reasonable family resorts in spain??

Karen

Serial Foodie!
hello everyone!

Me and my sister have decided to have a getaway with the kids (so not really "getting away" from anything lol) but i dont know where to start.

then i remembered all u lovely miniminers and thought i would ask if anyone can recommend a good family resort in Spain. there will be my 3 kids and my niece. by the time we go they will be aged 10, 9, 8 and 4. I know the spanish r very kid friendly but we want somewhere where we can do loads with the young ones.

my sister is a single parent and so we wanted something reasonably priced. hope u can help.

any suggestions very welcome.

xxxxx

Can I come .......perlease.

We like Majorca, we stayed at all inclusive hotels, jupiter, saturno and marte. Right opposite a water park, 5-10 minute walk to the beach, but hotels have a free coach to the beach if you like......we loved the walk though

ooo nice! is there loads to do with the brats...err i mean kids :) wanted to be able for them to do lots of activities close at hand.

needs to be near the airport or easy to get to as well. sorry to be fussy!!

thanks matey. they wont give us quotes online as we didnt wanna go until sept 2008 and they arent coming back with results for that far off. thats been the case of all the places i have tried so far but maybe if i call them they can quote us.

just had a call from sis...her bf wants to go but wont go without my hubby. Instead of telling him he isnt invited she said he can go if he wants. lol. SO MUCH FOR OUR GIRLIE GETAWAY!! I wouldnt mind but it was her idea to just go with us and the kids.

We went with cosmos, Dan loved the kid clubs, and the playpark, if you look at site it tells you what facilities it has.

great stuff, thanks sonya. i will definately look into that place. much better to get others real families telling u from experience than just having the thomas cook lady telling u whats good or not lol.

u ought to come sonya! we arent gonna go until just after the summer hols finish in 2008. sure we can get permission for kids to have a week off. am no way paying high season prices. gives plenty of time to save up and u will be on the beach in a bikini by then!!!

Hey, just to let u know I also stayed in the Jupiter in Alcudia last year- went with my OH and have to say despite it being a very child orientated complex (which is perfect for you) we still had a lovely time.

It was very cheap too!! All inclusive food was very nice and drink even better- recommend the free cocktails! XX

thats brilliant, thanks wannab. am ringing about it tomorrow :D

nice to think of going away and being slim. have avoided trips abroad in any way possible but have 3 trips in mind now for late this year and next year :D :D

Hi girlies...Im hoping to go with my kids in september.Im taking them out of school:( because I refuse to pay the sky high prices during holiday time.Im looking to go to spain to as its not to long for them on the plane.Cant stick the "Are we there yet" for to long!!
I shall look up some of the place mentioned on here, would love to go All Inclusive,just imagine all that free booze;)

great stuff, thanks sonya. i will definately look into that place. much better to get others real families telling u from experience than just having the thomas cook lady telling u whats good or not lol.

Also we ate nothing but hotel food and not once did any of us have a dodgy belly.

Hey, just to let u know I also stayed in the Jupiter in Alcudia last year- went with my OH and have to say despite it being a very child orientated complex (which is perfect for you) we still had a lovely time.

It was very cheap too!! All inclusive food was very nice and drink even better- recommend the free cocktails! XX

All inclusive is soooo worth it, as from 10 am there is food, ice creams and alcohol on tap all day and its already paid for...It was funny when we sent Dan over to keep getting ice creams he couldnt understand why he didnt have to pay.......bless him. I can show you video clips too if you want to see the place.

ive asked for a brochure and sis has just left. she had a look at the place and we have decided to go there :D

cant book anything as they arent letting us see that far season but hey ho! as long as we have a brochure we can book it later in the year or early next year.

looks like its going to be me, kev, our 3, sis, simon, niece and my parents! mum was here last night when i was chatting to dawn on the fone about it and she demanded to know why we hadnt mentioned it to her and dad.... this girlie trip is turning into a bit of a family mission now lol. so much for a quiet getaway....

Girls dont forget the diet;)
I can assure you I wont be on the LL when I go, to sit there when all that food is free OMG!!
I have no will power:(, just hope they do a aqua aeorobics there!!

I went to spain in 05 with the kids,other half his kids, friends there kids.19 in total, we had a ball, the kids all got on well, but I felt so self concious ?being in a swimming costume??The two other mums, one of which was a good friend, were quite slim, be being a size 24 then in a costume I was really embarrased.

We mainly stayed on site as there was plenty to do, we only went to the beach twice in 10 days....lol.
There are 6 or 7 pools (forgot) The boys loved the shallower pool with the waterfall, I must show you the video.....!

Girls dont forget the diet;)
I can assure you I wont be on the LL when I go, to sit there when all that food is free OMG!!
I have no will power:(, just hope they do a aqua aeorobics there!!

Karen will be at goal weight by then,they aint going until next year.

Back