason and you may find green days help you feel fuller and enable you to fill up. Perhaps alternate your days?

Here's some good info that might help re starting out on the SW plan.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...d-advice-new-comers-including-extra-easy.html

Good luck!

Really feel bloated again today and uncomfortable.

Food diary so far red day

breakfast bran flakes milk strawberries
muller light yogurt
dinner ham sandwich ( 2 small wholemeal bread slices)
melon

stomach really swollen again today, what am i doing wrong?

I don't think you are eating enough, as a breastfeeding mum you will be needing more nourishment to convert to milk.
For today, you could have added a couple of snacks, a banana maybe, a mugshot, that kind of thing. The bloating could be due to the high level of wholewheat/bran your menu has.
Also, how much fluid/water are you drinking? High fibre foods need lots of water to get through the system, they bind with water and this makes the bowel work more efficiently.
What do you spend your syns on? Again, syns are needed to keep the metabolism working at optimum speed, not enough and it shuts down.
If in any doubt, it really may be worth contacting your C and getting all the info regarding SW and Breastfeeding.

thank you for your reply. still feel really bad today. sorry cannot go to the toilet even though i have been on medicine!! think i need to see the doctor.

anbody else had really bad constipation on this diet?

Yep. You really arent eating enough, at all. Your body thinks it is starving and converts anything you are eating straight to fat to try and keep your body with some supplies. I know it is hard to get your head around but this is NOT the best way to lose weight using the SW plan. What you have eaten today isnt enough to keep a small child going, let alone a grown woman who is breastfeeding a baby.

In all seriousness, start eating more, a LOT more. You can eat fruit and veg until they come out of your ears, you can eat lean meat till they come out of your ears. You have to disassociate yourself from the idea that dieting = deprivation, or this plan is not going to work for you.

I agree, that seems an awfully small amount to eat and your body will just store it as it goes into starvation mode. I would have piled up that sandwich and had a salad with it, and maybe a yogurt afterwards if I was still hungry.

You definitely need to up your food intake otherwise your body will store the fat and not allow you to lose. The great thing about SW is you can eat until you are satisfied. I never feel hungry because my meals are probably larger than before I started SW, but it is all the right things now. Increasing your fibre intake could help with the constipation too. And as I said before, make sure you are drinking enough, as dehydration will throw your body into starvation mode too. It will also bloat your stomach.

However if you're concerned about the bloating, then go and see your dr, to be safe.

Hun, a few people have asked now if youv told your c that you are breastfeeding but maybe you havnt seen them to reply.

you HAVE to tell her your breast feeding- this plan wont work for you unless you eat the right amount, and more importantly your little one isnt getting the best out of you if you arnt taking care of yourself properly- your eating FAR too little and you HAVE to be eating these EXTRA healthy extras- as mentioned before, she will give you a leaflet saying how many extras HE's you get depending on age of child etc.

Id hate to see you have a bad expierance of sw, and not loose weight because your not doing it properly. Surly you must be hungry only eating this amount also? .. im sure you ate more before you started sw.. and its not a diet.. its a lifestyle change- so unless you wanna starve forever.. i suggest you take a proper look at your book, and have a glance at the mag and see the days eating they suggest as a guidline for the amounts you should be consuming!

xxxxx

As I didn't do SW till after i had finished breast feeding i didn't wanna leave a post until I'd spoken to my friend, hope you don't mind but i showed your posts to her as she is a midwife, she read what you where eating an after she picked her jaw up off the floor so she could talk she agreed with every one else and said you NEED to eat!!! your still breast feeding so you need fluid fluid more fluids followed by food and more food. You are barely eating enough to keep an normal active person going so you are basically starving your self and your body is exhausted!!! therefore holding on to every last little bit of food it can do, this will also be affecting toilet situation too.
she also asked how old the baby was, she said you may be feeling ill/not hungry its time to ween him/her, you may not feel as hungry because your body is telling you, you need less to slow down milk production but at the same time as your not getting enough for a normal person your holding on to it all so you are in a vicious cycle.
i really hope things get better for you
xxx

I did speak to my consultant about my breastfeeding but because my "baby" is old well in fact 4 years:eek: i dont need to eat a different diet.
Not hungrey on this diet but really constipated which i am now sorting so difficult to eat alot.

how much weight have you got to lose? IF you don't have an awful lot of weight to lose then you will find it slower.

Having said all of that - YOU AREN'T EATING ENOUGH and your body is in starvation mode, plus the fact that youre breastfeeding still - your child is taking your nutrients.

As you are also constipated (how long has this been - if since starting SW then you need to up your b's) - go red - plenty of veg and fruit and 2 b's and one a. That should sort you out.

YOU are also not having enough sins - start with 15 syns per day and then cut down.

IF you up your food intake and your syns - you will lose weight - it might take a week or two to adjust again, but you can do this.

BUT YOU DESPERATELY NEED TO EAT MORE ! re read your books that should help you.

All the best.

I did speak to my consultant about my breastfeeding but because my "baby" is old well in fact 4 years:eek: i dont need to eat a different diet.
Not hungrey on this diet but really constipated which i am now sorting so difficult to eat alot.

I know this is a difficult situation for you- but i suspect if you stopped breast feeding (which i think you know by now you really should be) it would benifit your weight loss- because of his age, your not allowed extra healthy extras, but its still taking alot out of you, esp when your not eating enough..

Maybe seek some advise elsewhere on how to go about weening your 4year old off and getting him settled without it whilst you get on with loosing weight :)

hi i know how you feel i am in a similar posiston myself , what i would say is how many syns are you takin on average a day ?i know they say 5-15 but it is finding the right amount of syns for you personally i take up to 10 a day ( 15 at weekends) and this seems to work , if i were you i would take a take 10 and see how you go x

Back