Red and Green Meal Ideas

angwass

Well I have struggled to lose weight the last 4 weeks while following EE and my consultant has said it may be an idea to try red and green days to see if this suits me better.

I have just been thinking of ideas for red and green lunch ideas for work and I seem to be struggling for ideas for red days. Could anyone please help me with lunch ideas for red days please?

Thanks

Angela x

Im currently addicted to lettuce wraps when I do a red day. I take a lettuce leaf and fill with lean meat and raw peppers then roll into a wrap. Sometimes I smooth some Philly on before the meat. They are delicious and surprisingly filling.

Red days... meat and veg stir fry Flavouring with a stock cube. Or take cold meat, salad and boiled egg. Also if I fancy potato on a red day I boil up some celeriac and mash it up, it's very similar. I did dukan so red days are easier for me. Feel naughty on green days lol

Green - pasta salad, noodle stir fry or jacket potatoes for me usually xx

Red days... meat and veg stir fry Flavouring with a stock cube. Or take cold meat, salad and boiled egg. Also if I fancy potato on a red day I boil up some celeriac and mash it up, it's very similar. I did dukan so red days are easier for me. Feel naughty on green days lol Green - pasta salad, noodle stir fry or jacket potatoes for me usually xx
what about tuna. ham .chicken ect with HEB jacket spud or bread? a large salad with meat or egg ... a ham and onion quiche the list is endless really

Oooo thanks for the ideas guys :)

I really like the sound of the lettuce wraps, would never have thought of those and also I don't knwo why but I was thinking I could only have the quiche on green days....silly me!! I have made two lists of ideas for both days so your ideas will be getting added to my list! Thank you :) x

Yes if you do a S W quiche with veggies and bacon, youre laughing!

Red Days:
Cold SW quiche - you can whack anything in there!
Scrambled egg on toast with cooked meat and HE of cheese
Ryvitas (HEB) with tuna and light mayo (synned) or cooked meats
Bolognese or any other left overs from night before - I just eat these with my HEB Ryvitas
Salads
Snack on boiled eggs, seafood sticks, yoghurts, fruit

Green Days:
Savoury Rice
Mug Shots (less than 1% fat)
Pasta n Sauces
Jacket Potato and beans
Beans/Spaghetti hoops on toast (2 small slices wholemeal HEB)
Curried Chickpea Dahl flan - chickpea dahl canned from Asda (free) with a packet of curry batchelors savoury rice mixed together with eggs and baked - this is lovely cold!
Quorn burgers/sausages (check syns) with smash and beans
Scrambled egg and beans

Not sure if you have access to microwave... Hope those are some help :)

Oooo thank you, like the sound of the curried chickpea dahl flan :)

Yes I feel happy now with the ideas I have got, thanks all! I get weighed tomorrow so I am starting my red/green days from Friday morning and I have a meal plan done for the week for my 3 meals a day and I also have my online shop on order....I'm feeling ready and up for the change. I will let you know what my weight loss is like after doing the red/green days x

Last year I got a nice little SW book with loads of ideas called 100 Extra Easy Days. It was about £3. I wonder if they still do it. It's great to thumb through while looking for inspiration.

Back