Reassurance and Advice, but I know what I am gonna do

Scotsmist

Life is not a Rehersal!
Ok,,,,I went to my boss' house tonight, well, I have two bosses (they are brothers) but I only see one of them once a week as they have offices elsewhere.

I havent seen this boss since Christmas and he can be very arrogant, but I have got used to him and I actually really like him. I can be upfront and honest with him.

WEll, a side issue, but he said I was half the person, said I looked fab..but then he ignored me and my husband. Again, I am used to that, as he is a very successful businessman and was on his blackberry and very busy. I was playing with his kids and my husband was doing some IT for his wife.

Anyway, I come onto the forum about one hour ago and then decided to check my work emails.

This is what he says.

Hi

Nice to see you and t*** today.

Sorry if I was rude. I didn't mean to come across as I was ignoring you both.

I had been out all day (not sciving and bunking off work!!!!) And had catch up problems at work and had to sort via email.

You looked very well and haven't lost your bubbly personality.

It would be nice to go to altrincham for dinner in next few days.
I'm not travelling until the 15th.

Are you free thusday nite (tonight)? What nights does tunc pick you up?
We can go straight from work and try the new indian around the corner??

Again apologies iris, but you know what I'm like.

Bobby

Now, isnt that sweet!!!! But, now I panic...he hasnt asked me out for lunch or dinner for years as we just dont see each other.....I almost caved in and said to my husband I think I should go. But, he said no, you need to re-feed properly!
So, I am going to email him tomorrow and thank him for his email, but decline his offer but ask him to postpone it.

I know this is the right thing to do....do you agree??

But I must admit I feel good and have had so many lovely comments today from people as I was wearing white skinny jeans and a tight black top..oh, isnt it good getting fitter!

Absolutely!!! Yes, a hundred times. STick with your goals - as you know, lunch/dinner will be waiting for you when you've got where you want to go.

Stay strong ;)

Brilliant to get all the compliments - well done you.

Well you know my answer, call him and explain about your proper refeeding and tell him you would love to accept his offer after your refeed. Enjoy it when it comes around.

Absolutely!!! Yes, a hundred times. STick with your goals - as you know, lunch/dinner will be waiting for you when you've got where you want to go.
Stay strong ;)

Thanks Elle,,,it is like someone is saying,..haha..I am gonna get her to eat..hahahahahhaahahaha....but, I aint gonna give in, as much as it sounds so nice!

Brilliant to get all the compliments - well done you.

Well you know my answer, call him and explain about your proper refeeding and tell him you would love to accept his offer after your refeed. Enjoy it when it comes around.

Oh, just remembered anyway, I am at the hairdressers tomorrow night!!!!! But, I still wouldnt go anyway.

Yes I will do....I can be honest with him and he knows I have not eaten in 11 weeks, he has just forgotten I suppose.

It is a test in some ways, but it is important I finish this part of my journey or it was all in vain...I realise that, but it is good to have these types of challenges..just different to what I am used to!

Well done,you sound really strong(which is why you've got so far)
and good on your hubby for supporting you.
I bet you feel really chuffed with the compliments and rightly so.
Keep going and when you do go out for that meal you'll be in a size 12 :)

ah wasnt that lovely! u must feel fantastic, i agree with the others tell him u will again :)

Hi,
like you told me!!!!!!!
stick to the diet PROPERLY, being with friends is more important than eating with them.
I know he is your boss not your friend but he should still appreciate the effort / dedication this diet is taking and be impressed with your motivation to finish it and the fact that you are fitter (to work for him!).
So be honest with him, explain that you can meet for coffee and a chat or delay till you have finished refeeding properly.
Last time I was on Lipotrim I refeeded properly and lost a further 1 and 1/2 stone!
I have only put the weight back on because of emotional problems (ovarian Tumour, husband nearly died etc etc etc).
Do it properly and you will be proud of yourself for 'standing up' and 'being counted'.
xxxxxxx

Well done,you sound really strong(which is why you've got so far)
and good on your hubby for supporting you.
I bet you feel really chuffed with the compliments and rightly so.
Keep going and when you do go out for that meal you'll be in a size 12 :)

Thanks Slim
dont know where the strength has come from, other than being sick fed up fat and my destiny is in my hands, no one elses...

Yes, I agree ;-)!

UPDATE!!

Sent the email to Bobby about 15 mins ago and said we need to postpone..not heard a reply, but I feel good! Gosh, that was a close one, but I know I wouldnt have been able to go and eat anyway.

Like my husband said, no point going there just to drink. The whole purpose was for him to treat me (he is like that), and he would not be comfortable with just a drink, which I fully appreciate.

So, at least I have something to look forward to. I have said September, but this is getting into the silly season for them as they are retailers and from Aug to Christmas is mad busy, so I reckon it wont happen till quite late on, which I am VERY happy about.

Thanks everyone, and yes, Acom....there are times when you have to remembery what you have said to others..last thing I would want to become is two faced and tell one person one thing and then go and do the opposite ;-)!!!!

Reading your post i agree with the others, stick to your guns, and get used to all the attention you will be getting now, sounds to me like your boss probably was going to use you as arm candy!!(and i mean this as a compliment and do not wish to come accross as seedy)

Reading your post i agree with the others, stick to your guns, and get used to all the attention you will be getting now, sounds to me like your boss probably was going to use you as arm candy!!(and i mean this as a compliment and do not wish to come accross as seedy)

hahaah - oh, if only,,,his wife is absolutely stunning, but boy, I do take that as a compliment :)!!!!!!! And not the wrong way ;-)...

FURTHER UPDATE

Boss has just emailed and understands and told me to remind him about our meal in September!

Another challenge over and done with - phew!

I havnt read all the replies scots, just your first post so sorry if im repeating but stick to you guns. Decline politley and ask him to rearrange untill you have finished refeed. You have come so far and dont wana be messing it up by a dinner with the boss do ya!:) x

I havnt read all the replies scots, just your first post so sorry if im repeating but stick to you guns. Decline politley and ask him to rearrange untill you have finished refeed. You have come so far and dont wana be messing it up by a dinner with the boss do ya!:) x

Ah, Tanya too late ;-) (just joking)!! Yes, I did just that, and he was fine with it, although did say I didnt need to be starving myself..which was lovely! we are going to rearrange for Sept, but to be honest I wil postpone again as after hols I want to get back on TFR until I get to either 10 or 9stone...so, he will have to wait a while longer ;-)

But, thanks for your reply sweetie.....

Aw thats sweet of him! :) x

He is lovely really..I have two incredible bosses....they dont say much, but I know they value and appreciate me very much as do the whole family that I look after.

Just makes life easy and I love the job! Thankfully :)!!

Back