Really struggling!

Lisaberry

Silver Member
Hi everyone!

I'm struggling at the mo and could really do with some tips/advice. I've done SW successfully in the past and I know exactly what I'm doing but it's just not working.
I really want to do EE rather than red as I always used to because EE is just so much nicer and easier but since joking a couple of weeks ago I have STS the firstweek, lost 1 last week and I think I will put on tonight. Now, I appreciate I have had a meal out both weeks but I have tried to be as good as possible and have really pulled back in the week having salad at lunch and just a small amount of meat and veggies for tea.
To top it off I am back in this silly cycle that I hate where I don't eat anything all day before weigh in. I don't get on the scales until after 5pm so it's a long old day for me.

I'm feeling pretty miserable at the mo. I have 19 pounds to get to target which I know isn't much (I've lost 4 stone already but it's taken ages and ended up doing a vlcd to geta chunk of it off) how can I get myself out of this rut? Any tips for me?

Thanks!

That is great you have done really well so far. I do EE and have done since Jan and have lost 3st 4.5lb but in the last few weeks it has been up and down. I tend to write everything down so that I know exactly what I am eating and I can keep an eye on my syns otherwise I know I would forget. I have a wedding to go to at the weekend so next week I will be doing the Success Express menu so that I can limit the damage the deatils can be found on the slimming world website under recipe and menu's but it is basically filling your plate with 2 thirds superfree and 1 third free. Don't get too disheartened it will start coming off again you just have to get yourself back in the zone which I know is hard when it isn't coming off. Don't give up nad good luck.

Arhh Hun I feel for you, I did slimming world in the past and I didn't work for me then in jan 2012 I joined again and it's clicked and I've lost nearly 2.5 stone!
Congrats on your 4 stone already that's fab, I think it gets harder the less u need to lose! As for starving your self on weigh day, don't do it, I cut back abit but always have breakfast and a light lunch on weigh day mine is 5.30 pm!
Just stick with it I'm sure u will have a good loss this week if you've stuck to the plan! If not then maybe talk to the consultant and maybe do a food diary too!
Let me know how u get on :) good luck x

Thanks. I'll report back later but it won't be good.
It's not like it hasn't 'clicked' I just don't know what is up! Argh!

HI Lisaberry - maybe your cutting back too much and not eating enough? I know it sounds silly but there are loads of threads on here where people have said they don't loose if they don't eat all their syns and do when they start having them again. There is the starvation factor as well if your not eating enough then your body goes into starvation mode and hangs onto everything.

Other than that do a food diary, write everything down. There maybe something your doing that you don't realise, like too many syns, also check all measurements for HEX and check syns.

Good luck and don't get down you've come so far already. Maybe EE just doesnt work for you. x

You're right, EE doesn't work for me but red doesn't work for my happiness if you know what I mean. I got sick of having bolegenese with veg instead of pasta and not being able to have a quick jacket spud at work for lunch if I had no salad at home. Think I'm a bit grumpy that I see people lose loads on EE and SW market it as the easiest way to lose weight....why don't I fit into that mould?
Cripes, I'm a right grumpy moo aren't I? This is what not eating does to me lol!

Why don't you try green days? You could make your bolly out of quorn mince or have meet as HEXB or syns?

I don't do red days just because I like pasta and usually have a jacket for my dinner when at work. I either do EE or green, don't miss the meat at all and I enjoy my 2 A's and B's.

Hey
Well I am the worlds worst dieter and I cannot stick to diets, i tried sw in jan lasted 2 weeks then gave up I am now coming up to my 4th weigh in on saturday and am sticking to sw not so badly.
I have borrowed the 100 days book which has 100 brekkie 100 lunch and 100 dinner ideas in it and its good, also the recipes in the mag keep me going.
I am also addicted to strawberries at the min and can eat loads, I dont miss chocolate as dont really eat it but havin to think before every meal is a pain but it is working- hope I have not jinxed sats weigh in lol, you will be fine. someone told me that you have to be in the right frame of mind before it all clicks and they are right x

I'm not exactly a good dieter either.... Still, third time lucky!

Hi, Hope your weigh in goes well today.

I have done SW several times, the last 2 time I have stuck with EE and had good results (until I left group).

There are several people in my current group who have had great, consistent weight loss (4 stone +) and they (and my consultant) advise members who aren't seeing the results they expected to look back through the book at the foods which are super speed and try and add as many of them to their diet. I also find that if I use my heb for bread I never seem to lose any weight (hence the s/s of my second week) but that might just be me. Also make sure you are eating enough as this has been mentioned quite a lot in my group if members haven't lost and have stuck to plan 100%. It might be that you need to change things up in order to kick start your loss again.

Best of luck.

Thanks everyone for your replies. As expected I put half on :-(

My problems seem to be with eating carbs so green won't be any better for me, I love pasta and spuds soooo much!
I hadn't so much as sniffed bread all week hoping that would help.

I think I will write a full and honest food diary this week and hopefully I will see what's going on. I'm not going to try and blame anything bar myself so I need to find out what I am doing and put it right!

I did green for weeks and lost nothing so moved to red.

Yes it is more difficult to organise - especially as I'm a veggie. But I do tend to use my HEB on pasta and potatoes so usually have one meal a day with a good chunk of carbs so I don't crave them. My breakfast is usually egg based and my lunch a salad with quorn or tofu or eggs (I eat a lot of eggs!) Snacks are hard - being veggie I can t snack on meat and quorn isnt much of a snack food so I usually eat fruit or raw carrot sticks. By doing red I have cut some of the processed crap out of my diet such as mugshots so eating a lot more healthily.

I have given up bread completely and all of tis has led to more losses in two weeks on red than four moths on green!

I am not far from target which also makes it harder but at least I am now moving in the right direction.

I have a food diary - the red veggie

I have shifted to red too and finding its not very handy if you need to choose something when out so if I know I'm out I do EE. I found that my body wasnt coping with los of carbs very well so after cutting back this week I have felt my tummy much flatter and things going a bit better. Still get bloat after eating fruit but not as bad as before as no pasta etc. Was thinking of giving up cos EE wasn't suiting at all. I like having two hexa and hexb too. Some people find a little bit of all three in one week is enough to shake things up a bit.

Back