Recipe for meals

rachey1991

Hi me and my mum have started dieting (again) and we seem to find things to eat for breakfast and lunch but we seem to struggle for tea because i hate mushrooms but my mum loves them and i was wondering if anyone knows any recipes that go well with mushrooms AND without :eek: thanks! xox

Hi,

One of my fave SW-friendly recipes is risotto carbonara. No mushrooms in recipe but i've added some in myself, and you could prob add in cooked mushrooms at the very end (so just to your mum's portion).

Recipe:
Fry 1 onion in fry light until softened
Add 160g bacon (so 1 Hexb on green day per portion)
Fry until cooked
Add 225mL risotto rice and stir until grains are coated
Transfer to oven-proof dish and add 725mL hot stock (veg or chicken)
Stir, then bake in oven (150C) for about 20min or until rice is tender
When cooked, whisk 2 eggs with 2 large spoons or fat free yogurt (or fromage frais) and 56g of grated cheese (i just norm use chedder). Stir this through the risotto. At this point you could then add mushrooms to half.

On a green day is free, using 1 hexb and 1 hexa per serving.
Guess also free on ee using one hexa? (i never do ee!)

It is really filling and yummy, i find the portions very generous.

Guess you could also make a carbonara sauce for pasta (using egg / egg yolk, fat free yogurt / fromage frais, and cheese) and add mushrooms to half.

You could also try making SW-friendly pizza - *honey has a great recipe - and add mushrooms to your mum's but not your.

If you make things like stews, casseroles, bolognase, or chilli, then you could fry some mushrooms and add them in to your mum's at the very end.

Hope this gives you a few ideas.

Good look with it all!!

xx

Back