recipes for chickpeas???

FREE ON GREEN.

DSC02506.JPG

Ingredients:-
x2 large aubergines
x2 large onions chopped
x3 garlic cloves crushed
x2 cans chopped tomatoes (the 400g ones)
x2 cans Chickpeas drained (the 400g ones)
Salt and pepper
x3 tbs of olive oil
and the GOD... Frylight

To make:-
Set your oven to pre heat at 250.

Cut the aubergine length ways and sprinkle with salt to sweat them out.
Leave for half an hour.
Whilst doing this, cut up your onions and garlic and fry for about 10 Min's until golden brown.
Once aubergines are ready, wash the sweat and salt off and then cut into cubes and also fry these until brown.

Bung everything together and sprinkle 3 tablespoons of olive oil over them, i haven't counted these syns as this does make a HUGE 4 people possible 6 serving but you can do if you want.

Put in the oven for 60 mins and then serve with rice yum yum yum!!!

i've been eating loads of chickpeas lately they are great, (if not a little parpy)! i've been putting them in curries and ive been making morroccan couscous with chickpeas in it using cinnamon, ground corriander, salt, pepper, turmeric and cayenne pepper for a wee kick :) gonna try making syn friendly hoummous with some but havent found a recipe yet, anyone got any ideas? xx

1 can drained and washed chickpeas
2 tbsp tahini
1 clove garlic (2 if you like it very garlicky)
3 tbsp plain yogurt
Juice of 2 lemons (real lemons not substitute)
Pinch of cumin
Salt to taste
1 tbsp olive oil
- Blend in food processor until smooth - Add more lemon juice if too gluggy
Serve with sprinkle of paprika and drizzle of olive oil

thanks fatty no more, sounds yummy :D how many syns or would that be free if i use the olive oil ans a HEXB or does tahini paste have syns? cheers xx

1 level teaspoon is 4 and a half syns eeeek but you have to use tahini to get the humous taste! xxx

eek! bet it's worth it though, that wouldnt even be a days syns and i doubt i'd eat the whole lot in one day.. well.. we'll see about that :) thanks

i have a syn free version, only because i am far to greedy to use my syns on tahini paste :)

1 tin chick peas drained
lemon juice
paprika
garlic (to taste... personally the more the better :D)
salt
pepper
water (4 tblsps... u can tell if u need more)

Blend it all up untill its smooth, i use a hand blender but im sure u could use a food processor or similar....
then i serve it with carrot, pepper and cucumber batons or have it on ryvita if they are my healthy extra B :) hope this helps :)

This makes a very thick hummous... if you like it a little less 'stodgy' im sure you could stir some quark or fat free fromage frais through it :)

Does anyone have any tasty recipies for chickpeas????
Bombay bhajis and cucumber riata(FREE ON GREEN)

to make bhajis spray a non stick pan with fry lite and cook 1 chopped medium onion until tender. Transfer to bowl, add 6oz of cooked, chopped potato and 8oz of chickpeas and mash together. Stir in 2tsp of Bombay mixed spice, 1 tsp of dried mixed herbs and a little salt and freshly ground black pepper. Form mixture into 20 small balls. Arrange bhajis on a tray that has been sprayed with fry lite. Bake in a pre heated ove at 220/ gas 7 for about 15 mins until golden.

To make the riata chop half a cucumber and place in a colander, sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 mins. Dry well and transfer to a bowl. Stir in 4oz vey low fat natural yogurt and 4 chopped spring onions and chill until ready to serve

From 100 green recipies by Slimming World

Back