Red days: Bacon

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by RickCov, 11 February 2011 Social URL.

1. RickCov

RickCov Full Member

Hi all, with the SW bacon roll, is it ok to remove all visible fat after cooking or is it a must that this is done before? Because I doubt that it wouldn't be very appetising with just a couple of round pieces of dry bacon.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. alexisemma31

alexisemma31 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    I always take it off before. I have a tblspoon of ketchup or a sliced tomato to stop it from being dry.

4. RickCov

RickCov Full Member

Ok brilliant, thanks, so do you just use the round bit of lean meat or do you just cut the long strip of the one side and use the rest? The one on the SW app looks delicious but I doubt mine would turn out like that!

5. RickCov

RickCov Full Member

Yeah, I plan to count the roll as HEB. think im going to have to buy the lean stuff then, I've been buying normal stuff and chopping the fat off but it is a pain. Thanks for the advice! :)

6. Spotty Teapot

Spotty Teapot Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Sliming World
    Lidls do bacon medallions too, for about the same price (£1.99) and they look a lot bigger than what you get when you chop the non ok bits off a normal rasher.

7. RickCov

RickCov Full Member

Great tip, thanks. Lidl are taking over at the minute, soon there's going to more Lidl than Tesco!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.