Reassurance/Help needed... 810 (Step 2) with excersize and weight loss stopped :-(

Sarahdramateacher

Hello!! I wondered if anyone can help me... Iv tried to be really positive recently on here, however I'm struggling to stay positive with the scales going against me!! :-(

I have been on Cambridge diet since October and have lost 4 stone 7lb and am really pleased with the weightless don't get me wrong, but I am wanting to loose just that bit more (8lbish)

However....

I have been on Step 2 Cambrdige (810) for 7 weeks and for the first 4 weeks I lost 2lb consistently... And then I introduced working out (interval training for 30 minutes a day with one day off) and since this point my weight loss has stopped and ive stayed the same.

Im devastated as I'm working so hard to tone and continue loosing that it doesn't feel fair that im
not loosing even though I'm working harder :-(

Im religiously sticking to 810 and dont let anything else pass my mouth, with the intention of loosin some more, and I was sure that adding excersize would boost my weight loss further.

If someone could help me and encourage me and maybe someone who experienced the same tell me what's going on or if I will loose any more... I'd be so grateful!

Right now (on top of stress from house buying/wedding planning/new teaching job) I feel like giving up!!

So grateful for any help - as I'm at the point of wanting to give in :-(

Muscle doesnt weigh more than fat, 1lb of fat weighs the same as 1lb of muscle. And no it isnt possible for fat to turn to muscle HOWEVER muscles retain water when healing so if may be something to do with this. I didnt realise this but apparently its true.
Congrats on loss so far!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So, have you not lost anything in 3 weeks? Not even a pound? :hug99:

I know slow weight loss is frustrating. But you're already a healthy weight, so weight loss is going to be a lot slower now. You may even find that you need a few more calories now that you're exercising. Sounds counter-intuitive I know, but exercise + pretty low calories doesn't always = faster weight loss.

What does your CWPC say? Has she said anything about you moving up the plans?

It may be to do with stress? Someone told me stressing can equal to eating a bag of crisp (without the joy!) it releases something in your body or something!

Xx

Do you measure inches as well as lbs? I bet your inches have decreased in last few weeks even if lbs haven't!

Hi there Sarahdramateacher...Based on what I know...there are a couple of things I suggest you tweak:

1. Cut down the interval training to 3 times a week.
2. On the remaining off days, try and do some low intensity cardio like walking
3. Don't get too stressed

When you do interval 6 days a week, you are creating a very stressful environment for your body as you are eating very few calories and you have very little fat to lose...So the body reacts by doing everything it can to hold onto that remaining fat. Since you plan to stick to 810, the best way to ensure weight loss while doing intervals is to cut down on the frequency to 2-3 times per week. Also drink lots of water to avoid water retention which could also be another reason why the scale shows no loss.

But I do think that if you check your body fat percentage, it will have reduced. The scale is not the only indicator that you have lost body fat.
You could also go by the way your clothes fit.

And lastly, do not stress. This results in the production of a hormone cortisol, which definitely slows down weight loss!

Hope this is of some help to you! While I am no fitness expert, I have read up a lot on this and am quite familiar with the way intervals work in the whole equation of fat loss. Just follow the tips above.I'm sure the scale will start moving again.:)

hey hun, just to add to the muscle vs fat debate, they do weigh the same BUT they present differently, i.e. 3lbs of fat has a larger (and lumpier!) mass than lean muscle. try to imagine a plate full of lumpy mash potato - thats your 3lbs of fat, its wider, lumpier and takes up more room than say a chicken fillet which is smoother, more compact and takes up considerably less room - thats your 3lbs of muscle so the fat in your body would make your stomach expand whereas the muscle would give it a more lean look even though the weight is the same. so although the scales are not moving, you may have burned off your mashed potato (fat) but built up your chicken fillet (muscle)! so the scales say the same but your body shape will begin to change as you become more lean and toned. hope this helps you understand the muscle/fat thing but just means the scales are not always your friend. take your measurements monthly and try on an item of clothing every few weeks to see the difference in your shape. this will help you to stay focused :) good luck xx

Thank you everyone for your supportive comments and information.

I haven't been measuring no, but I may swap to meassurements instead of weighing as its just so demotivating knowing that I'm having so few calories and not having gone off the camridge guide AT ALL (despite my very specific craving for a cadburys Creme egg!!).

Interesting about the stress related weight gain - currently buying a house and in the process of moving so maybe that could be something to do with it as well.

These posts have really encouraged me to continue even though it is demotivating. Do you think in a few weeks, when my body stars getting used to excersizing I will start loosing on the scales again?

Has anyone else had a similar situation?

I will definitely up my water intake even more just to keep trying to push at those scales. I do know that my body has less fat on it, and I know weight loss would slow down but I just didn't want it to completely stop as I am trying so hard to keep loosing and get more pounds off.

Any more help/reassurance/personal stories are immensely appreciated!!

Xx

Back