Really upset

I've been doing slimming world for the last 4 weeks and really enjoying the plan, I lost 4lb in my first week, gained 2lb in my 2nd, lost 1lb in my 3rd week and have gained 1lb in my 4th week. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong I have shown my food diaries to my consultant twice and last week she suggested I did an SP week which I did together with upping my exercise (4 x swimming 1x Zumba) my consultant has said that I could have gained muscle from all the exercise as I really feel like I've lost weight this week, problem is I don't want to give up on my exercise and the thought of gaining muscle all the time is really not appealing I want to loose not gain. I'm hoping this week my body just kick starts and I start to loose cos at the moment I'm so low about it all its really getting me down.

x

Hi Danielle that's a shame to here I have always been told muscle does not weigh more that fat so that shouldn't make you gain sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to get used to it in my first four weeks I stayed the same an then gained a pound it is disheartening but I'm sure if you carry on it will sort itself just make sure you eat plenty of fruit an drink water hope you get what you want next weigh in

Make sure your carbohydrate portions (rice, pasta, potatos) aren't really huge - that can stall weight loss. Don't give up, you will crack it and get there. xx

Thanks for all your replies, It's seeing everyone else doing well and I'm stuck with no results that gets me down. I'm keeping a paper food diary and using the online one too just so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. I really don't want to give up so will stick it out for a while longer. x

You say that you feel like you've lost weight - surely that's more important the the number on the scales? If you're feeling healthier and eating better, having enough energy to do that much exercise then something is going right! You might find that you lose inches before you lose pounds. Don't be disheartened - the numbers on the scales will start to fall eventually!

You say that you feel like you've lost weight - surely that's more important the the number on the scales? If you're feeling healthier and eating better, having enough energy to do that much exercise then something is going right! You might find that you lose inches before you lose pounds. Don't be disheartened - the numbers on the scales will start to fall eventually!
I didn't get it when I stayed the same an gained a pound because my jeans were loser but the scales said I hadn't lost weight I don't know if this is possible but some of my friends say your losing it in inches????

Thats why I always recommend that people take measurements. I always do chest, waist, hips, thigh, calf and upper arm.

When i start exercise i gain as my body holds the water to help muscle repair, it normally takes 2-3 weeks for me to start seeing losses again so don't give up x

Back