Really Miserable

LadyHelen

No Coffee, No Workee
Well, having had a really good week, having followed extra easy to the letter, measured my milk (for the first time ever), weighed all my healthy extras, been within my syns for the week and the whole nine yards, I've put on 1.5lb for the second week in a row. :cry:

Last week I had no problem with it, we went out for Valentine's Day and stuffed ourselves at the local Chinese Buffet, it was understandable. This week it seems completely unfair. :needhug:

I'm now half a pound over where I started, and I just want to cry. I'm the weigh-in lady for my group and I'm not exactly setting a good example. :sigh:

It's so bloody frustrating, because my reaction to an unfair result is invariably to come home and stuff myself with crisps and chocolate in an orgy of misery, which isn't exactly going to help for next week, is it? :break_diet:

As far as I can tell, there are three possible answers to this - either (1) extra easy doesn't work for me, (2) I need to cut my portion sizes down, or (3) my days of getting away with being naughty after weigh in are at an end. I suspect 2 or 3. *sigh*

I've already *done* the being naughty after weigh in again as I've said above, only this time for different reasons.:break_diet:

So the only thing I can do this week is to carry on as I have been doing, sticking to extra easy but making a point of cutting the portion sizes down, trying to only eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full - the last two being the ones I really have a problem with.

Hope you're all having a better day than I am.

Aw, Helen. I really feel for you, as I'm sure everyone on here can.

We have all had those inexplicable weeks when things haven't gone according to plan. I know this doesn't make it any easier, but please know you are not alone.

I agree it may be point 'c'. We have all kidded ourselves that the evening after weigh-in is somehow magically diet free, but it does catch us up in the end!

Remember this is a choice you have made for the better. It WILL work. It could be something as simple as haing something salty to eat and being a bit bloated.

I have lost count of the weeks I have been dissapointed and then surprised a few weeks down the line when my weight loss finally caught up.

I really feel for you, babe
x

I am sorry that you gained this week Huni I really am, but I think that your chinese has caught up with you.
Dont fret though. Stay on plan 100% and as you said yourself stop when you are full rather than stuffed and uncomfortable. Putting your cutlery down inbetween mouthfuls helps as well.
You can do this Huni, so please dont loose heart.

xxx

Please don't despair - i agree about the EE comments though, it didn't work for me and not for a couple of ladies in the group who gained on it (and they are not the type to cheat) but for others it works a treat. Maybe try a red/green week and see what happens?
You shouldn't have to cut portion sizes down though, it kinda defeats the "free food" object.
Just another thought - do you fill your plate with a third superfree? I know it's not compulsary on EE but it may help.
Keep your chin up and stick with the plan chick! x

I know this may sound condecending and it isnt at all meant to be. That was last week and not its gone, go ahead and keep on plan this week and I am sure you will be alright after reading all you very helpful threads.

It is only another week, and if you think of Jade and Wendy Richards.......you should be glad you have another week.

Go for it you can do this, you keep helping all of us, so draw on your strength, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS.:):)

It is only another week, and if you think of Jade and Wendy Richards.......you should be glad you have another week.

I live with an illness which could kill me any time, any day. Believe me when I say that I'm grateful for every moment I have, but it doesn't mean I forfeit my right to whinge when I play by the rules and get no reward!

Thanks for the advice.

Everyone is entitled to have a whinge Huni (its not whinging by the way!). You share the bad times as well as the good. It will help to put things in perspective for you.
As I said earlier, dont loose heart and things will improve.

Take care

Kerry-Ann
xx

I'll echo what the others have said - I think it's catching up with you. And I also think you might be one of those who doesn't get along with EE. We were discussing it in group last night and my consultant made it quite clear that from all her groups, the majority of people who'd tried it maintained or gained and very few had good losses.

Now, I know it's worked for some people here and that's fabulous, but perhaps the original plan is the way forward for you.

Try a red days and green days for a couple of weeks. You could even do success express and see what that does to you.

Chin up! Even though you've seen gains, you've still been putting better 'quality' foods into your body and that's got to do you more good than loads of saturated fats and whanot.

:)

I used to celebrate a good loss (or a gain) after my weigh in thinking that I could start again in the morning and all would be well. Who was I kidding? Only me! Now that I've cut this out I am at last seeing the scales move. I think it depends how young and active you are. In my 20's I could get away with murder. Now I listen to all the young girls saying they've had wine and been to McDonalds and STILL lose weight!:banghead: I know I just can't get away with it. Don't get down Huney, drink lots of water, and make sure you're eating enough and it WILL come off.:grouphugg:

I agree it may be point 'c'. We have all kidded ourselves that the evening after weigh-in is somehow magically diet free, but it does catch us up in the end!

Remember this is a choice you have made for the better. It WILL work. It could be something as simple as haing something salty to eat and being a bit bloated.

I really feel for you, babe x

Thank you for the kind words :)

I think you (and all the other girlies who've said it) are right - the after WI naughtiness is quite possibly catching up with me.

Also what you said there about salty food could well be right. When we sat and thought about it, we realised that we'd eaten bacon 5 days this week, and a very salty variety too! Now I know bacon is ok under the plan, but that amount of salt really isn't - I wonder if I'm retaining water because of it.

Thank you for the "food for thought" :) :thankyou:

I am sorry that you gained this week Huni I really am, but I think that your chinese has caught up with you.
Dont fret though. Stay on plan 100% and as you said yourself stop when you are full rather than stuffed and uncomfortable. Putting your cutlery down inbetween mouthfuls helps as well.
You can do this Huni, so please dont loose heart.

xxx

:thankyou: for the kind words :)

The only eating til I'm full thing is something I know I have to work on - I do tend to just shovel my food in without thinking about it, and then eat too much.

Something else to tackle this week. :)

Please don't despair - i agree about the EE comments though, it didn't work for me and not for a couple of ladies in the group who gained on it (and they are not the type to cheat) but for others it works a treat. Maybe try a red/green week and see what happens?
You shouldn't have to cut portion sizes down though, it kinda defeats the "free food" object.
Just another thought - do you fill your plate with a third superfree? I know it's not compulsary on EE but it may help.
Keep your chin up and stick with the plan chick! x

No, I haven't been doing the one-third-superfree thing - I asked our consultant about it and she said it wasn't essential and that the plan would work without it, so I didn't bother. It might be something to think about this week though.

By cutting portion sizes down, I really meant what I said above about learning to stop when I'm full rather than making massive portions of everything and cleaning my plate regardless.

Thank you :) :thankyou:

Everyone is entitled to have a whinge Huni (its not whinging by the way!). You share the bad times as well as the good. It will help to put things in perspective for you.
As I said earlier, dont loose heart and things will improve.

Thanks Kerry-Ann :) Sometimes having a good whinge/moan is cathartic!

I'll echo what the others have said - I think it's catching up with you. And I also think you might be one of those who doesn't get along with EE. We were discussing it in group last night and my consultant made it quite clear that from all her groups, the majority of people who'd tried it maintained or gained and very few had good losses.

Now, I know it's worked for some people here and that's fabulous, but perhaps the original plan is the way forward for you.

Try a red days and green days for a couple of weeks. You could even do success express and see what that does to you.

Chin up! Even though you've seen gains, you've still been putting better 'quality' foods into your body and that's got to do you more good than loads of saturated fats and whanot.

:)

You're right about the last part - whichever way I look at it, what I'm eating now is still better for me than the crap I was eating before I started SW!

EE seems to be a very mixed bag really - we've got a husband-and-wife couple at our group who've just started recently, and with both of them doing EE, they've lost 20lb between them in a fortnight - so something definitely does work with it. I guess for some people it's just not the right thing - I wonder why it works for some and not for others?

This next week I think I shall really mix it up and do some red, some green and some ee days and see how I get on.

I used to celebrate a good loss (or a gain) after my weigh in thinking that I could start again in the morning and all would be well. Who was I kidding? Only me! Now that I've cut this out I am at last seeing the scales move. I think it depends how young and active you are. In my 20's I could get away with murder. Now I listen to all the young girls saying they've had wine and been to McDonalds and STILL lose weight!:banghead: I know I just can't get away with it. Don't get down Huney, drink lots of water, and make sure you're eating enough and it WILL come off.:grouphugg:

Grrr, it makes you mad, doesn't it? I was listening to that at WI this morning from a couple of the youngsters - "Ooh, how have I lost weight, I've been so naughty!" It almost made me want to give them a good slap! :giggle:

I think we do get away with less as we get older, there's definitely something in that. I think the days of post WI "celebration" are definitely at an end. :(

I agree - I stopped cheating after weigh in and it's helped. Like people said - stick with it 100% (even after weighin) and see how you get on this week.

Don't give up!

xx

Thanks Stacey :) And I think you're right, I've got to stop doing it. Well, it's too late for this week, nothing I can do about it now. :cry:

I'll draw a line in the sand first thing tomorrow and step over it, and just accept that this is a full-time thing, and not something you do 6 days a week!!

The age thing is too true - I did WW in my very early 20s and would stick to my points allowance 6 days a week, but on a Friday night would have pints and pints of lager and usually a pizza and I still lost! I wish I could do that now :(
I am sceptical about the EE plan, it sounds tempting but to be honest I don't think it would work for me so am sticking with Original. maybe you could "budget" for a treat after WI? Then you would still feel like you'd cut loose a bit. Good luck!

The age thing is too true - I did WW in my very early 20s and would stick to my points allowance 6 days a week, but on a Friday night would have pints and pints of lager and usually a pizza and I still lost! I wish I could do that now :(

It's so frustrating - I first started SW when I was 20 and used to get away with no end of things - it was only 8 years ago, but the difference is amazing. To be fair though, I have a heap of medical conditions and medications for them that I didn't have then, so that's probably not helping the issue!

I am sceptical about the EE plan, it sounds tempting but to be honest I don't think it would work for me so am sticking with Original. maybe you could "budget" for a treat after WI? Then you would still feel like you'd cut loose a bit. Good luck!

That's a good plan - perhaps save enough from the couple of days before WI to have a bar of chocolate and a bag of crisps afterwards or something, but all still within my syns. Brilliant idea, thank you! :thankyou:

Back