Reasons for wanting to lose weight?

PrincessD

Hello Everyone

I am just curious why everyone else wants to lose the weight?

Me personally want to lose the weight because I have put on over 8 stones in the last 6 years!

I have now lost over 5 stones since Feb 2009 and still continue to lose the weight. If it weren't for me finding out I have small Gallstones, i would have never changed my eating habits, because of knowing I have gallstones, I don't want them to get bigger as I am petrified of operations, so the doctor said go on a low fat diet and they will not get any bigger....so here I am a year later! lol

Donna x

I want to feel fit and healthy and to feel good in my clothes - and to like what I see in the mirror

hi i feeln nlike ive lost the 'old' me i was 9st4 in Aug 2002 and married in Oct 2003 had babies Jan 2004, Oct 2005,Mar 2007 & June 2009, and have gained over 4 st .
i have an underactive thyroid (luckily controlled now) and with having the babies with not alot of room between to lose gained weight ive found it extremely hard to shift anything except the 1/2 st back on, off, back on etc. so now im done having kids i want to find the old me i want to feel good and look good not spend hours finding something thats looks 'ok' rather than think 'damn missus you look good'
i also have had an issue with my breast (long story) and Dr said i got to lose at minimum of 1 & 1/2 st to put forward a request for surgery.
so i started my journey at Slimming World on the 23rd march weighing in at 14st 3.5lbs,
already got my 1/2st award and am planning to go all the way and get to a healthy 10st . then we'll see where we're at

Oh, several reasons!

I will be 40 next year - I didn't want to be fat n forty!

My knees started to ache - as I work in orthopaedics I know full well that being overweight puts a strain on your joints.

Low self esteem - I just hated being fat, I hated the fact that people felt it ok to pass comment on my size, I hated the fact that I avoided social situations because I felt self conscious about the way I looked plus nothing decent fit me anymore. I have depression anyway and I had to acknowledge to myself that being overweight was only contributing to it. I would look in the mirror and absolutely hate what I saw.

Fitness - I used to be pretty fit (i'm sure people didn't believe me when I told them this!) I had no energy or enthusiasm for anything and wanted to get a decent level of fitness back.

It sounds like our reasons are all pretty similar. I want to loose weight to feel comfy in work clothes, social clothes, clothes in general to be honest. I'm fed up of wanting to go out and then spending hrs thinking and trying on clothes and still unable to decide what to wear and then just settling with the same old trousers and tops...boring... Having lost 3 stone so far with Go Lower, I'm feeling more positive about my body, it still has lumps and bumps in the wrong places, but they are not as big and am beginning to think of new clothes now.

Also diabetes and heart trouble in the family so want to get ahead of the game so to speak and being over weight doesn't do anything to help.

xx

my reasons are that i want to look good in my clothes and not have to make do with how i look..the item i want to wear most and look good in is stockings...so that they sit like on the pictures not roll down my flab...i feel quite shallow for my reasons but ive been fat all my adult life...im 43 and i dont want to always be fat

karen xx

my reasons are that i want to look good in my clothes and not have to make do with how i look..the item i want to wear most and look good in is stockings...so that they sit like on the pictures not roll down my flab...i feel quite shallow for my reasons but ive been fat all my adult life...im 43 and i dont want to always be fat

karen xx

Love your reason Karen, stockings...what a good idea, may invest in a pair or two myself once the weight has gone. Shallow, who cares, as long as we are feeling better about ourselves after this long hard difficult struggle. Also been fat all my life, so know exactly where you are coming from!

Good luck
xx

I've put on around 3 stones since I started university 5 years ago and I want to get somewhere close to my starting weight for graduation as I want to look back on my photos with pride, not disgust. In more general terms, my family suffer with heart issues and I don't want to add to the problem by being overweight - I think it's easier to try to sort out this issue now whilst I'm still young than struggle with it years down the line.

I got married 8 years ago to my now ex husband and i was 24st and in a size 26/28 wedding dress, apart from getting married and having my family with me the day was awful, spoilt because of my weight.
Any way i lost 6stone on my own and then felt i needed help so joined SW, im now engaged and plan to get married in the future but not until i have lost about 4/5 stone so thats why i joined sw, this will be my last marriage!...and want to look and feel fantastic xx

Mine is a confidence issue. I have none and I know it is all down to being overweight. On top of that I see all of the other benefits of weight loss (cheaper clothing, clothes fitting better, feeling fitter because I'm not carrying about 17 stone everyday! Generally being healthier etc.)

I also put weight on whilst at Uni, and now I've got 2 kids, baby fat to loose on top of everything else.

Also love the idea of cheaper clothing and sexy underwear that really does make you look sexy!

lancsgirl, well done on you weight loss, you're doing really well...I've done SW in the past and lost really well on it...then had some family issues, stopped and put everything plus more back on...now I'm doing Go Lower and feel fab...can't wait for the cheap clothes etc..

xx

Back