recommendations please!

Mrs Pink

Banned
Hi can anyone recomend somewhere abroad to take 2 6 year old boys in August? We are after a beach plus stuff for the kids to do... ideas welcome! Thanks
:D

we love the royal beach hotel in lloret de mar spain you will have to look on teletext on t'internet for price but it is usuall quite reasonable for all inclusive and the beach is a stones throw away there is also a water park which is a bus ride away and a lot of other attractions which are easy to get to
hop this helps
xxxx

Thanks! Will check it out

it's not 'abroad' but if you want a hotel for children I can reccommend 'Old Park Hotel' on the Isle of wight. They've got a web site. It's got loads of character,loads of space, & only caters for families. It's on the southern most tip of the isle of wight, with a path to an almost private beach.
having said that it's hard to get away from the sea on such a small island.
I love the IOW & found that the roads are never jammed even in high season, especially if you keep away from Cowes week etc.

I loved Majorca ...alcudia.....north of the island.
We stayed at the jupiter/saturno/marte complex all inclusive with about 5 pools I think. Kids loved it, my 2 were 6 and 2 at the time.

My friends just got back from Porta Venture (I think!) it is a theme park area in Spain and apparently is out of this world and good value.

Mike

Mike, why has your animation entered crufts wearing only his Y-fronts?

How about Menorca? Lovely beaches, plenty of kids clubs, there is a water park at Cala Galdana which kids love...

Mallorca is a wonderful place -go north rather than Palma/Magaluf. We stayed in a gorgeous place called Cala San Vicente not far from Porta Pollenca. Alcudia has some fab all inclusive hotels with kids clubs, as Sonkie has already said.

I can recommend the Fiesta Tropico in Magaluf, Majorca. I love it and there's plenty to do coz its a Thomson Superfamily hotel. It's quite reasonably priced too and close to all the action. Rooms were immaculate and the night time entertainment was good as well. Might see you then coz I am back in Magaluf in August too but staying elsewhere this year.

Thanks for all the tips - will file some of these away for future reference! We have booked an all-inclusive deal in Gran Canaria - coz it was cheap! Hotel has a kids club and its close to the beach. Hope the food isn't too nice, so I'm not tempted!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope you have a good time. Gran Canaria is good and at the end of the day anywhere hot is better than here at the minute. Enjoy!!

Back