Red Days Red Day Virgin!!!

Margery Dawe

Silver Member
Since I started SW in November I have always done EE which up to a point I have found easy. But, my weight loss has been very slow (average 1/2lb a week) and I know that I can lose weight quicker than this and I just wonder if somehow I am not doing it right and/or it doesn't agree with me. My C is always banging on about having 1/3 superfree (which I know is really important), a 1/3 carbs and a 1/3 protein. I thought the whole point was that you didn't have to worry about this (apart from sf) and your portions of carbs and protein should not be more than a clenched fist!! I know I struggle with the 1/3 sf so that's where I might be going wrong.

So, I'm going to give the red days a go and see how it goes, but as I have always done EE, I find it a little bewildering by going over to 'the other side'!!! Please, please can you give me some advice with meal ideas, portion control, what can I eat between meals, what you use your syns on etc etc.

Please help me :confused:

You don't have to have 1/3 red and 1/3 green on superfree, simply 1/3 superfree. You could fill that other 2/3 with whatever you wanted! Your consultant shouldn't be telling you this, or advising what portion sizes you should be having, as it goes against the whole ethos of SW. The plan has been devised to we can eat selected foods without needing to be concerned with portions.

Meals wise, my favourite red day meal is a chicken breast stuffed with hea of cheese, wrapped in bacon with roasted veggies.

If you miss potatoes, butternut squash is an excellent alternative.

On red there is no official portion control. You are advised to eat at least 5 fruit and veg a day and you get one extra a and b choice. I find on red days i'm more likely to snack on red foods during the day, but that's part of the beauty of the red plan!

Hiya love - have a look in my diary for Red day inspiration - i am on a red day today and have had the following meals planned:

B - Weetabix/Scan bran cake
L - Mini SW quiches with cheese, bacon and mushrooms
D - Chicken, Cheesy SW Chips and loads of veggies and gravy
S - Banana, yoghurt, fruit!

x

Thanks girls for the advice. I've ready your diary Elle and have got some great ideas. :thankyou:

When you make the sw quiche's, would you snack on these at some point during the day if you were hungry, or would you just have them at lunch?

I've had a great day and loads of food. It's like starting from scratch all over again as my head is always in the book, which I can only think is a good thing!!

Theres a sticky thread about each plan too - that might help you :)

I am a red/green girl & lost the majority of my weight on red days, once your head is around them you'll be fine. I tend to use my HEb on porridge oats for breakfast & 198g new pots with evening meal, using left overs for lunches where possible :)

I do red days and my fave meal has to a grill up :)
2 tesco light cumberland sausages ( 2 syns )
Poached Egg
Tomato
Mushrooms
Bacon
Slice of toast ( HEXB)

Hi, I started off with EE but now do all red days. Thought I'd struggle but I actually prefer it as you can have 2 hex a & 2 hex b :D
Meals that typically require mash can be adapted, e.g. swede and carrot mash on cottage pie or some people use cauliflower/brocolli mash.
With chilli or curry I have a wholemeal pitta instead of rice.
Fish or meat with vegetables is always good or bacon, eggs and tinned tomatoes. I can also recommend the sw doner kebab recipe over on that forum.
If you like salad then bacon, egg or chicken ones are all good.
Remember you can also use your hex B on some typically green day foods or can use syns for pasta or rice if you really want them.
My snacks include mullerlights, I keep frozen berries and get them out every evening to mix with mullerights or vlf natural yoghurt. Or the alpen light bars as healthy extra's.
I am so much less bloated since being on the red plan, it's fantastic as my tummy is now much flatter.

Thanks girls for the advice. I've ready your diary Elle and have got some great ideas. :thankyou:

When you make the sw quiche's, would you snack on these at some point during the day if you were hungry, or would you just have them at lunch?

I've had a great day and loads of food. It's like starting from scratch all over again as my head is always in the book, which I can only think is a good thing!!

I would snack on a couple maybe!!!! :) but today i held out until lunch!!! :) xxx glad my diary has given you some ideas! xxx

Theres a sticky thread about each plan too - that might help you :)

I am a red/green girl & lost the majority of my weight on red days, once your head is around them you'll be fine. I tend to use my HEb on porridge oats for breakfast & 198g new pots with evening meal, using left overs for lunches where possible :)

Where can I find the sticky. Sorry but I looked everywhere!

Back