Recipes with Fat Free Greek Yogurt

slimming sinead

I've managed to get my hands on a couple of large tubs of Total 0% which is not an easy feat where I live in Ireland!! Now that I finally have them I'm not really too sure what to make.

Would anybody have any recipe suggestions for me? I'd probably prefer some meal ideas rather than just desserts but I'd be grateful for any recommendations! :)

Pete’s Chicken Tikka Masala-2

Serves 2

Ingredients

½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp coriander
1 onion, finely chopped (s) (sff)
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic salt
1 cm ginger, peeled & grated
1tbsp lemon juice (ss) (sff)
1tbsp tomato puree (s) (sff)
1 tbsp. sweetener
2 garlic cloves (sff)
2tbsp “Tikka Masala Mix” (see below for mix)
100g boiled rice (ff)
150mL Greek 0% fat free Yoghurt
250g Chicken pieces cut into 5cm chunks (s) (ff)
400g chopped tomatoes (s) (sff)

Tikka Masala Mix
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp coriander
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp garlic salt
½ tsp cayenne pepper
1tsp black pepper

Method

In a bowl, mix the yogurt, saving 2tbsp, tomato puree, ginger, garlic, Tikka masala & lemon juice, mix well.
Place the cut chicken in a mixing bowl and add the paste, mix together to coat the chicken, cover, leave in the fridge to marinate for between 2 hours -24 hours.

In a deep Frying pan, sprayed with Fry Light, cook the onion, ginger & garlic until soft, add the paprika, garlic salt, cumin, turmeric, coriander, cook for 1 min add the chicken & marinade, cook for 5 mins then add the tomato, tomato puree & sweetener & simmer for 20 mins until the chicken is cooked and the sauce has reduced. Turn the heat off, wait for it to cool slightly then add 2tbsp of yogurt.
Serve with boiled rice.

Chicken Tikka Masala (2013) (Small).JPG

Thanks a million Pete! I'm definitely making that :)

Back