Recipe site that I love

sillykitten

Howdily ho neighbourino's!

Just wanted to throw a link up here, some really nice recipes, some (not all) recipes include ingredients that are american and I cant get them here. All the recipes have points plus (american pro points i think) and the nutritional values so you can double check. And pretty much everything looks yummy!

Ginas Skinny Recipes

Thanks for the link Kitten, will check it out, new recipes are always welcome. I find the american recipe sites difficult too, why can't they weigh in grams instead of 'cups'? I am looking for a WW friendly recipe for banana muffins or banana bread at the moment.

I already use this site Kitten it's fab I love the Asian Turkey meatballs yummmy. x

Thanks for the link Kitten, will check it out, new recipes are always welcome. I find the american recipe sites difficult too, why can't they weigh in grams instead of 'cups'? I am looking for a WW friendly recipe for banana muffins or banana bread at the moment.

Banana bread - yum. Theres a recipe int he WW Seriously Satisfying cook book. I can copy it for you if you want? xx

An American cup is approx 8 ozs, an American pint is 16 ozs, a stick of butter is 4ozs (they are individually wrapped in 2s or 4s for 1/2lbs and lbs!

Emma I would be very grateful if you could post the banana bread recipe, I love banana bread too and fancy doing a bit of baking. Thanks a million :)

With the cups and things I wrote up a conversion months ago because I kept having to google it, its on the inside of my press for new recipes but for any recipes that I use all the time I convert them and save them in a word file, saves me having to work it out every time. But I only bother converting for baking, anything other than that I just eye ball it and it normally works out alright.

I love the meat balls too, asian glazed drumsticks are next on my "to munch" list :)

While on the topic of recipes and cooking, if any one bakes how do you work out the points? Like for flour and things?

sillykitten said:
While on the topic of recipes and cooking, if any one bakes how do you work out the points? Like for flour and things?

If you use esource, you can calculate the points for the whole recipe by putting in the weight of the flour/sugar/eggs/butter etc, and then divide the points by the number of slices :)

Thanks for this hon - looks great!! :)

Emma I would be very grateful if you could post the banana bread recipe, I love banana bread too and fancy doing a bit of baking. Thanks a million :)

Here you go Ellen banana loaf recipe. I've made it & its yum & freezes well too.

Banana Loaf

ProPoints
42 for recipe
4 per slice

20 mins prep; 1 hr cooking

Freezable

Low fat cooking spray
400g (14 oz) bananas
Finely grated zest & juice of a lime
200g (7 oz) wholemeal or white self raising flour
½ teaspoon mixed spice
75g (2 ¾ oz) low fat spread
110g (4 oz) light brown sugar
2 eggs beaten
½ teaspoon runny honey

You will need 900g (2lb) loaf tin; non stick baking parchment

Preheat oven to gas mark 4 / 180°C/fan-oven 160°C
Line base of loaf tin with baking parchment & spray with the cooking spray.

Mash bananas with lime zest & juice & set aside. Sift flour & spice into a mixing bowl & rub in the low fat spread with fingers until well combined. Stir in sugar.

Stir the banana mixture & the beaten eggs into the flour until smooth, then spoon into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.

Drizzle over honey, Leave to cool in the tin. Once cool store in an airtight container for 3 days or slice & freeze.

Hi Emma, you are a star for taking the trouble to post this recipe, I will definitely give it a go over the next few days. Thanks very much.

Back