Slimming Emma

Hi, my weight loss has been fairly slow on extra easy, if I lose anything! I am therefore looking at doing 2 or 3 days a week of red days to boost weight loss. Just looking to get some inspiration for food ideas and whether red days has helped anyone who has hit a plateau? Thanks

I still throw a red in every now and then. Did one today , low carb bubble ( no spuds, just left Over veg from roast ) and fajita seasoned chicken , peppers onions. I prefer the protein to the carbs when I'm not training/cycling. I've also starts during my fitness pal app for calories to get some idea in portion sizes and keep an eye on calories in when I'm not using them up.It's helped me get a good idea of what the food amounts look like, pasta, rice etc. I find it very useful.

What do you call slow weight loss? Couple of pounds a month ? Have you got much to lose?

Have you thought about trying a few SP days a week? These are similar to the old red days in that carbs are restricted but you can still have high protein foods such as beans. I find that they're great at boosting my weight loss if I've had a slow couple of weeks as they're focussed on speed fruit/veg and protein only. You get an extra HEB with these days too, which I think is what you got on the old red days? There are some good forum posts about the SP plan if you're not familiar with it :)

Thanks, I may look into those SP days as the red days are really restrictive in comparison to extra easy.

In regards to weight loss I consider half a pound in a week (and one week with no lose) a bit slow and would like to lose a consistent pound or more a week.

Thanks, I may look into those SP days as the red days are really restrictive in comparison to extra easy.

In regards to weight loss I consider half a pound in a week (and one week with no lose) a bit slow and would like to lose a consistent pound or more a week.

I did the old red/green plans and personally I think SP days are much more restricted than the old red days. Granted on sp you can have peas, beans etc. But there's fruits like bananas, blueberries etc you could have on a red day but not sp. Also you were still able to have yogurts on the old plan and there wasn't the rule about having half a plate of speed food. Personally I'd muc much rather do a red day.

Back