Recommendations for crispbreads please

ermintrude

Gold Member
I want to find some crispbreads that are quite thin and I can have quite a few of. I dont really use crispbread and have only really tried Ryvita before but am I right there are some you can have 4, 5, 6 of as a HEXB? What are your favourites? I want to get some so I can have another go with my broad bean hummus and some other stuff. Thanks lovelies x :)

HXb acc Food Optimising 2011 book:

6 Finn Crisp Original Thin Crisps
4 Finn Crisp Plus, 5 Wholegrains Thin Crisp
5 Oats/Scan Bran
4 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original/Sesame
6 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread
(copied exactly from my book, so no idea what item two means!)

I've only had the sesame ryvita and scan bran from that lot, but I hope you find something suitable! :)

HXb acc Food Optimising 2011 book:

6 Finn Crisp Original Thin Crisps
4 Finn Crisp Plus, 5 Wholegrains Thin Crisp
5 Oats/Scan Bran
4 Ryvita Dark Rye/Original/Sesame
6 Ryvita Wholegrain Crackerbread
(copied exactly from my book, so no idea what item two means!)

I've only had the sesame ryvita and scan bran from that lot, but I hope you find something suitable! :)

The Finn crisp with 5 wholegrains are really thin and crispy, one of my favourites.
The Ryvita crackerbread are also good, and are very light and puffy.

Mmm I think I might have a go at the Finn ones then. And the Ryvita you can have six of. Normal Ryvita are a bit thick for me, Id rather have something thinner that I can have more of and actually taste the stuff on top! Thanks for the info x :)

If it's thin then definately the finn crisp, because the ryvita wholegrain crackerbread are as thick as normal ryvita, but lighter and airier.

Ah OK cheers, I'm going rootling around the grocers next week so Ill stop off at Sainsburya and pick some up :) Thanks!

Oh do they? Im not a fan of rice cakes really :( Well Ill still have a go at the Finn thing anyway. I used to quite like that stuff that I think was just called 'Crackerbread' years ago, I didnt think it was like the ruce cakes Ive had which i find so dry they just bung my mouth up and drench all the liquid out of my tongue :eek: :D

How about making some melba toast?

Toast 2 small slices of wholemeal bread (hexB). Slice through the toast to make 4 full sized thin pieces and toast the untoasted side. You end up with 4 very thin pieces of toast. Cut into triangles. Not described very well. Hopefully you're psychic.

Ooh is it, yummy. Ive just googled it, its made by Ryvita now? Looks similar to the stuff I used to have in the 80's though, Ive put that on my list as well, thanks x :)

How about making some melba toast?

Toast 2 small slices of wholemeal bread (hexB). Slice through the toast to make 4 full sized thin pieces and toast the untoasted side. You end up with 4 very thin pieces of toast. Cut into triangles. Not described very well. Hopefully you're psychic.

Heh heh :D Ah I only have WW bread in which would be impossible to cut in half again as it is already the thickness of a leaf or something :( So it'd be just, er toast again for me, which I have every morning for brekkie. Thanks for the idea tho :)

i love,love,love the ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads.
in fact im having them later with my hea of laughing cow lights spread on and chopped up apple...scrummy!

lurverick said:
i love,love,love the ryvita wholegrain crackerbreads.
in fact im having them later with my hea of laughing cow lights spread on and chopped up apple...scrummy!

I used to do that with grapes cut in half and stuck into the laughing cow extra light - yum 6 Ryvita whole- wheat thingies crackerbread and 6 laughing cow extra light plus ham and chutney or grapes - love it!!!

Finn crisp are scrum too - but I always snap them when spreading with laughing cow!!

Kx

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I lurrrrrrrve Laughing Cow. Light. (NOT Extra Light *bleurgh*)

ermintrude said:
I lurrrrrrrve Laughing Cow. Light. (NOT Extra Light *bleurgh*)

I like extra light Ermi nowt wrong with that lol - have to be doubly careful spreading it though!! Saw lo lo spread any ideas of it's synnage??

Kx

Haven't seen Low Low anywhere yet, I want the hard stuff so I can melt it but nobody seems to have it round here :(

ermintrude said:
Haven't seen Low Low anywhere yet, I want the hard stuff so I can melt it but nobody seems to have it round here :(

Your not missing that much- it's in my tesco both as a slab , grated and spread. To be honest though most low fat cheese is just as nice

I dont like most low fat cheese for cooking - it doesnt melt properly, just goes crispy and brown on the outside and gloopy on the inside. I heard Low Low doesnt do this and melts properly?

ermintrude said:
I dont like most low fat cheese for cooking - it doesnt melt properly, just goes crispy and brown on the outside and gloopy on the inside. I heard Low Low doesnt do this and melts properly?

It does melt yes - I'm gonna need to research this then as I'm sure cathedral lighter does too. But maybe not.

Kx

Back