Really need help..

Curvygirl87

Silver Member
Well im on here for some help, i have yoyo dieted on and off for years with sw and ww and now im
Totally peeved off as i cannot stick to either, i really want to lose weight but i cant stop reachin for things that im 'not allowed' can someone please give me sum top tips where calorie countin is concerned? Xx

My main tip is to not deprive yourself of anything. Obviously to lose weight we all need a lifestyle change to some degree and healthy choices are better but you will go onsane if you deprive yourself. With careful planning you can still indulge in your favourite things. I've lost 20lbs since the end of Feb doing cc and during that time I have had fish and chips, pizza hut, chinese takeaways, choc bars, cakes, beer etc. BUT I have managed to stay within my calories. I tend to do 1200-1300 cals a day and eat back most of my exercise cals. If I know I'm going to have a high calorie day I just up my exercise.

Also if you haven't done so already a great thing to join myfitnesspal.com This will count all your calories for you and work out how many exercise calories you can eat back.

Thanks so much for replyin:) and firstly congrats on ur weight loss that is amazin! Its great that u can have all those foods :) i just tend to feel restricted on sw and ww i get fed up workin out points, i have mfp and have used it on and off but defo gonna use it properly, to lose 1lb a week i get 1580 does that sound2 many? Also do u keep a food diary? Xxx

I think the best thing you can do it plan each day. From today Im even going to plan my snacks and keep them all together so I can just go and pick one up instead of seaching and finding something bad.

My fitness pal is great! I get 1360 calories to lose 1lb but lise an average of 2lb.

Feed your stats in MFP, see what calorie allowance it gives you, eat the foods you love within that allowance and away you go. No food is bad for you in moderation and there is no point being on a plan where you have to eat stuff you hate or the plan doesn't fit in with your lifestyle.

Calories are easy, it's mainly a case of looking on the back of the pack to find out whether you can afford to eat it within your allowance.

Don't worry if you go over your cals one day you can reduce down the next day. I find it helps to take the allowance over a week rather than rigidly sticking to the same amount each day.

Don't feel compelled to eat if you're not hungry but have cals remaining for the day.

Good luck.

Back