Recipes!

Minerva

...we're sinking deeper.
When I did LL it was all very limited indeed! Just shakes and shakes and a bar! :eek:
But this LL Lite is actually great. My boyfriend still gets to have dinner with me and hence we're all happy bunnies. :D

Either way, been on this side of LL for about 2 weeks and have noticed that it's very versatile with the recipes and all! So if anyone else has any recipes to share, lets keep adding to them! The ones in the book are really lovely too.

First of all I add a few vegetables or mushrooms to my soup shakes, makes them feel more like a lunch!

Fajita Wraps

Cook up some chicken pieces with onions, green peppers, grated carrots, maybe even mushrooms! I used the Fajita mix they sell in the shop (though probably shouldn't have?), but you could use curry powder instead. For the wrap I used a large cabbage leaf (you need to browse your grocer for a good looking green cabbage or lettuce that could act as a wrap). Worked wonderfully! I had some swede mash left over to act as a mayonnaise 'cooling' substitute. :) If you like things hot, you can always make your own salsa ;)

Stuffed Peppers

I chose to use Quorn mince for this because I find regular mince very heavy.
I sauteed some onions with the mince and added some Nepolina Passata (100% tomatoes) to the mix. Season to your taste. Then to fill it out a little I added very finely chopped vegetables of my choice along with some mushrooms.
It would probably help to cook the green peppers (about 3 of them) a little before stuffing them but I didn't really mind them being crunchy, though you could probably blast them in the microwave for a minute or two before.
Stuff your peppers to the full, and then cook in the oven at 180 C for 30 mins or so.

Fish Pie type of thing.

You can use any of your meat portions for this, I chose to use a tin of tuna.
Cook up some swede, carrots and cauliflower (boil for 20 mins or so) and make a mash.
I chose to mix some finely chopped cabbage in with my tuna. Spread it in an overproof dish, and top off with one of those cup-soup broths. Top off with the mash you made earlier and bake at 200 C for about 20 minutes or until it looks nice and toasty.

(I haven't made this 'pie' thing yet, but seems tasty anyway :D )

Just made this soup and it's absolutely amazing! So very filling I wish I hadn't made so much but I need to eat it all, to get all my protein for today. Anyway here's roughly what I did:

Moroccan type Chicken and Veg casserole/soup (depending on how much you blend it).

Chicken and/or quorn chicken pieces
Courgette, swede, onion, mushroom, parsnip (small amount), chunked up.
cinnamon bark (remove at end), few drops vanilla essence, ginger, garlic (I used 2 cloves), ground coriander, chicken oxo.
Water.

Chuck in slow cooker. Leave for 8 hours or so. when ready, either remove chicken and some veg and whizz the rest, or just whizz the whole lot into soup. Goes really thick if soup, almost stand your spoon in!

But oh my gosh, SO filling, total heaven and really easy. I'm sure if you don't have a slow cooker just do like a normal casserole.

That sounds interesting! I don't have a slow cooker though. Meh. :p

The thing I love most at the moment is cauliflower mash! It satisfies the craving for mash in general - because it's quite savoury tasting... With many vegetable mashes you get a very sweet aftertaste, which cauliflower doesn't have.
Lovely with a meat dish, nowhere near the carbs/calories whatever of potatoes... Mmm.

I cook mine in the microwave, and mash together with some low-fat sour cream, and any salt/pepper whatever.. MMMM YUM.

LS: The weight losses really vary between people. When I was on straight LL the losses were about 2lbs per week by the end. On Lite it's been in the last 4 weeks: 4, 2, 1, 1. Other ladies in my group have been losing 2-4lbs per week. I am quite active and do exercise, some of them don't. A lot of people have found that exercise slows things down when you're in ketosis... Not too sure why.

There are too many variables to say for sure! However, if your friend doesn't have much to lose (and is BMI 28.9 or below) LLLite may be very good for her. :) It's a nice program, and the group support/discussion sessions are really helpful. Many people in my group have commented that this is the most pleasant and relaxed diets they'd ever done!
:D

Exercise will only slow down your weight loss because you are melting fat and building muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat but takes up less space. Its well worth losing a pound in weight less a week if you are melting fat and building muscle. You may even find that you only lose say 4lbs over a month but that you drop a dress size easily.

Keep up with the exercise - it helps to minimise the baggy skin effect you might get by dieting alone as well.

I agree - muscle mass helps long-term maintenance. Lean body tissue helps the body utilise intake of energy, and metabolism far better than fat tissue - or nothing at all... which is what many people who've lost fat, and had muscle wastage experience, when unwittingly weight gain happens far too easily after a long abstinent diet ...
The weight on the scales should not be viewed as the only thing that matters... What you may not be losing on the scales, may be expressing itself in inches of the waist, legs, bums, whatever more so! :D

Ask for a booklet guide from your LLC on the Lite program which will have the measurements for all foods in there. Have a look at calorie values per 100g of vegetables and salad items (of the allowed varieties as described in booklet) as well - as you should not really exceed 800 - 850 calories per day (including food packs).
But the foods allowed are basically most types of spices, savoury boullion (like Marigold's) for the 'stock', most kinds of protein in 150g-200g portions (raw), vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc), and salad. No starchy food (so no potatoes, beans, bread or pasta), and no diet coke or anything like that.
I would advise to keep to the 3 foodpacks per day, keep to your daily allowance of milk (for the tea/coffee), and keep to just 1 meal per day.

:) Enjoy Lite - and most importantly, use it as a learning exercise... I know I definitely used Lite as the cornerstone to KNOWING what a portion size SHOULD be, how much I should have of each food group, and how it all affects me. Abstinence is tough, but Lite is tougher. It is the true test for all the mental bluff you get taught!

Most importantly - experiment with your meals and HAVE FUN!

Ask for a booklet guide from your LLC on the Lite program which will have the measurements for all foods in there. Have a look at calorie values per 100g of vegetables and salad items (of the allowed varieties as described in booklet) as well - as you should not really exceed 800 - 850 calories per day (including food packs).
But the foods allowed are basically most types of spices, savoury boullion (like Marigold's) for the 'stock', most kinds of protein in 150g-200g portions (raw), vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots etc), and salad. No starchy food (so no potatoes, beans, bread or pasta), and no diet coke or anything like that.
I would advise to keep to the 3 foodpacks per day, keep to your daily allowance of milk (for the tea/coffee), and keep to just 1 meal per day.

:) Enjoy Lite - and most importantly, use it as a learning exercise... I know I definitely used Lite as the cornerstone to KNOWING what a portion size SHOULD be, how much I should have of each food group, and how it all affects me. Abstinence is tough, but Lite is tougher. It is the true test for all the mental bluff you get taught!

Most importantly - experiment with your meals and HAVE FUN!

Thanks for the info :) I'm going to get the book from LLC on Sunday and starting then. Am fed up on the strict 4 packs a day and i havent felt that well with it to be honest, so the ideal of having a small, healthy meal has put a big smile on my face !!

Thought I would add a few recipes to try to get this thread going again.

Spicy tomato sauce:

finely chop an onion and saute with frylight until soft. Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of paprika, pinch of salt, pinch of pepper and tabasco to taste (I put loads as love hot things!). Let this simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes. Blitz to a smooth sauce.

I put this with chicken breast or white fish. It is a good alternative to sauces made wht flour.

Spagbol stuffed peppers:

remove lids and seeds from peppers. Blanch in boiling water for 10 minutes until slightly soft.

finly chop an onion and saute with frylight until soft. Add a 400/500g pack of extra lean mince and cook until the meat is browned. Add a large teaspoon of bovril (or LL broth sachet). Add finely diced carrots, peppers, courgette, mushroom (anything really!) and a can of chopped tomatoes. Finally add a generous pinch of the following: salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and basil. Bring to boil and allow to simmer for about 30 minutes.

Stuff peppers with mixture (this makes about 4-5). Top with cheese (from dairy allowance) and bake in oven at ~ 180oC until cheese is bubbling.

Hi some great recipes thank you. I'm a vegetarian so can adapt them with good old quorn or even mushrooms.

I love the sound of caulflower mash, that really appeals to me and isn't something I would have thought of doing.

I made a fab spanish-ish omelette tonight.

fried an onion, red pepper, courgette and cherry tomatoes in olive oil (from allowance). Then beat together 4 eggs, large dash of milk (from allowance), handful of chopped parsley, salt and pepper and poured it over the veg once it had softened. After a couple of minutes I popped it under a moderate grill until it had risen slightly and browned on the top.

After deciding it was cooked through I cut it in half and served it with salad. I made it in a large frying pan so it was huge and OH seemed to like it too!

Peppermint Hot chocolate:

Brew up some pepermint tea (250-300ml) so that its quite strong, but not bitter. Then mix in the chocolate shake pack and whisk.....ta da, choc mint hot chocolate!!

chicken fajitas Generously serves 2!

2 chicken breasts sliced
1 onion thinly sliced
1 red pepper thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper thinkly sliced
1 beef tomato chopped into small cubes
1 pot fat free yoghurt (I use Total)
chopped chillies or Tobasco sauce
1/2 sachet of Schwartz Mexican fajita spice mix
1 large lettuce

1. cook the fajitas according to the instructions on the spice packet
2. use the large lettuce leaves to wrap the chicken mixture, yoghurt, tomato and chillies.

Have had this twice since starting LLL. OH loves it too and it has now become a favourite. The chicken mix will go nicely with pitta for lunch once on RTM too.

Lamb Tagine - slow cooker recipe

Serves 2

100g black/green lentils
300g lean lamb chopped into chunks
3 carrots chopped into large chunks
1 large onion chopped into large chunks
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending how spicy you like)
handful of finely chopped rosmary

• put carrots, onion and lentils into the slow cooker
  • brown meat quickly in some fry light and place on top of veg
  • mix garlic and herbs into the tomatoes and pour over meat
  • season generously with salt and pepper
  • cook on low for about 6 hours until the meat starts to fall apart and the lentils are tender
  • serve with green veg if required

R.T.M

Hello all. Just about to start route to management and i'm really scared!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: My councellor is amazing, she has been very supportive throughout my journey, my family not so much, except my sister, she's been pretty good as she herself is on a diet, just not to the extremes of ours!! I just feel that as soon as i start putting food back in myself, that all eyes are going to be on me to see if the weight goes back on. Although I am very determine not to let them get to me, or to put the weight back on as i am changing my whole lifestyle for a better way of living, (my son included, even if i have to drag him kicking and screaming into this new way of eating). I still feel I'll going to be watched like an eagle. Did anyone else feel like this at all??
I would love to hear anyones thoughts on this, although i will talk to Pam, (my counceller), about my worries, i'd like to hear from you guys.
Good luck to everyone who is planning, on, or at the same point as me or further, on your weight loss, maintaining it now and for the future.
xx:)

Just realised this thread is about recipes.... so when i get a few under my belt, i'll post them for you!!

Last edited:
Back