Really starting to wonder if cd, is worth the time and money.

Allblue said:
Yeah I'm not going to ww per see. I'm going to follow a low gi, low fat, low carb diet. I know all about this as I had gestational diabetes, and had a dietician but take with me what I have learnt from ww and cd. Portion sizes, high protein, etc. But I'm going to be using slim and save products and doing my own version of say a step 3-4. Using all the knowledge I have to hand. As I do like the high protein, meal replacement idea, it suits me to some extent.

But my CDC admitting, my losses are slow and aren't the best. I've read that 100x now, just is the final nail for me, he's confirming what I already know.:( No motivation at all now. Thank you x

Ah well best of luck with your new plan :) xx

I know the bars look sooooo good! The 'meals' too look good

You need at least four meals a day on Slim and Save. More if you are especially tall. This is because those meals etc are not as nutritious as Cambridge packs. I think you need veggies too or a small real food meal? Not sure but I know you need a mininimum of four meals every day on S & S and let me tell you they do NOT taste as good, nor are they anywhere near being as satisfying, as Cambridge meals.

Exante meals and bars are around the same price as S & S and they taste way better. Even so all of these are VLCDs so if you aren't losing with CD do you think you will lose faster with these copycat diets? The calories and carbs will be the very same. Good luck!

girlygirl1 said:
You need at least four meals a day on Slim and Save. More if you are especially tall. This is because those meals etc are not as nutritious as Cambridge packs. I think you need veggies too or a small real food meal? Not sure but I know you need a mininimum of four meals every day on S & S and let me tell you they do NOT taste as good, nor are they anywhere near being as satisfying, as Cambridge meals.

Exante meals and bars are around the same price as S & S and they taste way better. Even so all of these are VLCDs so if you aren't losing with CD do you think you will lose faster with these copycat diets? The calories and carbs will be the very same. Good luck!

Yes i have been having three packs and a high protein and veg meal as per the recommendations of s&s with taking multi vitamins too.

I think opinions on what taste better will change from person to person but I personally prefer slim and save now i have tried them!

Think we were talking about cost hence why i suggested slim and save which is cheaper.

That's spot on. I've tried exante before btw, I thought their products were rank, different strokes and that.

My issues were all the sacrifice, and yes cost for no gain at all.

Im really please to have found SS, I'm going to order a trial for next week of 25 items when my cd products run out. Basically vlcds are not working at all for me I don't think full stop. But I do like the idea of nutritious packs that you can have as meal replacements. I'm going to be basically following the equivalent of step 3/4. Using SS packs. Much cheaper. Although I won't stick to the list rigidly. I'll be using my knowledge from ww about foods too.

So truth shall out on Wednesday. As I have been following this, this week. If I lose 2-3lb then I'm happy I would have mabe the right choice for me. For whatever reason my losses on a strict vlcd just aren't good. They were what they were before.

girlygirl1 said:

Sorry but your info on S&S is wrong

You don't need at least four meals and how tall you are makes no difference to what you have. You have either 3 packs and some veggies and protein or you have 4 packs - either shakes/soups/meals. It's not that the packs aren't as nutritious they're just different. You still get all your nutrients if you do the correct packs

I dont think it's very fair to call them 'copycat' diets. They're VLCDs just like CD/LT or any of the other better known ones.

I think you're the exception to the rule in not liking the meals in comparison - everyone else seems to prefer them :). I'd say S&S tastes a hundred times better than Exante :)

For me CD is what I need as I am rubbish at eating 'normal' food. I need to use this time I am on this plan to address my issues. If WW has worked for you then I'd go back to that.

So! Results are in. This week, I've been watching my carbs as I will continue to do, but having them as part of a balanced diet. I was slacking on protein intake before on ww.

So I've stuck to what I know. Eat well, eating in balance, watching portion sizes. Watching the carbs, upping the protein, fruit and veg. I also ate out on the weekend, sensible of course but without worry. I had a small portion of takeaway with the family on Friday, a traditional thing in this house. I had a couple of glasses of wine. See I KNOW from ww, you can treat yourself, you can have these things. As long as its not everyday and it's say, just the weekend and you've ate well all week and you arent binging. Willpower, thankfully has never been a problem for me.

Well......all that, treats, reintroducing food and carbs, you'd expect a gain right? Well on paper I lost 6lb :eek: Now I know my CDC scales were out by 2-3lb which used to really annoy me. So let's say that's a 3lb loss, I checked on my scales and got checked at the health centre. So that extra 3lb is nice but not real as such as I knew CDC scales were out.

Not bad considering I would have gained water this week, 3lb!!! Just goes to show, my body obviously wasn't coping with SS, for some unknown reason!

This is very interesting.... As im feelin like ss doesnt agree with me either?!
3 yrs ago o did the diet and shortly after i was off work for 3mnths wit depression (wasnt sure of the cause at the time) now my weightloss is slowing im always wanting to cheat and im starting to feel low again - headaches etc... Its week 8 wi tomoro and iv lost 2 stone, still another 2 to go but im not copin well with this diet again i dont think......

That's great!

Allblue said:
So! Results are in. This week, I've been watching my carbs as I will continue to do, but having them as part of a balanced diet. I was slacking on protein intake before on ww.

So I've stuck to what I know. Eat well, eating in balance, watching portion sizes. Watching the carbs, upping the protein, fruit and veg. I also ate out on the weekend, sensible of course but without worry. I had a small portion of takeaway with the family on Friday, a traditional thing in this house. I had a couple of glasses of wine. See I KNOW from ww, you can treat yourself, you can have these things. As long as its not everyday and it's say, just the weekend and you've ate well all week and you arent binging. Willpower, thankfully has never been a problem for me.

Well......all that, treats, reintroducing food and carbs, you'd expect a gain right? Well on paper I lost 6lb :eek: Now I know my CDC scales were out by 2-3lb which used to really annoy me. So let's say that's a 3lb loss, I checked on my scales and got checked at the health centre. So that extra 3lb is nice but not real as such as I knew CDC scales were out.

Not bad considering I would have gained water this week, 3lb!!! Just goes to show, my body obviously wasn't coping with SS, for some unknown reason!

Thats great!!! Well done :)

I am drinking over and above my water probably. I know, that I won't ever get my pre baby body back it's ruined. I had 4 children and nearly died, all sections. So I've had emergency surgery and my body is a mess. I just want to be a healthy bmi and slim enough to look ok in clothes. I'm so nearly there and thought cd was the answer but it's just no faster. I may look at slim and save. It's not the money as such. It's just well, you are paying I guess directly for quick results and it's not happening! :cry:
At first I was puzzled why your loss was a little bit slower than you'd like and then I realised you only have 20lbs to go. You're not going to lose weight at the rate of knots when you have so little to go. For one thing your body needs a lot less calories and for another are you being accurate with your food on ss+? oops just saw your update...maybe you were having too little food on ss+?

Back