Really need my syns

Victoria_30

Hi Ladies,

I just wondered if anyone could help me out re syns. I have my syns weekly (always have and my losses have been fine when I've been 100%) however I do tent to stick to between 70-80 if possible. This week I really need to use my 105 allocation as I have a night out tomorrow which will involve lots of vodka lol. I'm 9st 9lb and 5"2, do you think if I have my max syns I will still see a loss? At the end of the day I'm stick sticking to plan 100% just using my max allocation which in theory is what I'm allowed to havbe anyway.

Appreciate your comments - Thanks!

Having my maximum syns has never hurt me, but then again I weigh a lot more than you. I don't think you'll see a gain, but you might not see as positive a loss as you normally would?

In theory (and this never works in practice...) syns are about 15 calories each, and you're planning an extra 20 on top of what you normally have, which is about 300 calories. As a lb of fat is approx 3500 calories, you shouldn't gain, or even STS (depending on what your usual weekly loss is). And presumably could even walk off the extra (or dance it off if you're out).

Thats the science. But in reality the body isn't a calculator - I ate about 50 syns over my allowance this week, which would be around 750 calories, less than a quarter of a pound, but I gained 1.5lbs.

So who knows? Do you lose consistently every week when you stick to plan? Have fun anyway :)

Ooo thanks for that Mrs Robinson, so far this wk I've had 63, I weigh in Monday so "theoretically" I have 42 to play with. I'm probably not going too use all of them, 5x double vodka and s/l tonic's are 20 syns, can't really see my self having more that 8 maximum which means my total syns for the wk should be 93. I could go onto singles I suppose at 2.5 syns but that's no fun lol. If I stick do plan I almost always see a loss, there's only been one wk when I haven't and to this day I still can't work out what happened?? Other than that they're pretty consistant. I will update this post after WI Monday and let you know the outcome!

I'm 5ft 2in & always allow myself 105 syns per week, I don't always use them but that's the amount I start with. It hasn't affected my weight loss.

And remember it's only 1 weekend so if you do have a gain it's not the end of the world:D

Back