Red Days Red day inspiration

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
Looking for some more exciting recipes I regulary make chilli curry grilled chicken eat lots of bacon but I'm bored and run out of ideas. I'm making a quiche tomorrow with bacon and ham. And for dinner the meatloaf in the original recipe book.

Does anyone have anything to rave about some good recipes would help ta x

I make lots of one pots. Casseroles & stews. :)
I make the Fiest pork casserole from the Feasts for a fiver. Or make basically any casserole but without any potatoes, sub for BNS or swede. :)

I'm not a bug fan of stews or casseroles neither is the oh thats what makes it difficult lol maybe I could try spicing one up?! Xx

I rarely have "boring" stews. I love marmita Kua (a mediterrean fish stew), goulash and chicken & thyme hot pot. Some of the magazines have some really fab recipes. Or you could make cottage pie & use carrot & swede mash instead?

Shrimpy said:
I rarely have "boring" stews. I love marmita Kua (a mediterrean fish stew), goulash and chicken & thyme hot pot. Some of the magazines have some really fab recipes. Or you could make cottage pie & use carrot & swede mash instead?

It's not so much boring Ive just never been a fan of stew/casserole the smell texture taste just doesn't appeal. But the cottage pie sounds good - do you use gravy or oxo?! Xx

its definately worth getting the origanal plain recipe book from class or e bay , I cool lots of things - pork ratatoullie , morrocan lamb , keema curry , prawn stir fry , chicken sofrita ..... there are also quite a few recipes in the extra easy recipe book . I am just doing red days this time and loving it , I use butternut squash as a potato substitute , makes great roast wedges / chips :D

Some suggestions:

stirfry - can use any meat/seafood to bulk it up, i usually just have this and a pack of ready made stirfry veg packets from tesco with some soy sauce added

SW burgers/Meatballs - can make these with beef, pork, turkey, lamb or chicken mince

One tray pork - Very tasty , i got the recipe from an old sw mag but found it here:
Slimming World Friendly Smoky One Tray Pork And Vegetables Recipe - Food.com - 418585

Cajun chicken - chicken breast, peppers, onion, pineapple (plus any superfree of your fancy), with schwartz cajun mix - i put it all in a oven roasting bag and it comes out delishious

Thanks Capricorn.. Will be reading your diary in full at work during lunch x
oohhh you are brave - I can't half rattle on you know :p -if they find you asleep at your desk -Im not taking the blame :D

CAPRICORN said:
oohhh you are brave - I can't half rattle on you know :p -if they find you asleep at your desk -Im not taking the blame :D

I love it! Nothing wrong with a bit of rambling x

I use oxo. :)

Back