Really Worried...

jade.xoxo

My next two weigh-ins happen to fall before and after (on Mondays) I'm due on for my period on the Thursday, and I'm really worried what will happen in those WI's, when does everyone else gain (if they do?) before or after their period.

And also is there anything I can do? I have tried really hard the past couple weeks to keep the weight off and I really don't want to gain now...

Many Thanks, Jade xxxx

You may not gain, but if you have stuck to plan and you do, just dont let it bother you. If you start getting wound up about a gain due to water retention, you are going to have a rubbish downer week every single month. Whatever gain you do have is temporary, just say "star week" to your group leader and carry on as you were. You will catch up the following week. It's not fat, it's a normal hormonal fluctuation. It says nothing about how well you have stuck to plan.

Make sure you drink lots of water to help with the water retention (sounds weird, I know). But like the PP's said; there's not much you can do.

Since you asked about gains though; this month (going through it right now...not amused) I gained 5 pounds in fluid and then it was gone 2 days before my period. But sometimes I don't gain at all, other times it sticks around for a few days after.

It is a strange one isn't it :/ and a pain as well! Lol :) Just have to mention to my consultant about it on Monday if the gain crops up (Hopefully it won't).. I'm being extra good this week and doing more Body Magic stuff (going for bronze) which has led to a lot more water so hopefully my body will be one of those that doesn't really have any effect when it's on its period...

I try to drink extra around that time as I retain alot of fluid, nothing more you can really do, everybody is different and so are their results. Good luck! :)

I think it's far more sensible to take a monthly gauge - no pun intended. :D
Although you weigh weekly just note the overall monthly loss which should reflect a more realistic figure outside of any hormonal fluctuations.

Weigh in last saturday was slap bang in the middle of my TOTM and i lost 1lb. If I gain this week its not because of my period...more to do with the day off I had on wednesday. I've gained once while on and that was half a pound, other times I have still lost.

I spoke to my consultant over the phone and they said that its different for any person who is on their TOTM, some are lucky, some aren't, just how it goes..

All you can do is wait and see :) Hopefully you will be fine :)

I put on 5lbs the day after my tm it's devastating but I know it's just water an will be gone the following week :)

Back