Really fed up with it all

Amina

Hi all,
I am not usually one to write negative messages but tonight I am so fed up! I am annoyed that I can't eat what I want, annoyed that the scales haven't moved for days, annoyed how restricted my lifestyle has been since starting, annoyed that I let myself get this fat to have to do this in the first place, annoyed that I have another two months to go, even annoyed that I haven't been to the loo for three days and am very uncomfortable in my own skin!

I HATE moaning and I am so sorry but have to let it out. Hubbie who is usually so strict with me even offered to go and buy me whatever I wanted to eat but I said no because I know the guilt will make me feel even worse tomorrow.
I don't know how to snap out of this.

Amina xx

Try remembering this is your choice. You are choosing not to eat because you want the weight loss, you want to be slimmer and happier and healthier. It may feel like you are being deprived but the benefits do, or should, outweigh the tough side of Cambridge.

You ARE doing the right thing - have a rant on here but don't feel annoyed with your actions up to now - you haven't given in as you know that you'll be even more angry with yourself tomorrow if you give in now and undo all of the good work so far.
Butch it out now and reap the results later. If you give in to the demons now (and their little voices can be quite persistant) they will have won
stay focussed
xx

Excellent advice so far :)

I could have easily thrown the towel in along the way, but CHOSE not to.

How did you feel being fat? I loathed it. How do you feel seeing a loss on the scales?

Keep that thought in your head how you feel when the scales DO shift down , so worth it isn't it

Good to have a rant though.

Some stages are extra sticky on this diet but you'll get through it x

I know two months may feel like a long time now but think how good you will feel in two months time. If you look at the bigger picture its only a short term sacrifice and thats what counts. Hang in there! You'll feel a lot better in the morning knowing you didn't fold.

Thanks all. Great advice. Just had a soup to take the edge off which has worked I think! I've just got to keep me eyes on the prize so to speak. Just finding it hard the last few days and glad I can rant to someone who undertands! This diet really isn't for the faint hearted is it.

No your right , this diet is hardcore!!! LOL I've always said that

So give yaself a big pat on the back x

Nice you are feeling better. Are you at about the half way point? That's a tough point. The novelty has worn off, the weather is getting warmer and people want to be out and about. That first monkey on your back about feeling fat is probably quiet and you are getting lots of compliments. Focus on a new goal now and you will get there!

I am feeling exactly the same and have been since about thursday..i have been unbearable to be around!! grumpy, short fused! its been awful!! constantly arguing with my partner!! its awful. i dont see this getting any easier and i hate the fact that i cant stop thinking about food and what i would love to eat!! so far i have abstained form it all but im finding it sooooo hard! im not sure i can do this for another 10 weeks!! i keep telling myself .....'nothing tastes as good as feeling thin feels' and i am seeing the results..slowly, but i cant stop thinking/smelling and tasting in my imagination!! when does it get easier?? am very very down right now and so pleased this thread is here as i was worried its juts me!!

the only thing thats getting me through is my deep routed hatred of my arms!!

:(

x x x x

Nice you are feeling better. Are you at about the half way point? That's a tough point. The novelty has worn off, the weather is getting warmer and people want to be out and about. That first monkey on your back about feeling fat is probably quiet and you are getting lots of compliments. Focus on a new goal now and you will get there!

Yes exactly right! Half way through, was loving the weather this weekend and wanted to go sit in a nice pub with lunch and a glass of wine, and indeed the compliments are rife! People even saying I should not lose anymore! Really need to find something else to refocus on you are so right!

Yes exactly right! Half way through, was loving the weather this weekend and wanted to go sit in a nice pub with lunch and a glass of wine, and indeed the compliments are rife! People even saying I should not lose anymore! Really need to find something else to refocus on you are so right!
:D

I am a third timer so know a lot of the tough spots. First three days, week 7/half way point and when I had a stone to go. Plus coming out of ketosis.

Back