Really struggling...

Jim Jam

Hi all. I haven't posted on here in aaaages but feel like I need the support right now! So basically I had my little boy back in October and rejoined SW in the new year. I lost steadily and had lost 1st 3lb in total, then our Consultant shut down the 5.30 group that I went to so had to change. I'd also been messing about by then so hadn't been for a couple of weeks. I rejoined at another group and reset my history and bought a 12 week countdown. Im now on week 6 and I've lost 2 measly pounds!!!! I just don't seem to have the motivation at the minute. This weekend I have been so awful and I get weighed tonight :flamingmade: I don't know what I do it but it's a vicious circle. I feel like crap, I eat crap, I feel like crap:( Don't know what the point of this post is really, just needed a rant!

Hey Gemma! Your mind needs to be completely in it hun or there isn't any point (just being honest) after weight in tonight, have a cheat meal (as long as it wont be a cheat week) whilst doing it, get all yo9ur books out and plan for the week.,

planning is key and I assure you, you will feel much better if you know what your eating. You say you've joined a new group.. do you like it there? xx

Hi Gemma! Sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it at the mo. I was the same not so long back, I'd been trying for ages and lost 2lb over 2 months while everyone else was celebrating half stones etc. But the guys and girls on here have really helped me get back on track and much as I maintained this week, I lost 2lb the week before.

@Pineapples92 is right, planning is the key so you don't get caught short, have something bad then feel like you may as well have something else bad cuz the day is gone anyway! What are you eating in a typical day?

Thanks your replies ladies, I really appreciate it! Yes @Pineapples92, I do like the group, in fact I prefer it as it's a bit more intimate than my old group. I have planned my meals for the next week so hoping that will help. I do tend to plan though tbh, my problem is in between meals, normally night time. I've made a big fruit salad to pick on and I'm planning on making onion bhajis/egg custard etc to pick on throughout the week. Thanks for your advice xx

If you struggle throughout the evening, why not try and save your syns throughout the day so you can treat yourself? Some days i wake up and know it will be a struggle so i'll eat free in the day and have a treat in the evening.

One thing I have found recently, is finding people on Instagram, people post things that I didn't know were low syn or free! Theres a few people I follow and I have found new recipes as well. All I do is #slimmingworlduk there are probably loads more that i could do. May be worth a shot, ultimately we are all here to help each other :)
I bought the 12 week planner too and I write everything down even when i have had a bad day. That helps.

let us know if you need anything xx

Sounds like you're getting it back in hand :) I've had a terrible couple of days, the hot weather combined with the bad news we got at work yesterday has thrown me off the wagon big style. How are you getting on this week so far? Sticking to your plan?

Yes thanks, I feel much more in control! It's amazing how just having a couple of days on plan can change your mindset. I've made things to snack on in the evenings which is my downfall. We've got friends round tonight though and oh mentioned getting a Chinese so I don't know what I'll do then. Chinese is my fave food! :mad:
Oh no, it's annoying when things get thrown at us to make us go off plan. I don't know what's happened but one motto I firmly believe in and always seems to come true is 'everything happens for a reason'. You might not see it at the time but it will work out. Hope you're feeling a bit better and can get back in plan when you feel ready xxx

We basically got told that we're all being made redundant in the next year or so, so the atmosphere here is pretty bad! I'm going to try and get back on plan today, yesterday fell by the wayside a bit too, don't expect a loss at all this week! Going to go to zumba tonight, that always makes me feel better.

I'm glad you're back on track though :) I know it's possibly short notice, but the SW sweet and sour chicken recipe is free and really tasty, you could make that for them? Keeps the chinese theme but without the syns!

If I do end up having a Chinese though.. my SW consultant says there's 21 meals in a week. Being off plan for one of them but still being sensible (if not eating to different plate fulls of food) won't hurt you.
I think it's good once in a while to have a cheat... getting back on it is what people find difficult xx

My old consultant always said that if you had 21 red roses (yeah right) would you throw the whole bunch away if one died? I thought it was a very good analogy and I have often reminded myself not to throw away the whole bunch....

I do like that analogy. My day went from bad to worse and I had 2/3 of a packet of chocolate digestives for my lunch. So you've got to be doing better than me!

Hi all. I haven't posted on here in aaaages but feel like I need the support right now! So basically I had my little boy back in October and rejoined SW in the new year. I lost steadily and had lost 1st 3lb in total, then our Consultant shut down the 5.30 group that I went to so had to change. I'd also been messing about by then so hadn't been for a couple of weeks. I rejoined at another group and reset my history and bought a 12 week countdown. Im now on week 6 and I've lost 2 measly pounds!!!! I just don't seem to have the motivation at the minute. This weekend I have been so awful and I get weighed tonight :flamingmade: I don't know what I do it but it's a vicious circle. I feel like crap, I eat crap, I feel like crap:( Don't know what the point of this post is really, just needed a rant!

Hi Gemma. I'm new to everything here. New MiniMins and new SW. Hope you can find your motivation but everyone has good and bad days. I know not much help but just offering my support x

Back