Recording my journey.

grace222

I just want to log on here and record where Im at. I can see by my signature I first logged on in 2009 at 14 stone 7lbs. WOW that was such a difficult sad time in my life. I dint reach my goal then or a few years later either but I have now. Im 10 stone 8 today. The last few years I have been mainly using the 5:2 method turning to the 20:4 the last 6 weeks which has let me let go of 5lbs but have seen massive non scale victories including high energy, positive mood, clear skin, appetite control, balanced hormones and general happiness. I am hoping that I have found a way to live now that suits me and my appetite and hope I can reset my metabolism to heal as I was living on a very restrictive 1200 calories or less a day before now just to maintain. Fasting resets the metabolism if you do it long enough, people suggest a year so Im aiming for that as I do not want to be counting calories for the rest of my life. Fasting also creates something called autophagy which is really exciting as far as my health goes. I don't restrict any foods now at all and its completely liberating. I restrict the time I eat for though and this has worked wonders for me. I just wish I had heard of this way of life soon. Better late than never though eh. I would also like to set a new goal for myself at 9 stone 12lbs and use this thread/website to record my journey a little. If you haven't heard of delay don't deny - check it out !

Grace! I look forward to following your journey. I'm posting in the member diary section. I've found the Obesity Code by Dr Jason Fung and videos by him, dietdoctor and Dr Berg useful. The science re resetting metabolism is really exciting.

I've shed 9 stone and regained 8 stone, shed 40lbs last year on a vlcd and regained it.

Congratulations on your progress. Good luck with the next bit.

Another quick update, sitting at 10 stone 5 which is a loss of 3lbs since July, Its now February. This might sound like slow progress but its probably the first winter I haven't gained weight or been in a battle with myself over food. More importantly although there has been little movement on the scales I have dropped a dress size and am now buying a size 10. My body recomposition is far more important that the number on the scale, (a phrase I though I would never say.) Im still doing 20/4 and not restricting what I eat at all in that window and I am still experiencing all the Non Scale victories listed above such as high energy, clear skin, balanced mood etc. It is also the first winter I have not felt totally overwhelmed with feelings of season affective disorder. Ive noticed Im a little less energetic but haven't slumped into a very low mood, which would normally be the case at this time of year. Im going to continue with this way of life as i don't think I have ever felt so balanced, strong and happy with my body and how I look.

Another quick update, sitting at 10 stone 5 which is a loss of 3lbs since July, Its now February. This might sound like slow progress but its probably the first winter I haven't gained weight or been in a battle with myself over food. More importantly although there has been little movement on the scales I have dropped a dress size and am now buying a size 10. My body recomposition is far more important that the number on the scale, (a phrase I though I would never say.) Im still doing 20/4 and not restricting what I eat at all in that window and I am still experiencing all the Non Scale victories listed above such as high energy, clear skin, balanced mood etc. It is also the first winter I have not felt totally overwhelmed with feelings of season affective disorder. Ive noticed Im a little less energetic but haven't slumped into a very low mood, which would normally be the case at this time of year. Im going to continue with this way of life as i don't think I have ever felt so balanced, strong and happy with my body and how I look.
Grace, it’s fantastic to hear such good news on how well you are doing and that you have found a way of eating that suits you.

Congratulations and well done on your success and hoping you will keep us updated.👏👏👏

Ok so lock down happened ! Ahhhhh this for me has meant putting on 8lbs ! in the last 4 months. Taking me back up to 10 stone 13lbs. I just this week have switched over from OMAD - which had included more and more comfort foods (itsascary time) also restricted and a bit boring - so hence the weight gain, To ADF thats alternate day fasting. Just wanted to note the weight gain and shift in fasting style to see how I get on. basically itt means not eating 3 out of the 4 days of the week - for me thats Mon wed & Frid - lets see how it goes ! hugs to anyone reading this xxx

Ok so lock down happened ! Ahhhhh this for me has meant putting on 8lbs ! in the last 4 months. Taking me back up to 10 stone 13lbs. I just this week have switched over from OMAD - which had included more and more comfort foods (itsascary time) also restricted and a bit boring - so hence the weight gain, To ADF thats alternate day fasting. Just wanted to note the weight gain and shift in fasting style to see how I get on. basically itt means not eating 3 out of the 4 days of the week - for me thats Mon wed & Frid - lets see how it goes ! hugs to anyone reading this xxx
Well I think I did ADF for one day here and couldn't do it. I went on to put on more weight taking me back up to 12 stone 3lbs WOW as of 26th April 2021 ! Lock down & the long winter has been really tough. Looking back I recorded my weight in a paper journal and had another attempt 19th October 2020 at 11 stone 9Lbs but couldn't get a handle on it either. I have the whole time stayed within an eating window of 4 hours & have still seen many of the NSV stay in place & still want to continuing fasting rather than calorie counting because of these NSV. Obviously though food is my go too in times of distress and the emotional & comfort eating so during those 4 hours led to me gaining back just under 2 stone. As of today 20th May 2021 I have been doing ADF with a 4 hour eating window Since 26th April - That's just 24 days & the scales this morning say 11stone 5lbs. That's a 12lb loss in 24 days which is amazing. My initial goal is now to get back to 10 stone 6lbs & intend to continue with ADF till I reach that goal & will then review again. Looking back at my journey I'm proud of what I've done but annoyed at lock down & myself for getting so off track. Note to self ! to prioritise my nutrition over absolutely everything. I also recognize doing ADF these last 24 days that my stomach has shrunk again & I am fuller quicker as I believe over the course of lockdown I had lost the original appetite correction that OMAD had provided, because I had been eating a lot more treaty sweet food too. My body is responding again & am starting to recognize the full feeling again which had gone. Will try to up date on a weekly basis - again for myself & my own record, but if anyone reads this just sending a hug of love & support to you too.

Hi Grace. Good to read your update. Congrats on yr brilliant results and taking action on putting on a bit.

I might alternate day fat or OMAD later this summer.

So, are you fasting one day and eating in a 4 hour window the next? Are you eating the standard UK diet or lower carb?

Back