Reasons why you chose Slimming World

mrs big b said:
So glad I did since I'm now 7st 2.5 lighter and just reached my final target this week . Its been life changing going from a size 22 to a 10 ( some 12's) if feels amazing

Wow! Thats fantastic and sounds like where i started and how far i want to get! How long did it take you? :)

I wanted something more than a diet. Iv lost the same 3+ stone quickly with ww about 6 times over in the last 12 years then always put it back on when the 'diet ends'. I wanted to lose weight why still eating normally and making minor changes to my diet. sw lets me do this. I can still have my treats such as takeaways ect but in moderation. Iv changed choc bars to choc alpen lights.

Don't get me wrong you can eat the same sort of foods on ww but weighing and working out the points for everything gets so depressing - I couldn't see myself counting points forever (even if I did have fab weight loss).

I wish I had know about ee sooner as the red/green days put me off as felt too restrictive. Im losing slowly with this plan so hopefully I can keep the weight off this time.

I chose it after following rosemary Conley low fat diet for years. Lost over four stone on it but put most back on as it was so limited in the. About you could eat and required a lot of counting cals etc. I was hungry do much that sw seemed like a better idea as there's always something you can eat. Only been going for just over four weeks and have lost 7.5 lbs but really don't feel like I'm dieting so am hoping I can keep going long term on it!

Mrs Big B,

Wow. You're an inspiration!

I joined SW on Thursday after my sister told me a week ago that she has been going for 3 weeks, and she really enjoys it and is losing weight.

Its funny because every Thursday since January I've been driving home from work, and passing the sign for SW at the local school. I kept promising to myself that this would be the week I would Join and never did.

So this week I plucked up the courage and went, and to be quite honest I'm not sure why I was scared. Yes, I am one of the larger ladies in the group, but the SW leader has lost 8 stone herself, and another member celebrated losing 11stone 3lb on the night I went.

The £4.95 that I will spend at SW is worth it, I'm finally getting out and meeting new people. My life has been static for far too long, this is my year to finally do something about this weight.

Today I've ate loads of fruit/veg/salad/lean meat and did'nt have space to fit any syns in.

I'm so glad to be joining your team. The next hurdle for me is to start exercising.

Good luck to all of you on the SW Journey.

Auntbam;)

Last edited:
Easy to cook meals for me and the baby :)

Need to lose weight

Like the club atmosphere

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

For me the prospect of SW excited me (and still does!). I get to cook most days and enjoy doing so. My Mum did so well on SW so she is my inspiration. This is my 3rd time doing SW and I know it works. My issue is falling off the SW wagon after a holiday so I am going to try my best to not let this happen this time around. I tried WW and lasted about two months, I was so hungry and weighing almost everything felt so time consuming.

I chose SW because it suits me and my lifestyle, its really ignited my passion for cooking again and Im really conscious of what I'm putting into my body .

Also its guilt free eating, I cook whatever I want to eat in a SW way and its delicious

Also as I have done SW before I know the support you get from others is amazing, im doing it from home this time and its working just as well as going to class. Ive lost 2st 2 since Jan 1st and I know i've still got another 7 to go but I will get there

i love having a sandwich with a whole tin of corned beef on.in the old days you could do that free on a red day.Used to fill me rite up.(greedy i know but luvly)

I lost about a stone and a half on WeightWatchers and then I got pregnant and had my son. I went back to WeightWatchers and really struggled with it that time around. Then the new ProPoints plan came in and I saw that you now had to 'point' herbs and spices. I remember thinking 'Fudge that' and left.

It took me a while to find Slimming World as I'd heard all the usual myths about how you can eat a whole chicken and lose weight and it didn't strike me as healthy. Then I joined and realised how brilliant it was.

I wouldn't do anything else now. I had early breast cancer (thankfully it didn't spread) and I'm still undergoing treatment for it as I'm only in my twenties, so they're treating it aggressively with the full works. My oncologist is happy for me to follow Slimming World as she knows it's just healthy eating - that, for me speaks volumes.

I love cooking, I love the flexibility I have with Slimming World and I love that my whole family can eat the meals.

I chose slimming world because I was fed up of WW not working for me, although WW was cheaper, I'd lost 5lbs in 10 months, I was always hungry and I didn't like their recipes. A few of the girls at work were doing it and one of them had lost a couple of stone and looked fab. Reading into it I figured I may as well spend the extra to see if it did me any good, rather than stay in the rut I was already in. I cook from scratch a lot so I've enjoyed doing a lot of the recipes. Some have been disappointing, but the vast majority have been v. tasty! SW has got to be doing some good as I'm so determined to bulk out my dinners I've been eating mushrooms and beans (practically pureed) to get some goodness in me. I like how it seems to encourage balance more than WW (the only other diet I've tried), I've certainly curbed how much bread/biccies I have and upped the veg more than last time.

For me, I'm a 19 year old student, so I needed a ninja diet, something that wouldn't show people I'm on a diet, but at the same time let me lose weight. Also, without having to calorie count, I only needed to work syns out.

I also ENJOY the fact that since starting my diet, I've also drank a lot more water, ate a lot more fruit and veg and cut out so much chocolate, sugar and sweets out my diet. It's not just made me lose weight, but it's made me healthier and the more and more I lose, the happier I get.

I joined SW just over a year ago because there was a meeting about 3 minutes walk from my house and I'd been walking home from work and seeing that banner tied outside the building for about 5 or 6 months and thinking maybe

I'd lost just under 50lbs on WW about 8 years before but had basically lost the plot with all the counting and things and went way off plan and eventually put all the weight back on again. And I was "happy" fat for years. I've always been fat - apart from that halcyon year when I grew 6inches at 14 and the weight fell off - and I've mostly been obese and after that sojourn with WW I basically figured that I was just destined always to be fat; I knew the maths, I knew what foods were healthy, I just couldn't stick to them... some people are addicted to booze or gambling or smoking, but they can totally give them up. I was addicted to food and you can't give that up so why try, right? (and I couldn't afford to go the meal replacement route, because of excuses).

So, anyway, on the 11th of january 2011 I just decided why not. I still, to this day, don't know why that day was different and I don't know where I'd be now if the meeting had been WW again or scottish slimmers or whatever, but I went in, was made to feel really welcome (my consultant is lovely and funny and the atmosphere is really good as a result) and the plan made sense - and I came on here and read all the SW introduction threads, too, which really cemented the simple principles that SW is based on in a way that really make sense in my science-brain and my head was in the right place to do it - I was in the zone.

And the beauty of SW has been that, because the basic sciencey-principles (fill up on healthy fruit and veg, back bone with healthy lean mean and carbs, get enough fibre and calcium, have a little fun stuff in moderation) make sense and aren't complicated (and are presented in an easy to follow, easy to keep track of, format) I can still stay more or less on plan - I can mark time as it were, and pretty much sts and not go spiraling back to eating the way I was before - until I'm in the zone to lose weight again. The core principle of the plan, for me, is that it's not really a diet, it's just how to eat like a grown up, so there's not a wagon for me to fall of (unlike point counting, etc, which did my head in after a few months).

Im just posting so I can come back later and read the whole thread. I love slimming world I have lost 7 stone in the past with slimming world and intend to lose even more. I remember those good old days of free meatballs,Macaroni cheese and corned beef lol

xxx

I joined years ago because I kept meeting people who'd had success with SW. I loved it straight away & had consistent weight losses. I've never tried another diet, and keep coming back to SW whenever I think I've drifted (like now). I know it works, simply.

And I remember macaroni cheese, and also the corned beef quiche. I loved them both - I miss them, how bad can they be.....

I first went to Slimming World on the recomendation of a friend after failing at so many other diets including Weight Watchers.

The things that made me stay are the fact that you never have to go hungry and that you don't have to weigh and calculate every little thing you eat. I still can't quite believe it works but it does!

I tried WW several times, and put ON weight! Was told I wasn't eating enough (without being asked what I did eat), I became overly obsessed with food, what am I allowed? How much is that? SW is easier!
Also I've got a huge appetite, and because of childhood issues, hunger is a big no no, which I'm learning to deal with. So SW avoids the panicky feeling. I love that I can eat till I'm full not a prescribed amount!

I chose it because - I need to be at a group - there's no way I could do it on my own, I can eat lots and lots and not go hungry, and since EE was introduced it's meals that the whole family can share ! I have tried WW in the past and ended up using my points by lunchtime lol. I love cooking and find that most recipes can be adapted to SW's EE with a bit of nipping and tweaking. x

Don't have to really think about what i'm eating, i can eat what i want as long as I syn it if its naughty. I don't have to feel deprived of my chocolate.

Back