Records and Recipes <3

kxxx90

I've seen a few people post their diaries on here, so I thought I would do so too, as a way to help me keep on track. I've tried MFP but it is so soul-destroying searching for each food and adding it in individually, so I think this will be my best option!

I'll also post some of my recipes in here, too. I tend to do a lot of low-carb, meat-based meals ... feel free to give them a try :D

If anybody would like to join me, I'll be doing a weigh-in every Monday, too!

So today's weigh-in....

10st1lb - down 3.6lb from last week! :D AND I had an awful day yesterday out with friends and eating chicken wings and burgers so I'm very happy with this!!

RECIPE
Free/low-syn

SUPER SIMPLE
CHILI

(3/4 servings - two for tea plus small dinner for following day for two or large dinner for one!)

400g lean mince (I also sometimes use lean turkey breast mince)
1/2 red, green and yellow bell pepper - chopped
1 red onion - chopped
4 medium white mushrooms - chopped
1 red chili - finely chopped
1 box 390g chopped tomatoes
1 tin red kidney beans - drained
1 tsp chili powder
Splash of Levi Roots Reggae Reggae Sauce (optional - 1 syn per tablespoon - I use around 5 tablespoons in all, so 1.5syns per serving)
Seasoning to taste

Serve with broccoli and green beans and 1/4 cup Thai jasmine rice OR 1 baked sweet potato
Use HexA for grated cheese if required.

Brown off the mince in a pan using fly-light on a medium-high heat.
Add the onions, mushrooms, red chili and peppers and fry until soft.
Add the chopped tomatoes and stir together.
Sprinkle over the chili powder and any additional seasoning to taste. Add the Levi Roots if necessary.
Turn down the heat and simmer for ten mins.
Add the kidney beans and mix in.

Meanwhile...
Boil the broccoli and green beans.
Boil 1 cup of Thai jasmine rice/Bake a sweet potato in the microwave for 6-8mins.

Serve and enjoy!

Last edited:
RECIPE
Free

CHICKEN MEDLEY
(3/4 servings - two for tea plus small dinner for following day for two or larger dinner for one!)

2 skinless chicken breasts - chopped into chunks
4 medium mushrooms - chopped
1 red onion - chopped
1 box 390g chopped tomatoes or 1 small cup passata
4 rashers bacon - fat removed
2 medium carrots - chopped
2 medium sweet potatoes - chopped
Seasoning to taste

Serve with broccoli and green beans.

Boil the chunks of sweet potato and carrots until soft and leave to drain.
Grill the bacon, remove and cut into small pieces.
Fry the chicken using fry-light until cooked through, then add the mushrooms and onion and fry until soft.
Throw in the bacon, carrots and sweet potatoes and continue to fry on a low heat.
Mix in the chopped toms/passata and season with chili, salt and pepper as required.
Simmer for a few minutes.

Meanwhile...
Boil the broccoli and green beans.

Serve and enjoy!

Last edited:
RECIPE
Free

K'S CHICKEN COUS COUS
(2 servings)

1 skinless chicken breast - chopped into chunks
4 spring onions - finely chopped
1/2 red, green and yellow pepper - finely chopped
200g couscous (estimate - add more or less if desired!)
1 chicken oxo cube
Seasoning to taste.

Put the dry cous cous in a bowl and sprinkle the oxo cube over.
Add water until cous cous is covered, plus a little and leave to soak.

Meanwhile...
Using fry-light, fry the chicken in a pan until cooked through.
Add the peppers and spring onion and fry until soft.
Sprinkle over some chili powder is desired.

Mix the chicken and veg mix with the soaked cous cous and season to taste.

Serve with veg or have fruit on the side for super speed!

Sadly I've not been feeling too great for a few days now. Friday I managed some Weetabix (2x) with semi-skimmed milk and sweetener around 2pm, and a bowl of pasta and chicken with passata for tea. Saturday it was a day of no food until teatime, when I had a random concoction I threw together ( a bit like Chicken Medley!). Sunday as I mentioned was bad. I ate pastry for breakfast, a few mochas, some sweets here and there and a big burger and sweet pot wedges for dinner! Tea was a couple slices of pizza and some chips and cheese (it was Superbowl night, afterall!). Apparently my poorly body wasn't quite ready for all that food and I was pretty ill through the night, which probably factored in to my weight loss this morning! SO, today has been another day of green tea and water to try and fix my body again. Hopefully I can fill my face again soon!!!

Looking good K :) Hope your feeling better later x

Minimins rocks that's for sure! :)

Monday 8th Feb 16

Snack - three Terry's Chocolate Orange Segments - 2.5 syns each
Tea - Cottage Pie with greens - 1 syn Reggae Reggae sauce, 1 syn gravy

9.5 syns

Well done K. Thanks for the recipes. Will try some for sure x here's to another good day

Thank you!

Well I won't be updating from yesterday as I had a terrible day thanks to pancakes back to eating well today and my bad stomach has finally gone so I think I can eat properly without skipping meals

Yesterday was a very bad day indeed...

Finally feeling better but the mister treated me to a trip to the cinema, so tea was cancelled and we pigged out on Haribo and M&Ms instead!

Breakfast - 1 slice white (synned) with poached egg and beans
Snack - 3 bourbons (synned)
Dinner - N/A
Tea - Deli counter sausage roll and lots of sweets! (syn, syn synned!!)
Drinks - Tea, water and an Ice Blast! (more syns)

Dread to think what my total syns were, but I think I deserved it after being poorly for days!

Weighed myself this morning and I came in under 10stone for the first time in about a year, so I'm chuffed!

Time to get back on track and back in the gym - one week out has left me desperate to get back in there!

So I've fallen off the wagon quite a bit over the last few months and it's about time I got back on it!

Morning weigh-in: 10stone2lbs

Up today at 7am. Had my green tea with lemon as always.
Breakfast is scrambled egg and 1/3rd of a can of baked beans with vegetarian sausage (3 syns)
Dinner will be 2 slices of 50/50 (HExB) with butter (1/2 HExA) and tuna.
Tea will be mashed potatoes (other HExA for butter in mash!) carrots, peas, green beans, broccoli and Quorn peppered steaks.

Snacks will include green tea, apple and a square of dark chocolate for dessert!

Back