Recipea for holiday

summerbear2013

Gold Member
Hi I'm going away a week today and wanting to do 810-1000 depending how much I've walked round the lakes. In my booklet it says there's a recipe book is this true? I'm confused as on the 810 pages there's recipes with rice noodles in but they're not on the food list?

hey, the main meal options for step three have a part A and a part B. You can have one A or one B for dinner. Option B is the recipies, and that confused me as well, the stuff in that part is not in the list of allowed foods. And often they are more than one portion. I notice the stew makes 4 portions. So it would be good to make it and freeze it I guess.

There is a recipe book you can buy from your consultant, however I don't think it sells well. Really you could make variations of recipes from the stuff listed.
For example, I made a pancake batter today, one egg from my main meal allowance, and the banana from my breakfast allowance. So I had three pancakes for breakfast. I added my main meal veg allowance to my salad for lunch. Then for tea I was left with a carb and some protein. So I made a small curry. Could have had the rest of my protein allowance as chicken, and had that with the salad for lunch then made veg curry for tea.

Hope that helps.

Back