Really struggling!!!

Safia

Gold Member
Hi everyone for the past week or so i have been off plan and just cant seem to get back on. I have been very stressed due to financial and housing pressures and on top of things my dads gone to Pakistan in an emergency and everything happened so quick that i just panicked and have just binged and binged. Today was weigh in day for me but i just couldnt face class today because i have too much going on in my mind at the moment. Everynight i say i will draw a line under today and start fresh today but i just get myself under so muchtstress and pressure that i binge. I just dont know how to get myself out of this mood :sigh::cry:

Oh Safia, I know its absolutely no help at all but I just wanted to say I'm in a similar position and all the work stress/money problems/stuff that happens sends me binging too. But you can do it :) I seem to focus on facing lifes problems or being on plan, I really need to juggle both !!!! Can you find another class to go to this week ?

((( take care of yourself ))) x

Seriously, take it 1 day at a time. If you binge one day or have something bad, draw a line under it and start again the next day. Try not to think of it by the week at the minute. Think about it a day at a time.

A lot of people would just decide to have a break from it if theyre going through problems like you are. So you should be proud that through everything thats going on, your still sticking to it as much as you can.

i know its frustrating when youve come so far to throw it all away just for the sake of a few binges but be gentle with yourself and dont put too much pressure on yourself. This is 1 part of your life you know you can change. You cant always say that about other thigs. If you binge and put on, its not a major issue. You already know you can get it back off.

:hug99:
x x x x

Heya sweetheart, it is hardly supprising you`re feeling this way with eveything else going on.

Sometimes it is easier said than done .... Try buying a few bits in for your SW evening meals that you know you enjoy ... and also have a good SW breakfast ... don`t be hard on yourself and "flexi syn" yourself through the day ... be kind to yourself and give yourself a few extra treats each day and just use them wisely ... you`ll soon pull those syns back down to the lower amounts through wanting to.

Def go to the next class tho hunny, it will help you focus again, and if you tell your consultant you`ve been feeling a bit low, they may be able to offer some help and advice ... that is what they are there for x x x

:gen126::gen126: Oh hun, don't beat yourself up! It's a difficult time of year anyway. Why don't you just try and maintain for the time being. Go back to week one, allow yourself 105 syns a week and make sure you feel full after every meal. Snack on legal things if you can. It's SO tempting to turn to food when things go wrong, it's a matter of trying to find a substitute, snowball fight? Exercise dvd? Yes I know it's the last thing you feel like doing, but it will get you some happy hormones.

So far so good, woke up at around 6 with the urge to binge but my 10 month old put a stop to it by crying when i left the bedroom so had to go back! So far not had any breakfast but will have some weetabix and strawberries to fill me out xx

Well done so far today hun. I have found in the past that if you manage to go a whole day 100% on plan then you will feel really good and it will motivate you to keep going and being 100%. The first couple of days might be quite hard but then you sort of get on a roll and it starts to come naturally.

Maybe plan some really simple yummy meals that you enjoy, so that way you are looking forward to your next meal and hopefully that will mean you are not too tempted to binge or snack in between.

You are doing really well so don't be too hard on yourself. To lose weight the 'proper' way it will take time and we cant realistically expect to be 100% the whole time. Sometimes life gets in the way a bit and you just have to go with the flow and ride out the rocky patches. Then once you are feeling better and things have sorted themselves out a bit you will be able to focus more on Slimming World.

Aww, don't give up! You're doing so well! I know it's hard when things seem to be going completely wrong, but SW is a marathon, not a sprint, and you will be able to get back on track. To be even trying to keep going when you have so much to deal with is admirable in itself :) Feel free to check my diary if you need reassurance that you're not alone, I've basically had to start from scratch after a disastrous month so I know how you feel! xx

for what its worth here is what i would try if you are still feeling the same....

firstly we all know when we want to binge we dont want to do it with nice healthy food we all want chocolate burgers chips and all the nasty things we no longer have...

What i say is have all of the above but prepare for the possibility by having a load of sw chips in the freezer make up burgers there are recipies on this site in the recipie thread which are delish as for chocolate well we can all cheat on the choc try making up some sw chocolate cake with the recipies in the afore mentioned thread...

ABOVE ALL try and remember that you are not alone and that we are all just a click away....

Good luck :)

there will always be troubles in your life next year they will probably be different ones- aim to go forward positive and think that by next year whats worrying me now won't be an issue but i will have changed is my body- i will be thin and confident and any problem will seem small compared to what it took you to achieve that goal- you can do it- i am 40 next year and agree money, health family all our troubles will seem worse if at 40 i am still fat and lacking in confidence- I have lost a stone so far and my whole outlook has changed, food is not a comfort its a horrible addiction that has dragged us down for years and taken away some of my best years sat on the beach with my kids too fat to get up and play with them, xmas partys sat in the corner, wedding pictures the big one in the smock dress ,you can all relate to situations like this we can all do it! having said that today i am cold and desperate to scoff something yummy but writing this has passed a bit of time- bed soon and tomorrows another day! its weigh day for me!

Back