Red Days Red days on a budget? can it be done?

hi,
hope your all ok. Well i've been on slimming world for three weeks now i lost 3lb the first week, put one on last week(i think that was down to going spectacually over my syns by having a KFC and Nandos and the odd biscuit that i had but pretended i didnt). I cant make weigh in today but hopefully lost. My question is: I have been doing extra easy but i have come to the conclusion its not for me, I need to do red days as i have bigger losses on them but we are on a bit of an unexpected budget now boyfriends hours have been cut. Do any of you do red days on a budget, what meals do you have. There is me, my boyfriend our 2 year old and our 6 month old and about £50.00 a week for everything(including baby milk, nappies etc..) arghhh i hate this recession!!!
I would be greatful for any of your advice tips or ideas!!
thank you so much
love
michelle
x x

Im in the same boat hun, only we have 40 a week and one less child. Ive started to get a lot of turkey to replace say chicken and beef so this week weve had Turkey meatballs in a veggie tom sauce with a hex worth of pasta, Turkey stirfry with noodles (green day with the turkey as a hex) SW bacon burgers made with the 1 pack of xtra lean mince ive managed to budget in and got 4 good sized burgers. Ive made some free soups to have for lunch made with carrots, squash and cauliflower and weve had a green day with jackets beans and cheese for tea.
Also try and find any bogofs or half price offers for your meat, its hard to start with as your so used to buying a certain way but you get used to it.
As for things like nappies etc keep your eyes peeled for offers there too almost everyweek somewhere has an offer on nappies/wipes etc.

*Forgot to add talk to your hv regarding healthy start vouchers for your baby milk*

Last edited:
have you been to iceland to stock up on your meats?
i bought a pack of 8 good size pork loin steaks for £3.
they have big bags of whole chicken breasts for a few quid.
ready cooked frozen chicken strips from £2 which are great for chucking into curry,stirfry etc.
also saw big bags of frozen lean mince for a few pounds too.
i'm sure there's lots more.
would be handy to have in the freezer so you can rustle up something tasty with them hun.
oh and farm foods is great for fish and prawns etc.

aww thank you, Lots of ideas for me to try. I haven't been to iceland for years i might pop down in a bit and see what bargains are to be had. I suppose if anything it will teach me to be a better cook as i will have to learn to throw things together to make a meal haha!
thank you again.
love
michelle
x x

Back