Really struggling to get back on the wagon :(

JuicyMango

My mojo had been so good, but lots of weekends of events & whatnot & now I am struggling so much to get back on it - I got down to 9st 11lb (goal is 9st 7) but now back up to 10st 3 (& probably more if I go tomorrow).

I think the problem is that, come the weekend, if I eat out, and I can't track it, I just say 'sod it' & stop tracking. Also, we're struggling with money at the mo, but if I stop going now, it'll feel like it's been a complete waste of ££....

Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated xx

I feel your pain....weekends and demon drink ruin it all :-( but enjoy it at the time :)

JaxieD said:
I feel your pain....weekends and demon drink ruin it all :-( but enjoy it at the time :)

Precisely - I know I can make delish meals and within points so WHY do I find it so hard to resist the sodding takeaway menu?!

And I'd been drinking vodka, but I enjoy wine so much, especially a good one at half price :D and I seem to have slipped back into drinking it - I think I need to buy another bottle of voddy in for the weekends...

I think even if you don't know exactly how many points a takeaway is, you can still estimate and record it. I have a points tracker as a simple google docs excel sheet that I can access via the internet on my phone, so even when I'm out and about it's a constant reminder for me.

Just draw a line and start fresh. Look at how far you've come and how close you are! I have the same problem tho when it comes to the odd vodka or the odd glass of wine and there does come a point where you just think "Meh!" and keep going its so easy when its there looking at you. I just haven't bought any, seems to have solved the problem when I'm here at the weekends and the bf has his few beers, I've been alcohol free for two weeks, in the big picture its not too long to go without to get to your goal. As for take aways I cant do without a chinese once a week but just keep it for a treat, I normally have mine on my wi day (after wi) and keep it within my weeklies, or if you're doing any exercising you can count it off AP.

Don't be disheartened! New day, fresh start, brand new wagon!

Definately DONT look back look forward...Start today as a brand new day. You have come too far to blow it all now and you know that you can do. You just have to keep telling yourself if that takeaway really worth it - or if you do have one then make better choice of what you have so you dont miss out completely. As for the drink....just try and point it in.

You are the only one that controls what you eat/drink and if you get that into your head then you will be fine.

Good luck

if you do find yourself having to eat out, just try to make the best choices possible, and avoid saying 'oh sod it'. that way, you can enjoy what you eat, and feel good that you were able to have some self-control whilst still enjoying your treat. xxx

Thanks ladies, you're all so right - ok, today's the day, I WI tonight - where's that wagon?! *Finds wagon, takes a comfy seat* :D

I think if I do a big menu plan for the next 2 weeks, with yummy weekend food planned in, and some low carbing (this really works for me) I'll be OK... I'll keep you posted! Thanks again xxx

JuicyMango said:
I think if I do a big menu plan for the next 2 weeks, with yummy weekend food planned in, and some low carbing (this really works for me) I'll be OK... I'll keep you posted! Thanks again xxx

Great idea! I'm thinking of doing this myself, planning in the treats might mean less chance of a downfall. Your weight loss has been great so far, inspiring for me too so keep it up and enjoy your seat back on the wagon lol :)

Thanks azwe, thats lovely :) Sooo, I lost 2lb! I am in utter disbelief & very motivated :) Off to make some spicy parsnip 1pp soup!

JuicyMango said:
My mojo had been so good, but lots of weekends of events & whatnot & now I am struggling so much to get back on it - I got down to 9st 11lb (goal is 9st 7) but now back up to 10st 3 (& probably more if I go tomorrow).

I think the problem is that, come the weekend, if I eat out, and I can't track it, I just say 'sod it' & stop tracking. Also, we're struggling with money at the mo, but if I stop going now, it'll feel like it's been a complete waste of ££....

Any words of wisdom would be very much appreciated xx

I'm exactly the same as you! Same weight same goal. Same damn problem at weekend!!!!!

Me too! Although I'm 10.6.5lb at the mo. I'll defo put on this week as I had a hectic weekend away. I just can't seem to get myself back on the wagon. Even now, I had my dinner pointed out with a couple to spare for pudding, but I couldn't resist a handful (or two ;-/ ) of my fellas chips he got from the chippy. *sigh*

It's so frustrating sometimes! For months I've been up and down, up and down the same few pounds due to the weekends and the events ive had on..... I wanna get to 9.7lb by September 20th COME ON!!!!!!!

Are you me, Mets? Or you busybee? Maybe we should start a 9st 7-ers support thread, lol!! It really is so much harder to lose these last few lbs, but I maintained that weight for a year up until our wedding last year, then as soon as I didn't have the dress to consider - bam!! - on went a stone, doh!

Do you two have diaries, or do you post your daily menu anywhere?

JuicyMango said:
Are you me, Mets? Or you busybee? Maybe we should start a 9st 7-ers support thread, lol!! It really is so much harder to lose these last few lbs, but I maintained that weight for a year up until our wedding last year, then as soon as I didn't have the dress to consider - bam!! - on went a stone, doh!

Do you two have diaries, or do you post your daily menu anywhere?[/QUOTE

I don't post a diary no. I know I wouldn't be able to keep the diary regular.

I just want to be what I was when I of married 9.7!! It's not a lot to ask!

Why can't I flipin do it?! Lol !!!

Well I'm not married... (yet!) lol

No I've not got a diary posted anywhere.. Maybe we should start a thread up that we can post on to share?

Ive been doing WW since September last year and so far I've lost 21lbs. I'm just stuck at this same weight now for months and I really REALLY want to push past it and get to my mini goal of 10.2lb which will be 15% of my weight. I'm sure that would boost my motivation but it's bloody getting there!!!!! Arrrrgh!!!

Back