Step 1 Sole Source Really struggling with disgustingness of soup

Audrey1983

Hi all,

Glad I found this place. I am a total newbie - just on my first day. Am now starting to panic that I have wasted money as I am on day one and have just puked up the veg soup after forcing down half of it. I am not in the slightest a fussy eater but it just tasted like really watered down flour glue. I had a shake this morning which was a bit lumpy but ok (delightfully delicious compared with soup). Thing is, I got more soups than anything else coz I'm more of a savoury person and thought the flavours sounded quite nice. I am now dreading trying the other flavours and the porridge as I seriously cannot eat them if they taste like that. I am supposed to be on 4 products a day for week 1 - can I cut down to 3 so that at least I only have one soup a day rather than two and can therefore bin 6 of the veg soups?

Sorry, just feeling the enthusiasm wane slightly already :-( but I really want to stick with it as the posts I've read here have been truly inspiring.

Aud

The first few weeks are very much about working out what you like (and can stomach!) I stick to the ready made cartons.

Your consultant should let you swap flavours :)

The first few weeks are very much about working out what you like (and can stomach!) I stick to the ready made cartons.

Your consultant should let you swap flavours :)

Same tetras are way forward worth the extra 10p lol ;-)!!
As Kimbowee said your CDC should swap them mine does :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I only like the tetras, most of the bars and the chilli soup. Everything else makes me want to vomit. Ring your consultant if you cant stomach soups, get them to change them before you give in and eat through desperation. Hope your doing well this evening x

Hi I tend to stick to the tetras too - convenient and can keep them in the fridge so nice and cold. My counsellor lets me swap too so don't bin them!! The golden vegetable flavouring is nice (I don't like the soups either) and makes a nice change from tea and coffee. You can only have one or two a day but it doesn't count as a pack. Def worth a try. My counsellor told me I could drink Coke Zero. Not diet coke/Pepsi etc but just coke zero. I think the difference maybe that it has no citric acid. I have realised that this isn't shared as standard but I have to say it made a huge difference to me - it was a real treat and got me through a lot!! Lots of places don't sell it but I used to sneak it in if I was out somewhere (makes a change from sneaking vodka in my bag!)

With the shakes I blend in a blender or use hand blender with ice! Much nicer cold and lump fee in fact I love shakes plus u can add a bit more water for a bigger meal! Soups again I make sure they r blended but I secretly like the lumps ha! X

I think as others have said you tend to work out which products you like, I tend to stick to a few products, I like the chocolate & vanilla shake, the tomato and chili soup and that tends to be it! when I can have the bars I like some of them too! I always use a blender for my shakes and soups and put lots of ice in the shakes which makes them thick like MacDonalds shakes!

Thanks so much everyone for your replies. I realise actually now that I have posted in the wrong part of the forum but I am on day 3 now and haven't cheated one bit despite the vile horror that is the soup. I have followed your advice and made an appt with my CDC for tomorrow. So far I like the shakes just fine so am going to swap everything for shakes except for the odd pack of porridge in case I crave something a bit more stodgy but am not keen on the porridge either tbh. So how do I join the 100% club?

Also, I would like to know if chewing chewing gum counts. I am guessing it does because of the calories and sweeteners or whatever but I usually chew a lot of sugarfree chewing gum which is a hangover from my smoking days but also because I drink a lot of black coffee and don't want to be a stinky breathed moo. Also does ketosis mean bad breath?

Hiya I started today and didn't mind the shake for breakfast but the soup for lunch made me gag so I'm going to call my CDC and ask if I can change to a few tetras as I haven't got any of them and I have noticed quite a few people seem to like these over anything else. Good luck to everyone x

I used to hate the soups but now I crave oriental chicken one when I fancy food so I just get 3 soups as an emergency savoury fix but yeah tetras all the way x

Back